Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 1.13 Beta

Added MIDI support for 3rd-party devices to set and/or get scene, channel, bypass, scene names and preset name via System Exclusive messages. See the Axe-Fx III MIDI for Third-Party Devices document for implementation details.

I notice that tuner isn't listed there in the release notes. Is that in the spec as well? If not, is the plan for it to be there eventually? I do love the tuner display on the Axe III but I also miss being able to see it on the floor (through my Liquid Foot). Same question for tap tempo rate.

I must be dense, I can't find the MIDI implementation document anywhere.

Also wondering if the MFC is on the list of "Third Party" midi controllers that will be able to get preset and scene names etc?

I must be dense, I can't find the MIDI implementation document anywhere.

Also wondering if the MFC is on the list of "third Partly" midi controllers that will be able to get preset and scene names etc?
The post said "available on request"... It's not included AND it's not intended for the general public.

The MFC is NOT a 3rd party controller... And as Fractal makes it, they wouldn't need to wait for a spec they created. They have stated multiple times that the MFC firmware will not be updated to support the Axe Fx III.

Again, maybe I am being dense, is the spec sheet that third party manufactures need different from the document named in the patch notes for the latest firmware?

This is the line I am referencing from the patch notes:

"Added MIDI support for 3rd-party devices to set and/or get scene, channel, bypass, scene names and preset name via System Exclusive messages. See the Axe-Fx III MIDI for Third-Party Devices document for implementation details."

I am aware they have stated multiple times that the MFC will not be fully compatible with the Axe Fx III, however this spec is not fully compatible and seems reasonable to ask the question: If they are going through the trouble for RJM and Liquid Foot, why not make their own foot controller brought up to at least this level of compatibility?

Again, maybe I am being dense, is the spec sheet that third party manufactures need different from the document named in the patch notes for the latest firmware?

"Added MIDI support for 3rd-party devices to set and/or get scene, channel, bypass, scene names and preset name via System Exclusive messages. See the Axe-Fx III MIDI for Third-Party Devices document for implementation details."

I am aware they have stated multiple times that the MFC will not be fully compatible with the Axe Fx III, however this spec is not fully compatible and seems reasonable to ask the question: If they are going through the trouble for RJM and Liquid Foot, why not make their own foot controller brought up to at least this level of compatibility?

Because it’s no longer a revenue generating item. Revenue determines priority for most companies.

I'm sure that doc is the same as needed to be requested...

They ARE making a foot controller that is fully compatible, called the FC-6 and FC-12 ;)

I don't think they "going thru the trouble"... Allowing others access to the spec allows for whom the FCs aren't the best choice to use something else.

Four fully independent chorus voices, each with its own LFO and fully parametric control of time, level, pan, and tone, plus two global LFOs? It's a more versatile and powerful unit than a Tri-Chorus or the previous Fractal Audio "Quad Chorus", and in my quick experiments, easy to dial in so it sounds GREAT. Did I mention Feedback? It's actually a QUAD-CHORO-FLANGE! And you have two of them? Here's a quick example. Lush much?

(Preset also attached.)

Looking forward, I think I will be finding some incredible effects by setting the times and modulation rates in relationship to each other using golden ratios, whole-number ratios, prime numbers, tempo values, and more.

I'm also thrilled to be using just one block to recreate my trust Ibanez BC-9, which was simply a 2-voice chorus with separate rate and depth on the left and the right. That unit has some very cool sounds.
Amazing!!!!! This is the chorus sound that I was looking for a long time!
Any chance to have it ported to the AX8??

I'm also thrilled to be using just one block to recreate my trust Ibanez BC-9, which was simply a 2-voice chorus with separate rate and depth on the left and the right. That unit has some very cool sounds.

Ahhhh cool...the BC-9 was my standard, most used chorus pedal for many years. Once you tweaked the two voicings 'just right' it achieved a richer chorus effect that I liked more than the Boss CE-2, etc. Still have it downstairs in the Big-Bin-O'-Pedals...

Back
Top Bottom