Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 1.16 Beta #2

Same issue with mine. Had 1.16 Beta 1. Tried to update with Fractal Bot, got a short
way in, then hung with transmission error. Did this several times, downloaded a fresh
copy of Beta 2, same thing. Rebooted Axe & Bot a couple times. Then remembered
the Page L/R start thing. Restarted in Emergency mode. Did Mem tests (ok). Then
tried Beta 2 install again while in Emergency mode. Transferred and installed correctly.
Win 10 Pro, latest updates.
Axe Edit 1.0.0 installed and everything seems to be working well again!
Thanks for the updates!

Works an absolute treat here. Thanks so much for the MBC love, I'm running these settings on heavy guitars at the moment and it's a huge improvement on what we had before. You guys are something else.

View attachment 49876
I have to say, your midbass compression trick really works.

Cliff,

When Output Mode is set to SS POWERAMP + CAB, which other parameters in the Amp block does it override?
I guess Speaker Comp and Speaker Drive, but others too?

Do you perhaps know if this mode works well with Seymour Duncan’s Powerstage range (SS amps)?

Could someone tell me how i get the beta firmware to upload to the axe3?? I usually wait till its out via the fractal site and open fractal bot and it comes up automatically... This is the first time i have did this using a beta update... I made a mistake and updated the axe edit lll software now it wont let me do anything until i update to version 1.16... I am currently running 1.15...
Is it possible to update 1.16 beta#2 without having to the first version?
Here is the simplest method in the world : download the 1.16b2 zip file. Launch FracTool. Drop the zipfile on the AxeFx III icon in FracTool.
DONE !

Works an absolute treat here. Thanks so much for the MBC love, I'm running these settings on heavy guitars at the moment and it's a huge improvement on what we had before. You guys are something else.

View attachment 49876

Why you don't have the Freq Range selector under the Crossover button?

Attachments

• 2018-10-02 16_38_59-Axe-Edit III.png
    2018-10-02 16_38_59-Axe-Edit III.png
    69.4 KB · Views: 56
Cliff,

When Output Mode is set to SS POWERAMP + CAB, which other parameters in the Anp block does it override?
I guess Speaker Comp and Speaker Drive, but others too?

Do you perhaps know if this mode works well with Seymour Duncan’s Powerstage range (SS amps)?
No parameters are overridden.

You could set up two amp blocks that are identical other than the mode, and then just route to the appropriate equipment. Thats what I do with one amp to the CLRs, and one to the power amp and cab.
To have a third amp block for this would be great. I could have the third amp going to my in ears and not have a boost for my leads. I don't like the lead boost in my ears because I have my guitar at just the right volume to hear it good and the lead boost is a little too loud but its just right at FOH and I'm trying to save what hearing I have left.

To have a third amp block for this would be great. I could have the third amp going to my in ears and not have a boost for my leads. I don't like the lead boost in my ears because I have my guitar at just the right volume to hear it good and the lead boost is a little too loud but its just right at FOH and I'm trying to save what hearing I have left.

There isn’t a left/right solution for that , where you could be boosting one side and send the other to in-ears ?
I’m pretty sure I’d be popping one loose just before the solo , with what you’re describing.
When I solo , my otherwise mostly mono signal , extends to the other side with a slightly panned additional signal , which translates to more of me , instead of me - louder. ( if that makes any sense ).

I am having challenges with that, too... But you if you send to a different Output block for IEM versus FOH you can put a boost only on one signal path.

Anyone having problems backing up with Fractal-Bot? I always get a "Message timeout" error when "Foot Controller Settings Only" is being backed up. If I uncheck this option in the Backup Type window, the backup completes successfully.

Anyone having problems backing up with Fractal-Bot? I always get a "Message timeout" error when "Foot Controller Settings Only" is being backed up. If I uncheck this option in the Backup Type window, the backup completes successfully.
Don't worry about it for now. The foot controllers haven't been released yet, so there are no foot controller settings to back up. :)

Back
Top Bottom