Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 1.07

Noticed this since I got the Axe III (last 2 firmwares). thought it could have been the preset, but same thing here. If you toggle off the preset and come back it's reset. Happens 100% of the time if i boot up on a preset with the wah.
Is the modifier source set to Pedal? If so this is known. Change the source to External or clear it and it shouldn’t happen.

Is the modifier source set to Pedal? If so this is known. Change the source to External or clear it and it shouldn’t happen.

Yep that did it. The patches where i had it set to external were fine... just this stock preset i was having issue with. Thanks, that cleared that up.

Possible bug:

I have a patch with a WAH block (using Pedal 1 as a modifier). When I turn on the Axe with 1.07 and the pedal is all the way down (which bypasses the wah) I can hear a wah sound (like it is not bypassed). Moving the pedal back and forward still has the wah engaged when the pedal is not rocked.

If I switch presets and come back to this preset it works as normal - it seems to be an issue if the Axe is booted with this preset selected.

I had a similar thing. It was a factory preset that had a wah block in bypass mode. When I turned on the Axe & it started up on this preset, the wah was on. I have not done anything with any wah blocks on any preset as I have not yet hooked any pedals, midi or otherwise, to the Axe. I tried to manually bypass it from the front panel, non responsive. Tried to delete it, nothing. Tried to edit it, would not respond to any changes. The only way to clear it was to switch to another preset & back, then the wah was back to being bypassed as it was supposed to be & became editable. It only happened once so I didn't think much of it but it sounds like a similar problem. The preset's wah block becomes engaged & unresponsive to any changes.

I had a similar thing. It was a factory preset that had a wah block in bypass mode. When I turned on the Axe & it started up on this preset, the wah was on. I have not done anything with any wah blocks on any preset as I have not yet hooked any pedals, midi or otherwise, to the Axe. I tried to manually bypass it from the front panel, non responsive. Tried to delete it, nothing. Tried to edit it, would not respond to any changes. The only way to clear it was to switch to another preset & back, then the wah was back to being bypassed as it was supposed to be & became editable. It only happened once so I didn't think much of it but it sounds like a similar problem. The preset's wah block becomes engaged & unresponsive to any changes.

Noticed this since I got the Axe III (last 2 firmwares). thought it could have been the preset, but same thing here. If you toggle off the preset and come back it's reset. Happens 100% of the time if i boot up on a preset with the wah.

The II worked like this as well for me. I always had to rock the pedal to disengage the wah block after boot up. After that it was good to go. Saving the preset with the wah block off never made a difference. It was never an issue for me since I knew what to expect.

Back
Top Bottom