Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 1.13

Thank you FAS!

I think on some intellectual level I understand the improvements/increased capacity of some of the FX, but I don't have the real-world experience to model some great FX beyond the basic/rudimentary. Looking forward to the day when someone creates creative FX blocks (for sale is fine) of configs which do emulate either legacy or new great sounding delays, chorus, ring mod combos, etc.

I did play with @yek "quadraphonic" sound from the III (had FRFR up front and cabs in the back soundstage w/ delay and verb). It was Yuuuuuuge!!!

I updated to the new firmware. Now I am having some problems. I had a preset that had clean, dirt, heavy, soft lead, and a lead sound. They were volume balanced well. When I updated today now the clean is way louder than the heavy and it is much cleaner that it previously was. I had to turn the level on the clean amp from -17 to -40 to balance it with the heavy sound. I went back to 1.13 beta2 and it still has the same problem. Also I have a filter set for leads with a 4.8db boost. I see it get enabled but now there is no volume boost. I looked at the meter on the output block and I dont see any increase when engaging the filter. It does not seem right and I dont know how to get back to where I was before. I have a show on Saturday and need to get this working.

I updated to the new firmware. Now I am having some problems. I had a preset that had clean, dirt, heavy, soft lead, and a lead sound. They were volume balanced well. When I updated today now the clean is way louder than the heavy and it is much cleaner that it previously was. I had to turn the level on the clean amp from -17 to -40 to balance it with the heavy sound. I went back to 1.13 beta2 and it still has the same problem. Also I have a filter set for leads with a 4.8db boost. I see it get enabled but now there is no volume boost. I looked at the meter on the output block and I dont see any increase when engaging the filter. It does not seem right and I dont know how to get back to where I was before. I have a show on Saturday and need to get this working.
Post the preset brother..

Nevermind. Here it is.
When I load your preset, I hear just what you dialed in: an extremely quiet clean scene. Compared to the other scenes, it almost disappears. Which makes sense, given that you've got Level set to near -40 dB.

I think something external to your Axe III is causing the mismatch that you're trying to compensate for.

Sounds like power amp modeling is turned off.

Thank you FAS!

I think on some intellectual level I understand the improvements/increased capacity of some of the FX, but I don't have the real-world experience to model some great FX beyond the basic/rudimentary. Looking forward to the day when someone creates creative FX blocks (for sale is fine) of configs which do emulate either legacy or new great sounding delays, chorus, ring mod combos, etc.

I did play with @yek "quadraphonic" sound from the III (had FRFR up front and cabs in the back soundstage w/ delay and verb). It was Yuuuuuuge!!!
This is what I am hoping to see in the future also. I love some of the Eventide Space and cool ambient presets that exist out there, but I don't understand enough yet to make anything like that myself. There are tons of preset packs for metal and rock and cabs and all that. I would love to be able to buy something that has presets that are really creative.

A total newbie question -- Can I skip updates and jump from 1.11 to 1.13?

I hope it's unix based OS...

Appreciate all of the updates! Love the Axe III

I updated last night and had something strange happen.

Upon booting I loaded Axe Edit (newest version also) and while it was still loading I went to the layout on the unit itself and while moving the selection marker to other bocks the screen started flickering and maybe rolling. I stopped moving and went to grab the camera but it stopped in a few seconds.

I haven't yet tried to reproduce it but thought I would mention it.

It can be... Depends on the kernel and distribution of Unix. Linux can also be RTOS.

Since I started this... lol ... no mater on what keystone the RTOS is laying on, the final sauce is unbelievable. The sonic bliss, even with the legacy cabs is A-M-A-Z-I-N'!

Back
Top Bottom