Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 1.16 Beta #2

Awesomesauce ... Thank you FAS!

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes for 1.16

Improved Multiband Compressor block so that mid-band gain is automatically compensated for crossover response.

Added Frequency Range parameters to Multiband Compressor block. This selects between Low and High frequency ranges yielding more flexible crossover frequencies.

Added Crossover Slope parameter to Multiband Compressor block. Choices are 12 and 24 dB/octave.

Added FAS Boost to Amp block input boost types.

Added Output Mode to Amp block. The default value, FRFR, is the classic mode and designed for use with monitors or recording. The SS PA + Cab mode is intended for use with a solid-state power amp and conventional guitar cab. In this mode speaker compression modeling behaves differently relying on the speaker for compression while still simulating the interaction with the power amp. NOTE: this mode is not intended for use with current drive power amps, i.e. tube power amps, Class-D current feedback amps (Quilter Tone Block), etc. NOTE: this mode CAN be used with FRFR monitors in high volume applications where the monitor’s speakers are compressing thereby achieving a more dynamic response.

Fixed moving cabs with Axe-Edit causes corrupted empty slots.

Fixed Looper status not reported correctly via MIDI.

Fixed Looper doesn’t always start if threshold is off.

Various fixes and changes for FC series foot controllers.

Awesomesauce ... Thank you FAS!

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes for 1.16

Improved Multiband Compressor block so that mid-band gain is automatically compensated for crossover response.

Added Frequency Range parameters to Multiband Compressor block. This selects between Low and High frequency ranges yielding more flexible crossover frequencies.

Added Crossover Slope parameter to Multiband Compressor block. Choices are 12 and 24 dB/octave.

Added FAS Boost to Amp block input boost types.

Added Output Mode to Amp block. The default value, FRFR, is the classic mode and designed for use with monitors or recording. The SS PA + Cab mode is intended for use with a solid-state power amp and conventional guitar cab. In this mode speaker compression modeling behaves differently relying on the speaker for compression while still simulating the interaction with the power amp. NOTE: this mode is not intended for use with current drive power amps, i.e. tube power amps, Class-D current feedback amps (Quilter Tone Block), etc. NOTE: this mode CAN be used with FRFR monitors in high volume applications where the monitor’s speakers are compressing thereby achieving a more dynamic response.

Fixed moving cabs with Axe-Edit causes corrupted empty slots.

Fixed Looper status not reported correctly via MIDI.

Fixed Looper doesn’t always start if threshold is off.

Various fixes and changes for FC series foot controllers.
I normally run delays and reverb after the AMP and CAB. With this SS + PA + CAB option, i'm wondering if the following signal chain is OK/valid or wrong....

IN----DRVs----AMP----DLY----REV----OUT

the AMP above has the SS + PA + CAB option set.

normally it would be
IN----DRVs----AMP---CAB---DLY---REV---OUT
(in this case AMP is in the FRFR mode)

!!!!!!!!!!!
WOW.. " Fractal Audio and associates " Standing Ovation" Tirelessly improving some of the best ,of the best- Musical equipment on the face of the EARTH <!!!!!!!
Special shout out to the """"Beta Testers""""""those that > chase <down and FINE tune .these musical making products Hurrah !!!!!
Thanks Cliff and TEAM of Fractal Audio

Can't wait to get home and try this out. Glad I skipped the first beta! The new Axe-Edit is out too! Fun times tonight! Thanks FAS!

I keep getting an error when trying to load this. About 1/3 through the load I get - ". Please Fractal-Bot: An error has occurred during the file transmission. No response received ensure the Axe Fx III is powered on, then try again."

I've never had this before. MacPro 10.12.6.

I keep getting an error when trying to load this. About 1/3 through the load I get - ". Please Fractal-Bot: An error has occurred during the file transmission. No response received ensure the Axe Fx III is powered on, then try again."

I've never had this before. MacPro 10.12.6.
Are you currently on the previous 1.16 beta1 firmware? If so, boot into recovery mode before updating to 1.16 beta2

For those having difficulty rolling back you can use the emergency recovery mode:
1. Turn power off.
2. Press and hold Page < and Page >
3. Turn power on and continue to hold for a couple seconds.
4. Unit will boot into emergency image.
5. Update as usual.

Back
Top Bottom