Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 1.04

dont mean to be a debbie downer, but since updating, i have experienced an inability to select blocks when trying to create a new preset , the rotary selector does not respond, and requires a restart to reset, and is recurring often... anyone else see this?

dont mean to be a debbie downer, but since updating, i have experienced an inability to select blocks when trying to create a new preset , the rotary selector does not respond, and requires a restart to reset, and is recurring often... anyone else see this?
haven't ever seen this behavior. you mention the rotary doesn't respond - do the NAV buttons or anything else?

haven't ever seen this behavior. you mention the rotary doesn't respond - do the NAV buttons or anything else?
All the nav buttons are functioning, only the rotary will not select/change a block, this started immediately after 1,04 install.

...since updating, i have experienced an inability to select blocks when trying to create a new preset , the rotary selector does not respond, and requires a restart to reset, and is recurring often... anyone else see this?
It's working normally for me. If this persists, contact support.

It's working normally for me. If this persists, contact support.

I will share this directly with FAS support as well...this anomaly seems to only occur in then AMP block when editing a new preset, whether the USB is connected or not to iMac. All part of the growing pains of a newborn unit , no matter how awesome, right...? ..(by the way this youtube link isn't public, just for us and support..;))

Mine is fine on 1.04, man I hope we dont go down the road of "flash didn't take, reflash it." road we had on the II.

I will share this directly with FAS support as well...this anomaly seems to only occur in then AMP block when editing a new preset, whether the USB is connected or not to iMac. All part of the growing pains of a newborn unit , no matter how awesome, right...? ..(by the way this youtube link isn't public, just for us and support..;))

Thanks for this video. It always helps to clear things up. Now that I see it, I actually did have something similar if not the same a while ago. Let me check my notes and we’ll look at getting it fixed.

@bradlake does this happen any time you make a preset? or is it only immediately after turning on the unit? can you share a little more detail as to when you experience this? is there any point where this doesn't happen, or is it always present?

Last edited:
Just got back from Opening Day as the Cubbies kicked some Marlin ass in their house (nice field, Jeter, now get your sh1t together in making the 0place run smoothly), and I had recieved a note from Mark( @Mark Day , I presume)in support suggesting I reload 1.04 so I shall give it a go.. @chris , the behavior is intermittent but only occurs when the AMP TYPE tab is open and changing amp types is being attempted on newly created presets, Thanks guys.

Last edited:
I’ve been making patches mostly from scratch and have yet to encounter this at all; any idea how to reproduce it reliably?

I’ve been making patches mostly from scratch and have yet to encounter this at all; any idea how to reproduce it reliably?
No , it is intermittent but as I earlier mentioned , only takes place when trying to change amps in the TYPE window with scratch presets. Hopefully it is just a FW load issue....

I can confirm this behavior.

Mac Pro: 10.13.3
Axe-Fx III: Ares Ver 1.04

Went to empty preset slot 400.
Created a preset (Input 1>Drive 1>Amp 1>Cab 1>Delay 1>Out 1)
Nav over to Amp block and hit Edit.
Encoder wheel will change the title for one value up or down from the current location.
Nav buttons will change the title for one push in any direction from the current location on the list.
Neither moves the cursor on the actual screen to show where you moved to on the list.

Edit: I have tried this numerous times now and only had the above issue the first time. I shut the unit down and retraced the above steps and everything worked as expected.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom