Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 1.09 Public Beta

For those of us who are NOT Axe Fx III wizards for the new boost to work, you have to turn the Input Boost on the Basic page first and then go to the Preamp page where the new Input Boost parameter now lives.

As someone who is relearning the Fractal System, this took me quite a bit of time to figure out. Perhaps a quick write up on how to actually use these updated parameters would be useful. Or maybe putting the Input Boost right next to the switch that controls it would make it more intuitive?
Thanks for that Chris ! I missed it too. And I just did a new Axe-Fx III video, wish I knew this before I recorded it. I searched for this parameter in AE but missed it, but sometimes I also search for my glasses while they're on my nose...

Thanks for that Chris ! I missed it too. And I just did a new Axe-Fx III video, wish I knew this before I recorded it. I searched for this parameter in AE but missed it, but sometimes I also search for my glasses while they're on my nose...

Damn.

I learned on your presets way back when but will line up for future III presets. Interesting to see the amp block input eq in use. I haven’t utilized it at all yet but will experiment.

They are together on the hardware. They might be moved together in future versions of Edit - it’s still a beta version.

I made a video showing exactly that and other major changes in 1.09: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-public-beta-major-new-features-demod.139310/

Your video is a master class on the Axe Fx III. Thank you!

That's why I didn't hear a difference when I tried this new feature!

Same result I had at first. Please Fractal in the release notes add a quick phrase " You must turn the input gain on to use this feature."

Well if the master missed it I feel pretty proud of finding this! I guess all that beta testing I do is paying off.

I bet pretty much everyone missed it the first time round..I know I did...

Well, that's why I like to help! It's a great feature!

Same here !

My disconnect was because the switch is on one page and the parameters are on another in Axe Edit III. I never use the UI if I don't have to so I never even looked for it there (to be fair I don't use the on unit UI on any modeler if they have a computer editor). I bet they will fix this in a future release now that they know it flummoxed us.

My disconnect was because the switch is on one page and the parameters are on another in Axe Edit III. I never use the UI if I don't have to so I never even looked for it there (to be fair I don't use the on unit UI on any modeler if they have a computer editor). I bet they will fix this in a future release now that they know it flummoxed us.
Force yourself to create one simple preset from the front panel. I really loved Axe Edit with the II but I find I am using the front panel as much as Axe Edit and I don't need my computer.

It's a vast improvement!

1.09 allowed some major preset spring cleaning. Most drives replaced with the new input boost, multiplexers removed with the improved channel/modifier behavior.

The new looper button behavior is consistent and efficient. Thanks @chris for explaining it so well in your video!

Major improvements, and very well coordinated with the Axe-Edit update too! Many thanks to the FAS team!

I believe I've found a small bug. Anytime I change the preset tempo and save the preset, it freezes the AxeFx unit. Happens from either axe-edit or from the front panel without axe-edit. This seems to only happen on presets with global blocks linked.

Edit: Unlinked the global blocks and it still happens. Will investigate further.

Edit 2: The Rotary Block is causing it. Removing it from the preset resolved.

Thanks for posting this. I could not duplicate this but I am reporting anyway in case this can be tracked down.

Thanks for posting this. I could not duplicate this but I am reporting anyway in case this can be tracked down.

I was able to add the rotary back in and save a few presets with the tempo changed, but after a few times it eventually froze up again.

Can you please attach a preset that makes it freeze?

Sure thing. I've attached one of the templates I use. If it matters, the Cab is ML USA Djent Misha Mix 4. I didn't report it as a bug in a thread because after some more investigating I was leaning towards it being an issue for me only.

I was able to reproduce it every time consistently using the attached template. Change tempo>Save>Frozen. Remove Rotary>Change Tempo>Save>Success. Add Rotary>Change tempo>Save>Frozen.

I've since gone through all my presets and removed the Rotary Block. After removing every instance of the Rotary on all presets(I don't have any factory presets loaded in), I am now able to add it back in to each preset and change the tempo and save without issues.

Attachments

• Refuge Main.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 4
Sure thing. I've attached one of the templates I use. If it matters, the Cab is ML USA Djent Misha Mix 4. I didn't report it as a bug in a thread because after some more investigating I was leaning towards it being an issue for me only.

I was able to reproduce it every time consistently using the attached template. Change tempo>Save>Frozen. Remove Rotary>Change Tempo>Save>Success. Add Rotary>Change tempo>Save>Frozen.

I've since gone through all my presets and removed the Rotary Block. After removing every instance of the Rotary on all presets(I don't have any factory presets loaded in), I am now able to add it back in to each preset and change the tempo and save without issues.
maybe i missed it - where are you changing tempo - hardware or edit? both same result?

maybe i missed it - where are you changing tempo - hardware or edit? both same result?

Both. Same result.

Just to reiterate, I've resolved it by removing every instance of Rotary on all presets. Now I am able to add the Rotary back, change tempo and save successfully. The template is working as well.

Last edited:
Thanks James.
I loaded your preset and tried to crash it by successive tempo changes from hardware and edit without success. So I guess this is resolved.

Anyone else missing the name on Factory 2 cab 163? I can hear the cab just no name. Maybe I have a rare unit? ;)

Attachments

• EMPTY CAB SLOT.jpg
    EMPTY CAB SLOT.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 20
Back
Top Bottom