Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 1.13 Beta

Definitely interested in the MIDI spec... can you confirm that you need MIDI in and out cables if connecting the MFC to get scene/preset names?

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes

Added “SSB Upper” and “SSB Lower” types to Ring Modulator block. These select the upper and lowersidebands of the modulation, respectively.

Added single-sideband ring modulators to Multidelay block. These can be used to create strange and interesting echo sounds. To defeat the modulators turn Master Ring Mod Mix to 0.

Added chorusing to individual delay lines in Multidelay block. There are four LFOs, one for each delay line. The rate and depth of each LFO is individually adjustable. These add to the main LFOs which modulate each delay line at the same frequency but different phases. By using short delay times the Multidelay block can now act as four parallel choruses, each with independent rate and depth.

Added Quad-Tap Band Delay type to Multidelay block. This type has the same configuration as the Quad-Tap delay except the filters are outside the feedback paths.

Added band highlighting to RTA block. Turn Value knob to select desired band. The frequency of the selected band is displayed in the upper left corner.

Changed preset recall behavior if Ignore Redundant PC is on. If Ignore Redundant PC is on and the desired scene (set via PC mapping) is different than the current scene the preset is not loaded but the scene IS changed.

Added MIDI support for 3rd-party devices to set and/or get scene, channel, bypass, scene names and preset name via System Exclusive messages. See the Axe-Fx III MIDI for Third-Party Devices document for implementation details.

Fixed Barberpole type in Phaser block broken.
Fixed no preset loading on startup if Ignore Redundant PC is on. Various changes and fixes for FC controllers.

Settings .., or it ain't happenin' ... ? ;)

Four fully independent chorus voices, each with its own LFO and fully parametric control of time, level, pan, and tone, plus two global LFOs? It's a more versatile and powerful unit than a Tri-Chorus or the previous Fractal Audio "Quad Chorus", and in my quick experiments, easy to dial in so it sounds GREAT. Did I mention Feedback? It's actually a QUAD-CHORO-FLANGE! And you have two of them? Here's a quick example. Lush much?

(Preset also attached.)

Looking forward, I think I will be finding some incredible effects by setting the times and modulation rates in relationship to each other using golden ratios, whole-number ratios, prime numbers, tempo values, and more.

I'm also thrilled to be using just one block to recreate my trust Ibanez BC-9, which was simply a 2-voice chorus with separate rate and depth on the left and the right. That unit has some very cool sounds.

Attachments

• Quad-Choro-Flange M_20180706_164815.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 111
Four fully independent chorus voices, each with its own LFO and fully parametric control of time, level, pan, and tone, plus two global LFOs? It's a more versatile and powerful unit than a Tri-Chorus or the previous Fractal Audio "Quad Chorus", and in my quick experiments, easy to dial in so it sounds GREAT. Did I mention Feedback? It's actually a QUAD-CHORO-FLANGE! And you have two of them? Here's a quick example. Lush much?

(Preset also attached.)

Looking forward, I think I will be finding some incredible effects by setting the times and modulation rates in relationship to each other using golden ratios, whole-number ratios, prime numbers, tempo values, and more.

I'm also thrilled to be using just one block to recreate my trust Ibanez BC-9, which was simply a 2-voice chorus with separate rate and depth on the left and the right. That unit has some very cool sounds.
I think it would even be possible to emulate something like this with it:

Even though I would love a more versatile rotary block

Back
Top Bottom