Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 1.13 Beta

Four fully independent chorus voices, each with its own LFO and fully parametric control of time, level, pan, and tone, plus two global LFOs? It's a more versatile and powerful unit than a Tri-Chorus or the previous Fractal Audio "Quad Chorus", and in my quick experiments, easy to dial in so it sounds GREAT. Did I mention Feedback? It's actually a QUAD-CHORO-FLANGE! And you have two of them? Here's a quick example. Lush much?

(Preset also attached.)

Looking forward, I think I will be finding some incredible effects by setting the times and modulation rates in relationship to each other using golden ratios, whole-number ratios, prime numbers, tempo values, and more.

I'm also thrilled to be using just one block to recreate my trust Ibanez BC-9, which was simply a 2-voice chorus with separate rate and depth on the left and the right. That unit has some very cool sounds.

OMG!!!

So, I guess that changes my weekend plans considerably... Love me some ring mod, and that chorus tone sounds pretty amazing. Downloaded and updating, but have a few things to take care of before I pick up the guitar... really I'm going to do them first. I promise.

I'm not sure what goes beyond Holy Shit Balls, but I think we've gone past that by a large margin now.

Four fully independent chorus voices, each with its own LFO and fully parametric control of time, level, pan, and tone, plus two global LFOs? It's a more versatile and powerful unit than a Tri-Chorus or the previous Fractal Audio "Quad Chorus", and in my quick experiments, easy to dial in so it sounds GREAT. Did I mention Feedback? It's actually a QUAD-CHORO-FLANGE! And you have two of them? Here's a quick example. Lush much?

(Preset also attached.)

Looking forward, I think I will be finding some incredible effects by setting the times and modulation rates in relationship to each other using golden ratios, whole-number ratios, prime numbers, tempo values, and more.

I'm also thrilled to be using just one block to recreate my trust Ibanez BC-9, which was simply a 2-voice chorus with separate rate and depth on the left and the right. That unit has some very cool sounds.

This calls for a Chorus “type” in the Multitap Delay.

I’ve already copied @Admin M@ ‘s multidelay BLK to many of my other presets.......can’t wait for blocks library to reappear....
EDIT>>>>>>
EUREKA.....GLOBAL BLOCKS.(I've only been using these infernal boxes since 2012.......:confused:)

Last edited:
Definitely interested in the MIDI spec... can you confirm that you need MIDI in and out cables if connecting the MFC to get scene/preset names?
The MFC is not a 3rd party controller... And unless there's been an announcement of new MFC firmware, this changes nothing in that regard.

Last edited:
OMG we get ANOTHER update already?!? Dude, I've only owned the unit like 2 weeks and this is like the third update... I love this thing - and you people!!

Huge thanks Cliff for doing this :) As I mentioned previously, Sergey from BJ Devices has been working [and I have voluntarily been testing for him] a new TB Series FW for the Axe 3 ... its all working great but he needs the new Midi Spec to update his FW for 2-way comm's .

Sergey [BJ Devices] is at info@bjdevices.com

If you dont mind, and as Sergey and I have been emailing each other regularly, could you please email a copy to me also at benifin@gmail.com that way between the 3 of us, he will definelty have a copy.

Hoping this is OK from your end.

All the best,
Ben

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom