Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 1.15 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/1p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_1p15_beta1.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes

Added (2) IR Player blocks. These are simple versions of the Cabinet block that can be used to process IRs for various purposes such as applying Tone Matches separate from the Tone Match block. For example, an IR Player block can be used to apply a Tone Match of a guitar at the beginning of a chain leaving the Tone Match block available for amp matching.

Added Output 1 Volume Increment and Output 1 Volume Decrement CC assignments. When the CC assigned to Volume Increment/Decrement is received the scene volume for Output 1 is incremented or decremented by 1 dB and the preset automatically saved.

Added Metronome function. To enable the metronome press the Tempo button and adjust the level for the desired output(s). Note: the metronome levels persist across presets and are reset to OFF at power on.

Improved Looper block:
1. Added Record Threshold parameter. When set to a value greater than -80 dB recording will not start until the input signal exceeds the set value. The Record icon will blink when the Looper is armed for recording and will turn solid when recording starts. The meter at the bottom of the page can be used to help set the Threshold. Use the soft knob or main Value knob to adjust the threshold value (or use the Record Threshold parameter on the Config page).

2. Added Trim Start and Trim End parameters to the Looper block. These parameters can be used to adjust the start and end points of the loop. The graph on the Control page provides visualization of the loop and the start/end points.

3. Added Quantize parameter. When set to ON the loop length is quantized to the nearest beat.

4. Added Record 2nd Press parameter. Choices are Overdub – existing behavior, second press of Record ends loop and enters overdub; Play – second press of Record ends loop and enters play; Stop – second press of Record ends loop.

5. Added Speed parameter. When Speed is set to HALF the virtual tape runs at half the normal speed. The speed can be also be toggled via a MIDI CC message.

Improved CPU usage for Synthesizer block when oscillator type is white or pink noise.

Improved Tuner.

Fixed ADSR graphs not initializing properly on preset recall.

Oooh, awesome to see the "Record Threshold" parameter added into the Looper... the other additions as well. Thanks Cliff!

www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/1p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_1p15_beta1.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes

Added Output 1 Volume Increment and Output 1 Volume Decrement CC assignments.

We still need a solution for being able to assign a CC to more of the features for which a CC can be used. Please. We can utilize 128 CC numbers at the moment, but the Axe FX III has many more controllable parameters than that. While it's true, that no two users will choose the same parameters to assign to a CC, and no-one needs to be able to assign every feature to a cc, that can be assigned, it is still the case, that there are many parameters we might want to be able to assign, and this number exceeds 128 things. I probably would need 140, but that is a guess. I know I excluded several things, to keep the number at 128 assignments - such as the #2's of many effects like Chorus 2, Flanger 2, etc and so forth. If worse comes to worse, and I was utilizing an effect that I didn't have assigned, I would use scenes in that instance to turn it on or bypass, and select a channel for the block.

You mentioned before the possibility of putting the "channel a,b,c,d" commands on a different midi channel, and that would certainly help.

Thanks for the beta and I hope you will consider the midi channel assignment thing.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom