Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 1.09 Public Beta #2

The boost feature in the amp block is a great, great idea. Lust for III intensifies.
That is something that really caugh my eye along with the EMI filtering on the Input Gate... hope someone makes a good demostration of that new feature.

That is something that really caugh my eye along with the EMI filtering on the Input Gate... hope someone makes a good demostration of that new feature.

The ability to tailor the boost characteristics is a huge plus! Specific amp models respond better or more ideally to specific drive/boost models.

I have zero qualifications for my answer, but I’m guessing this may be an upgrade made possible by the increased horsepower of the III, ...would love to be wrong.

I’m guessing as much as anyone, but, I think we may start to see some features exclusive to the III, not because they couldn’t be added to the older products due to cpu limitation, but just because they are a compelling additional reason buyers may favor upgrading to a III.

Tough balancing act making buyers of older hardware still feel supported, but you also don’t want people feeling upset they spent a ton of money on an upgrade if the II or AX8 continued to get all the cool features.

I probably wouldn’t personally say what is a business decision and what is hardware limited, and would just take the path they’ve done so far saying they will update older units as they can, with “some” features.

“Some” may become the new “soon” LOL

So now that I have upgraded from Axe II to III it would be lovely to do the same from my Ax8 to Ax8-III? One for studio and one for live! Still waiting on the FC-12 but after my gig this weekend I am tired of racks! I brought more gear than when I use to use tube amp gear. Too much stuff, crazy.

Ok, just got around to setting up global blocks.... not working.

Patch 01. I set channel A to a bogfish strato, set it to be global block 1. save.
Patch 02. I set channel A to a AC20, cleanish tone. Then set channel B to the Linked 1, and then channel A gets wiped out and becomes the Link.

On beta 2. What am i doing wrong.

Ok, just got around to setting up global blocks.... not working.

Patch 01. I set channel A to a bogfish strato, set it to be global block 1. save.
Patch 02. I set channel A to a AC20, cleanish tone. Then set channel B to the Linked 1, and then channel A gets wiped out and becomes the Link.

On beta 2. What am i doing wrong.
Global BLOCKS. the whole block.

you're trying to do "global channels."

Back
Top Bottom