Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 1.09 Public Beta

I’ve noticed sometimes that cabs just show as “empty” in Axe Edit but then if you go to another preset and then back to the original the cab shows up again. Plus you can clearly hear that the cab is loaded.

Odd.

The new noise gate in the Input block is killer. I recommend starting with default settings (reset the block) and then adjust the threshold to obtain the desired results.

I just tried it out with a vintage Stratocaster and immediately noticed the difference. Really nice. Thanks!

Haha, I thought that no one would recognize the “I’m from Barcelona” reference so I left it out. :)

Any idea when FW 1.09 is no longer Beta? I’d love to use it for upcoming gigs. Thanks.
If there are no major bugs found and it is stable I will use the beta versions for gigs. It is always smart to bring a backup though.

The "Save to new preset" feature just added on the new Axe-Edit release has made things a lot easier for me. I've finally been able to really get to building my gigging presets on the III. Between that and the Template feature things are really coming together now. Thank you guys for your continuing efforts in pushing forward.

Not sure if this is where I should post this but I tried doing my first LogicX session with the III using Axe Edit and 1.09 public beta. The only way I could get Axe Edit to see the III was to quit LogicX, and then reopen Axe Edit. But as soon as I brought LogicX back up everything in Axe Edit would freeze, no control over knobs or presets or anything. I was still able to record, I just couldn't adjust any parameters prior to recording. I just had to go with the preset sound the way it is. Let me know if I should put this post in another thread. thx!

Not sure if this is where I should post this but I tried doing my first LogicX session with the III using Axe Edit and 1.09 public beta. The only way I could get Axe Edit to see the III was to quit LogicX, and then reopen Axe Edit. But as soon as I brought LogicX back up everything in Axe Edit would freeze, no control over knobs or presets or anything. I was still able to record, I just couldn't adjust any parameters prior to recording. I just had to go with the preset sound the way it is. Let me know if I should put this post in another thread. thx!
usually specific questions are best as their own thread.

usually specific questions are best as their own thread.

Thanks Chris, I can do that. Just not sure if it's related to the beta Axe Edit and 1.09, or.... It's not really a question, more of a bug. It straight up locks up when running simultaneously w LogicX. Where would you like me to post?

Force yourself to create one simple preset from the front panel. I really loved Axe Edit with the II but I find I am using the front panel as much as Axe Edit and I don't need my computer.

It's a vast improvement!

The on unit UI on the Helix is one of the best with its capacitance foot switches and ease of use and I STILL prefer to use the computer editor on that.

With the Axe Fx III there are a ton of deep parameters. That just doesn't lend its self to ease of use no matter how improved the UI is. And it is a vast improvement. But Fractal really hit it out of the part with Axe Edit III. Its far superior to the on unit UI even as a beta.

And besides, I was a keyboardist in the 80's. I have done my time with on unit UI's. Never again! LOL

The on unit UI on the Helix is one of the best with its capacitance foot switches and ease of use and I STILL prefer to use the computer editor on that.

With the Axe Fx III there are a ton of deep parameters. That just doesn't lend its self to ease of use no matter how improved the UI is. And it is a vast improvement. But Fractal really hit it out of the part with Axe Edit III. Its far superior to the on unit UI even as a beta.

And besides, I was a keyboardist in the 80's. I have done my time with on unit UI's. Never again! LOL
What's an "on" unit UI??

Back
Top Bottom