Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 1.14

I see it in the alphabetical list of stuff on the BYPASS tab
Are you referring to the "Scene MIDI" entry in that list? That's for the "Scene MIDI" block -- it's a block you can use in the grid to send MIDI data on scene change. There is no other scene-related entry in the list on the BYPASS tab.

Thanks yet again. Great to see the MIDI fixes as well.

I'll re-post a couple of trivial issues I found in the previous version, but please let me know if it's not necessary.

(1) The mixer block has a bypass toggle as well as being able to set a bypass MIDI CC number, but it can't be bypassed. It couldn't be bypassed in the Axe-FX II either, and it doesn't really make sense to do that unless it also has a bypass level control to compensate for the signal boost when combining multiple channel rows. But strangely, you CAN bypass the multiplexer block (with the volume boost problem). Probably these blocks should have consistent behaviour, and no need for settings that can't be used.

(2) The crossover block doesn't have modifiers on the level and balance controls, and also doesn't have global settings (like were on the II) but I expect this is probably still a work in progress.

Damn! my computer won't be fixed for at least another week. I may have to get a new one, and it's been strongly suggested to me by a couple IT guys that I go with Microsoft this time, Apple are just getting way too expensive. It's been nice using a Macbook with the 3, I hope there won't be too much of a learning curve.

Last edited:
Damn! my computer won't be fixed for at least another week. I may have to get a new one, and it's been strongly suggested to me buy a couple IT guys that I go with Microsoft this time, Apple are just getting way too expensive. It's been nice using a Macbook with the 3, I hope there won't be too much of a learning curve.

Siding with my fellow mod: let's keep threads on topic. This thread is about new firmware.

Back
Top Bottom