Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 1.15 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately the metronome seems to affect the analog outputs only.

I have my monitors hooked up via spdif and there's no metronome. Accordingly, the meters do not show activity for USB out.
The source for both is out1 in the setup menu.

That said, this is my first firmware update since I got the III and I'm happy to see things I missed taken care of so quickly :)
Thanks FAS!

Question on the looper midi ctrl: will the overdub get its own CC or does it only work by sending the record CC again?

Reactions: FSM
+1 for *optional* spdif metronome output and maybe eventually different patterns besides 4/4
Patterns? I thought it was just a straight metronome (ie, all the clicks are the same), in which case the only limit, time-signature wise, is your imagination as it is just marking the tempo, not the time signature.

Austin

Last edited:
Patterns. I thought it was just a straight metronome (ie, all the clicks are the same), in which case the only limit, time-signature wise, is your imagination as it is just marking the tempo, not the time signature.

Austin

guess what I mean, it's nice being able to set the bar tick in pre-determined patterns so I don't have to think or use my imagination; completely letting go and immersing in the experience. for me, I don't think while I'm playing -- the music plays me and I become the instrument being played -- that make any sense?

I'm sure others think while playing; but for me, it's a very mindless experience like meditation -- being the witness. The bar reminders, patterns, triplets, etc. are good for practice. This might not be useful to you, but it prevents me from having to buy a separate device.

Don't get me wrong, quarter note is better than nothing! And this is in no way a complaint, just putting it out there. If it's a ridiculous request, forget I mentioned it :)

Tuners typically use filtering to smooth the display. Now the filter is reset when it detects the note has changed. This reduces the slow “glide” when switching strings. Otherwise it works the same.

Was hoping for the increased note size too, I have a wish in the forum somewhere. For us using live. Thanks for this change too.

Haven't been able to check this one out yet. Can anyone tell me if the Looper controls are now open to modifiers? I've been waiting for that one.

Moving certain functionality to other MIDI channels would immediately render simple MIDI controllers useless.
There are alternatives. Using Fractal's MIDI implementation, RJM for example is using SysEx to control everything, not needing and bypassing CC assignments on the III.
But let's discuss this in a separate thread.

simple midi controllers probably cannot send sysex, unless that manufacturer works closely with Fractal to crack the code, and then the maker of the simple midi pedal, converts it to something manageable by the simple controller.

What about having the list of midi controllable things, and have 2 columns, the first is the CC number, and the second is the midi channel?

For those with simple midi controllers, they set all of their CC's to the same channel, and assign up to 128 items(basically what we currently do, because we can only use 1 midi channel). For those with more complex controllers, we assign channels or whatever we wish to a separate midi channel, so that we aren't using up a ton of CC's on the primary channel, for the "channel select" operation.

Yes, please move this thread, Yek.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom