Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 1.16 Beta #2

Got home from vacation and one of the first things I did was play my guitar. Tried out the Andy Sneap style multiband compressor settings (@2112 made a tutorial on this recently) and damn does that sound and feel great! It immediately went into all of my modern sounding presets. Sounded good with clean and mid gain sounds too.

Also very happy to have FAS Boost in the amp block!

Hey team! This update is wonderful, as expected from you all. I did notice, however, that the new Axe Edit (v1.0 finally out of beta??) requires firmware 1.16 or newer. This is slightly problematic because the firmware for the Axe FX III isn't currently listed under the downloads. A simple google search clears the air, but for some it might be nice to have an official download somewhere on the site. Just a thought! Thanks again!!! :)

Hey team! This update is wonderful, as expected from you all. I did notice, however, that the new Axe Edit (v1.0 finally out of beta??) requires firmware 1.16 or newer. This is slightly problematic because the firmware for the Axe FX III isn't currently listed under the downloads. A simple google search clears the air, but for some it might be nice to have an official download somewhere on the site. Just a thought! Thanks again!!! :)
It's a beta firmware... As such, it would never be listed on the download page.

I am having challenges with that, too... But you if you send to a different Output block for IEM versus FOH you can put a boost only on one signal path.

Here's another option: Use a compressor block after everything else for your IEM output. Set it to compress aggressively but set threshold to only trigger when lead boost is on. This could help limit the signal to your ears when it goes above normal (non lead boost) levels.

Here's another option: Use a compressor block after everything else for your IEM output. Set it to compress aggressively but set threshold to only trigger when lead boost is on. This could help limit the signal to your ears when it goes above normal (non lead boost) levels.
I don't think that would work for me - I prefer the guitar have the ability to be dynamic and "breathe", especially during solos.

I think it's simpler from a settings and CPU load perspective to just not put the boost on the IEM signal.

But it might work for somebody. It's nice to have options! ;)

To have a third amp block for this would be great. I could have the third amp going to my in ears and not have a boost for my leads. I don't like the lead boost in my ears because I have my guitar at just the right volume to hear it good and the lead boost is a little too loud but its just right at FOH and I'm trying to save what hearing I have left.
You could simply split the signal before the volume boost (if it's being done post-amp/cab)
Or in alternative program to lower your IEM output the same amount of dB it gets boosted, for example by engaging/disengaging a volume block connected to that output.

Back
Top Bottom