Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 1.15 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just verified everything in the new firmware except the improved synthesizer CPU (I don't have a baseline for that).

- The IR Player block will come in handy. Just a modest 6% CPU hit for any Tone Match, guitar body or other IR that you want to use.

- Volume Increment/Decrement is stacked! Bump it quickly five times in a row, and it dutifully carries out five dB of change-and-save while you stand there and watch. Does it fast, too.

- The wood-block metronome is the perfect sonic choice.

- Looper improvements! Nice! The visual depiction of threshold vs. level is really useful. My only remaining want is the ability to change speed while maintaining pitch. Trivial, right? :)

- The tuner improvement takes it from a superb laboratory tuner to a great live tuner.

What about having the list of midi controllable things, and have 2 columns, the first is the CC number, and the second is the midi channel?

For those with simple midi controllers, they set all of their CC's to the same channel, and assign up to 128 items(basically what we currently do, because we can only use 1 midi channel). For those with more complex controllers, we assign channels or whatever we wish to a separate midi channel, so that we aren't using up a ton of CC's on the primary channel, for the "channel select" operation.

Yes, please move this thread, Yek.

Thanks

+1

The picker on the new IR player permits to select only the User cabs,
To select teh factory cabs I need to insert the number manually
Is it correct or I am doing something wrong?

Got around to the update. Working great so far. Thank you very much for the metronome. That really makes life a little easier.

it's seem there is a bug on the cab block on the cab#2 air % knob.
a value change increase so much the level of the preset.
didn't have this issue on the cab#1-3-4, only on the cab#2...

Last edited:
There is no Cab #2 Air % knob. There is a single Air control that applies to the final mix.
Hi Cliff, i know this, so i need to correct my explanation who wasn’t clear effectively.

try to put the same cab nb in cab#1, and change the single air % knob. and try the same one in cab #2.

this issue seems to affect only cab#2. cab#1/3/4 works well

Question: "Added Output 1 Volume Increment and Output 1 Volume Decrement CC assignments. When the CC assigned to Volume Increment/Decrement is received the scene volume for Output 1 is incremented or decremented by 1 dB and the preset automatically saved."
Does this only Change the Scene 1 Volume for Output 1 ?
Not the overall Volume For Output 1?
I programmed it and it only Changes the Scene 1 Volume...

You answered your own question. :)

Switch to Scene 2, and it'll change the Scene 2 volume.

Question: "Added Output 1 Volume Increment and Output 1 Volume Decrement CC assignments. When the CC assigned to Volume Increment/Decrement is received the scene volume for Output 1 is incremented or decremented by 1 dB and the preset automatically saved."
My understanding is that it changes the scene volume of whatever scene you are using at the time the CCs are sent.

You answered your own question. :)

Switch to Scene 2, and it'll change the Scene 2 volume.
Thanks it's working great. I wish there was an option for an Overall Output 1 Vol Inc/Dec... It would be easier in the middle of a Show. Oh well....

Understood, but when I’m on Stage in the middle of a show I can’t run back to my Rig to adjust Output Volumes for individual Presets.
I'm confused. I thought you wanted an overall Out1 volume change.

Are you sure you really want to change volume for all scenes in a preset, all at once, in the middle of a show? I think that would get me in trouble more than it would help me. If I need a little boost for my lead scene, I don't want my rhythm scene coming along for the ride.

Last edited:
I'm confused. I though you wanted an overall Out1 volume change.

Are you sure you really want to change volume for all scenes in a preset, all at once, in the middle of a show? I think that would get me in trouble more than it would help me. If I need a little boost for my lead scene, I don't want my rhythm scene coming along for the ride.
I’m sorry for the confusion. The more I’m using it now on the Ax III the more I like it. On my Axe II the Vol Inc/Dec was only for Scene 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom