Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 1.16 Beta #2

Are you currently on the previous 1.16 beta1 firmware? If so, boot into recovery mode before updating to 1.16 beta2
Yes I am. The instructions for emergency recovery mode - I'm a little nervous. I can't back up either. I get timeout error with Fractal Bot. Question. There are two page buttons. Do I hold both or either the left or right?

I'll wait and reboot Mac. See if that fixes. In the past with III on timeout I just ignored it on final check. It always "took." But this won't even finish.

I keep getting an error when trying to load this. About 1/3 through the load I get - ". Please Fractal-Bot: An error has occurred during the file transmission. No response received ensure the Axe Fx III is powered on, then try again."

I've never had this before. MacPro 10.12.6.

Ditto. Same experience using Windows 10 Pro, so we can rule out an OS issue.

Rebooted the device, app, computer several times. Tride changing the buffer speed too, no dice.

It's worth mentioning beta 1 loaded without issue. Never had any issues in the past either,

Yes I am. The instructions for emergency recovery mode - I'm a little nervous. I can't back up either. I get timeout error with Fractal Bot. Question. There are two page buttons. Do I hold both or either the left or right?

I'll wait and reboot Mac. See if that fixes. In the past with III on timeout I just ignored it on final check. It always "took." But this won't even finish.
don't worry about the emergency recovery mode, just use it. and yes hold both page buttons at once when turning III on.

Yep, just hold both buttons down while powering up and then update......just had to do this myself....worked great!

I have a question.. I run FRFR into 2 CLR's and also to in ear monitors and front of house as well, if I decided to use an amp and cab with the new output mode selection in the amp block plus in ears and FOH how will this feature work? Or will it?

I have a question.. I run FRFR into 2 CLR's and also to in ear monitors and front of house as well, if I decided to use an amp and cab with the new output mode selection in the amp block plus in ears and FOH how will this feature work? Or will it?
You could set up two amp blocks that are identical other than the mode, and then just route to the appropriate equipment. Thats what I do with one amp to the CLRs, and one to the power amp and cab.

I had 1.16a previously. I did the emergency boot. Dead simple. Hold both page buttons and power on. Once you are in the emergency boot screen run Fractal-Bot to install firmware.

Could someone tell me how i get the beta firmware to upload to the axe3?? I usually wait till its out via the fractal site and open fractal bot and it comes up automatically... This is the first time i have did this using a beta update... I made a mistake and updated the axe edit lll software now it wont let me do anything until i update to version 1.16... I am currently running 1.15...
Is it possible to update 1.16 beta#2 without having to the first version?

Could someone tell me how i get the beta firmware to upload to the axe3?? I usually wait till its out via the fractal site and open fractal bot and it comes up automatically... This is the first time i have did this using a beta update... I made a mistake and updated the axe edit lll software now it wont let me do anything until i update to version 1.16... I am currently running 1.15...
Yes. Just download it from post 1 and open it from your downloads folder using

fractal bot

Could someone tell me how i get the beta firmware to upload to the axe3??
  1. Click the Download link provided in Cliff's Original Post.
  2. Once the "axefxiii_dsp_rel_1p16_beta2.zip" file downloads to your computer double click on it to unzip it (if it isn't unzipped automatically by your browser).
  3. Inside of the resulting "axefxiii_dsp_rel_1p16_beta2" folder you should see three files: two are PDFs (the readme and the release notes), one is a SYX file named "axefxiii_dsp_rel_1p16_beta2.syx", this is the file you want.
  4. Open Fractal-Bot and chose Axe-Fx III on the Send tab in the "1 READY" section
  5. Drag the "axefxiii_dsp_rel_1p16_beta2.syx" file from your computer's drive to the file well in the "2 SET" section of Fractal-Bot (or click the "BROWSE" button and navigate to the file inside of the folder you downloaded in the window that comes up after you click the button)
  6. Click the "BEGIN" button in the "3 GO" section of Fractal-Bot
  7. Wait for the file to transfer, the firmware to flash and then follow the on screen instructions.

All of this and more is covered in the "README Firmware Update Guide.pdf" file that comes with the firmware download if you want to review any of the steps as you go.
Yes, no need for the beta 1 version to update to beta 2.

click the link in the first post here
unzip the resulting file on your computer
open Fractal bot
choose Axe3 in step 1
drag and drop the .syx file from the unzipped file on to Step 2 area or click Browse in step 2 and navigate to the .syx file
click Begin in step 3

Henry - you'll be fine. Follow the instructions and you'll be fine. Worked great for me!

I haven't had a chance to play, yet, but as far as my initial response, it's BLAZING fast, now.

Both Axe-Fx and Axe-Edit start-ups were faster than ever, it seemed like to me, and FW refresh also seemed to run faster. Changes to preset blocks are almost real-time, now, with almost no discernible lag.

Don't know what you did, but THANKS!!!!! :D Can't wait to get plugged in later tonight.

Been hitting this for a couple hours now with no issues and everything sounds great! Thanks again!

Yep, seems as stable and snappy and great sounding as it should, thanks for working thru the weekend!

Back
Top Bottom