Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 1.13 Beta

There is nothing about "amp models" in the manual. The wiki only lists "Cali Leggy" #58 as the Carvin Legacy, I didn't see anything about the Carvin V3.
Actually, it lists both the Cali Leggy and the Legato models:

F0F5C765-3872-4C4B-89A0-3301E7EEF01F.jpeg

However, I was confusing the V3 with the later version of the Legacy... Which is why I said "2 Legacy models".

Actually, it lists both the Cali Leggy and the Legato models:

View attachment 48212

However, I was confusing the V3 with the later version of the Legacy... Which is why I said "2 Legacy models".

Thanks unix-guy :). What about this Cali? they can't use the same name for two different things!

*Based on an 80’s Mesa Boogie cab (aka “Cliff’s Boogie”) with Mesa Black Shadow Lead 80s speakers (Cab Pack 14 - The 4x12 Collection 2.0 or Cab Pack 4 - Universal Noise Storage)

581 — 4x12 Cali 57 A — FAS
582 — 4x12 Cali 57 B — FAS*

The Cali Leggy I was expecting to be darker, I have a new guitar that's very bright and I'm looking for a "darker" sounding metal amp to hook it up with that has a warm and dark lead and rhythm tone but still has nice crunch, and maybe a cab to go with it. I was thumbing through the cabs and got up to around 800 and didn't see the Celestion G12-65 4x12, would you happen to know where it is? Also any suggestions about a dark sounding amp and cab? Thanks :) Edit: I see the 65 now in Factory 2.

Last edited:
Take a step back. A "dark amp" is simply one with internal design features that reduce high end. You have a dozen or more ways to do this in the Axe-Fx. Make ANY amp a dark amp in seconds without compromise.
Hey @Admin M@ Question? Ever work on a Mike Stern Sound? He uses that old yamaha rack mount unit with the harmonizer set to 0...I guess it goes into two twins...realizing this is odd topic of this thread but I am trying to recreate that sound somehow. Its not chorus..its wierd lol

:):)
Hey @Admin M@ Question? Ever work on a Mike Stern Sound? He uses that old yamaha rack mount unit with the harmonizer set to 0...I guess it goes into two twins...realizing this is odd topic of this thread but I am trying to recreate that sound somehow. Its not chorus..its wierd lol
@austinbuddy has a very nice Mike Stern preset , as well a a few others with cool dual amp routingsin his new Naked Amps collection....you should have these in any event....

It`s simply a slight Pitch Detune. Use Pitch Block Detune (few Cents...) left and right slightly and pan to your liking.

Sorry, guys -- not sure if this is the right place - but I am not sure if this is a bug or user error (most likely the later). On the Axe 2, I would put 2 amps in two rows along with 2 cabs for 2x2 X/Y etc. With the Axe 3 -- we get 4 x 4.

The problem I am encountering is the before/after gain.

Before adding the additional amp and cab the patch just tickles the meter red line. When I add the additional amp and cab (both bypassed) -- the gain redlines the meter.

See attached image

I am sure I am screwing up somehow. Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• increased Gain.png
    increased Gain.png
    159.5 KB · Views: 20
You’re adding a 2nd source of volume (the 2nd amp) so if you’re saying that adding the 2nd amp makes it louder, than that seems right.

Hi Oldnews,

As Chris says - the behaviour is correct. The easy solution is drop the level of each amp block by the same amount to end up with no red lights.

Thanks
Pauly

Sorry, guys -- not sure if this is the right place - but I am not sure if this is a bug or user error (most likely the later). On the Axe 2, I would put 2 amps in two rows along with 2 cabs for 2x2 X/Y etc. With the Axe 3 -- we get 4 x 4.

The problem I am encountering is the before/after gain.

Before adding the additional amp and cab the patch just tickles the meter red line. When I add the additional amp and cab (both bypassed) -- the gain redlines the meter.

See attached image

I am sure I am screwing up somehow. Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom