Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 1.13 Beta

I'm having a lot of fun with this update today! First time I've touched a guitar in over a week. Feels great.

I was working on a Dead & Co Deluxe tone that works well with my 'bucker-equipped hollowbody and I'm really happy with how it's turning out. Only a few blocks in this preset are dialed in right now: Mu-Tron WAH block, COMP, AMP and CAB. But if you want a preview, see the attached files. You'll want to load that JBL IR into a User slot and point the CAB block at it. I have it loaded in User 1. The Mu-Tron settings in Scene 2 are bananas good. I used some tips from @rp911 to build that block.

Attachments

• Dead & Co_20180708_193357.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 32
  • JBL E130 SM57 C.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 29
Four fully independent chorus voices, each with its own LFO and fully parametric control of time, level, pan, and tone, plus two global LFOs? It's a more versatile and powerful unit than a Tri-Chorus or the previous Fractal Audio "Quad Chorus", and in my quick experiments, easy to dial in so it sounds GREAT. Did I mention Feedback? It's actually a QUAD-CHORO-FLANGE! And you have two of them? Here's a quick example. Lush much?

(Preset also attached.)

Looking forward, I think I will be finding some incredible effects by setting the times and modulation rates in relationship to each other using golden ratios, whole-number ratios, prime numbers, tempo values, and more.

I'm also thrilled to be using just one block to recreate my trust Ibanez BC-9, which was simply a 2-voice chorus with separate rate and depth on the left and the right. That unit has some very cool sounds.

Great sound Matt. I was experimenting with that block for a long time tonight as well. It’s stupid versatile. Lots of config options: quad chorus, tri chorus plus mono delay, stereo chorus and stereo delay, etc. The diffuser is really cool with the chorus settings as well.

I want to look at your preset...

Four fully independent chorus voices, each with its own LFO and fully parametric control of time, level, pan, and tone, plus two global LFOs? It's a more versatile and powerful unit than a Tri-Chorus or the previous Fractal Audio "Quad Chorus", and in my quick experiments, easy to dial in so it sounds GREAT. Did I mention Feedback? It's actually a QUAD-CHORO-FLANGE! And you have two of them? Here's a quick example. Lush much?

(Preset also attached.)

Looking forward, I think I will be finding some incredible effects by setting the times and modulation rates in relationship to each other using golden ratios, whole-number ratios, prime numbers, tempo values, and more.

I'm also thrilled to be using just one block to recreate my trust Ibanez BC-9, which was simply a 2-voice chorus with separate rate and depth on the left and the right. That unit has some very cool sounds.

That had potential. :checkeredflag:

Possible bug finding in 1.13. this is with no USB of foot controller connected. IF you're on preset 1 when booting up, it comes up blank with no sound. turn the encoder to another preset and back and it's there and has sound again. i thought maybe a corrupted preset so i replaced it with another, still happens.

Sorry, couldn't post the video on the forum, had to dropbox it:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mdfvjtd6vyitzn9/Possible FW1.13 Bug.mov?dl=0

Possible bug finding in 1.13. this is with no USB of foot controller connected. IF you're on preset 1 when booting up, it comes up blank with no sound. turn the encoder to another preset and back and it's there and has sound again. i thought maybe a corrupted preset so i replaced it with another, still happens.

Had that problem with 1.12. I thought it was fixed. Try turning off "Ignore Redundant PC" in the MIDI settings.

Hurray! I downloaded 1.13 (with no help mind you) opened it, dragged it to my desktop as Matt suggested before when he helped me over the phone, and opened Fractal Bot :), a pleasant ole chap. First he asked me if I wanted to load vers. 1.12, I said F-Bot, Cliff's already on 1.13! So i did the search files on my computer thing, went to desktop and clicked on the SYX file and it started loading. It took a while as I was still on 1.09. BTW, I don't have to load 10, 11, and 12 do I? It's included in 13 right?

Nice! On vacation till Wednesday but when I get back home Wednesday night it’s download time!

Ha! Cliff will be on version 1.14 by then ;).

That sounded awesome! I wanted more...

ELIXIR!?!?!?

You talking about those awesome strings ;).

Great sound Matt.

@Admin M@ is Matt? The guy that helped me on the phone? Geez how'd I miss that? Hey Matt, Axe is sounding great, factory cabs working great, no issues except a little screen flicker when changing some presets. Might be cured with the new update. Thanks for all your help :).

Are you sure you're running 1.13? This bug was in 1.12 but fixed for 1.13.

Tried it on the first preset with Offset at '0' and at '1'. No issue here? (1.13)

Also with 'Ignore Redundant PC' off and on.... Still no issue?

Last edited:
‘Display Offset’ appears at two places: Global:Config and Midi/Remote. These are duplicates.

There’s a separate ‘MIDI PC Offset’ parameter, in Midi/Remote.

‘Display Offset’ appears at two places: Global:Config and Midi/Remote. These are duplicates.

There’s a separate ‘MIDI PC Offset’ parameter, in Midi/Remote.
As long as they are in sync, what’s the harm in having it in both places?

Back
Top Bottom