Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 1.12

I think I'd download 1.12 again, and then re-try the process. Sounds like it went a bit sideways.

Late to the party, but I’ll add my thanks, too! Go get on that boat and enjoy yourself.

Spring reverb sounds much improved IMO. I previously found it was a bit over the top and had to dial the time and mix way down, to next to nothing. Now I'm able to run the time at the default 2.5ms and actually want to increase it along with the mix. Setting the time to about 2.5ms, mix to about 20%, and increasing the spring tone a little gives an ideal classic combo amp style tank drip. Not over the top surfy sounds, and doens't really get in the way of normal chords, but give the strings a little percussive thwap, or play some palm mutes on the bass strings there is that distinct "spoink" sound that I love from spring reverb.

I've just been sitting on the stock Band Commander preset after the update, changed the reverb to med. spring, and am simply loving the tone of my strat in the neck/middle pickup. Just that, amp, cab, reverb. Perfection

We are getting so many tools to control and manipulate this thing that is awesome! One thing I miss from the II is the clipping LEDs on the front of the unit. Any way to make the little tuner triangles turn red when clipping? Also the tap tempo led drives me crazy, can there be a zero setting? I suppose this should go to the wish list but I'm here typing. Sorry

I gigged 1.12 tonight. I quickly added the Spring reverb to a Scene during a song. Holy. Moly. It was SO amazing. My gig partner was like woahhh what is that?! Medium Spring, default settings, just increased mix. Done.

Can’t wait to try this!

I gigged 1.12 tonight. I quickly added the Spring reverb to a Scene during a song. Holy. Moly. It was SO amazing. My gig partner was like woahhh what is that?! Medium Spring, default settings, just increased mix. Done.

Did you previously find the spring was over-powering at even default mix level? I used to turn it down to like 3% mix and even asked Cliff if there was some sort of bug.

Now just like yourself I’m actually turning the mix up even higher, 25% or more and it still sounds fantastic to me, spot on authentic

I was previously told everything was working correctly, but sure seems better now.

I'm really loving the spring reverb. It sounds so much better;) I love it. Its sits so well with your instrument...also the high cut freq is great for tweaking the high end... I can def see multi delay being one of my favorites. the new algorithm sounds stellar

Last edited:
We have that now. If you see a red LED on the output meters, you're clipping.
If I'm on the output block and the meters are hitting the top but on the front of the unit its not hitting the top LEDS am I clipping?

Did you previously find the spring was over-powering at even default mix level? I used to turn it down to like 3% mix and even asked Cliff if there was some sort of bug.

Now just like yourself I’m actually turning the mix up even higher, 25% or more and it still sounds fantastic to me, spot on authentic

I was previously told everything was working correctly, but sure seems better now.
Hmm maybe? I think it came up at 10% mix default and I just increased it to taste. Maybe I ended up in the 20 something range.

I do know that my Delays have to be set super low for the mix. I have one at 5% mix and it’s pretty prominent. Not sure why.

If I'm on the output block and the meters are hitting the top but on the front of the unit its not hitting the top LEDS am I clipping?
No. That top red LED starts to light up when the output is within 1 dB of clipping. So if it doesn’t light at all, you know you’re not clipping the output.

I'm getting a 'ticking' noise when turning the Flanger block 'on' and 'off'? Manually and via Scenes.

I've noticed this on the other platforms too, but haven't mentioned it yet.

We need a 'Bug' sub-forum for the '3'

I'm seeing presets are saving the last scene saved as the start scene again even tho its set to scene 1 in global. Anyone else have this? It was standard procedure with the AFX II and Faslink to disconnect the MFC when doing firmware updates, I haven't seen mention of that with the III and midi pedals in general. Does this stand true with midi controllers?

The amount of reports that aren’t bugs outweighs the real bug reports. Having a bug forum entices people to report anything as a bug making it harder to find the real ones.
While I am sure that this is the case, It still makes more sense to me to have all of the "Bug" reports, real or not, in one place as opposed to scattered all over the place??:confused: There is a "Bug" sub forum for the other platforms (except the FX8?) ;)

Back
Top Bottom