Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.07

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a tough time with the 19.07 update. Never had any of this happen before. Eventually got it to take, but took me 5 or 6 tries to get it to complete the update.
1. Downloaded latest firmware 19.07.
2. Extracted syx file.
3. With Axe Edit open (v 1.11.01), I switched to an empty preset.
4. From within Axe Edit, I opened Fractal Bot
5. Loaded syx file for 19.07
6. Began file transfer
7. At 99% (or maybe even 100%) I got pop ups cascading all with the same message. After about 25-30 of them had opened, I started clicking on them, when I did, they stopped propagating. Here is the print screen after I had closed about half of them:
View attachment 101450

8. Shut down Fractal Bot, shut down Axe Edit.
9. Opened Fractal Bot standalone.
10. Loaded 19.07 update file and clicked Begin.
11. The system got to about 46% and it produced a single pop up error and exited execution. Here is the print screen:
View attachment 101451

12. System was on, was connected, did not have any power interruptions (it has several layers of power back up).
13. Tried same thing again, this time it got to about 98% and gave same pop up message and exited.
14. Turned Axe FXIII off, waited 20 seconds or so, turned it back on. It came up properly with FW 19.06.
15. Closed Fractal Bot and reopened stand alone version.
16. Tried to run 19.07 again, this time letting it download latest copy.
17. Same message at about 84%.
18. Shut down Fractal Bot, shut down Axe FXIII, restarted computer.
19. After Windows restart, powered Axe FXIII on again. It came up properly with FW 19.06
20. Started Fractal Bot, instructed it to download latest firmware, then hit Begin to start update.
21. Update completed successfully and FW 19.07 seems to be running smoothly, but I had very limited time to test it.

System is Windows 10 Pro 64bit
32 GB DDR4 RAM
M.2 system drive with 70% free space
Intel® Core™ i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz (6 cores, 12 threads)
Asus X99 Sabertooth MB

No other programs were running at the time of these attempts, I had specifically closed all open programs before attempting these updates. Fractal Bot is version 3.0.13.

Hopefully, nobody else will run into this, but if you do, restart everything and start from scratch with Fractal Bot only is the best I can say if this does happen to you!
Same thing has happened to me before mate - exact same symptoms. Turned out I needed to update axe edit. Did that and rebooted and all was fine again

Had a tough time with the 19.07 update. Never had any of this happen before. Eventually got it to take, but took me 5 or 6 tries to get it to complete the update.
2. Extracted syx file.
6. Began file transfer
7. At 99% (or maybe even 100%) I got pop ups cascading all with the same message. After about 25-30 of them had opened, I started clicking on them, when I did, they stopped propagating. Here is the print screen after I had closed about half of them:
View attachment 101450

11. The system got to about 46% and it produced a single pop up error and exited execution. Here is the print screen:
View attachment 101451

12. System was on, was connected, did not have any power interruptions (it has several layers of power back up).
13. Tried same thing again, this time it got to about 98% and gave same pop up message and exited.
14. Turned Axe FXIII off, waited 20 seconds or so, turned it back on. It came up properly with FW 19.06.
19. After Windows restart, powered Axe FXIII on again. It came up properly with FW 19.06
20. Started Fractal Bot, instructed it to download latest firmware, then hit Begin to start update.
21. Update completed successfully and FW 19.07 seems to be running smoothly, but I had very limited time to test it.

32 GB DDR4 RAM
Asus X99 Sabertooth MB

No other programs were running at the time of these attempts, I had specifically closed all open programs before attempting these updates. Fractal Bot is version 3.0.13.

Hopefully, nobody else will run into this, but if you do, restart everything and start from scratch with Fractal Bot only is the best I can say if this does happen to you!
Had nearly the same thing happening some time ago. Finally the USB cable which must have become faulty turned out to be the cause.

Is it expected behaviour that when I scroll between compressors types some values stick even if parameters were not changed?
For example if I choose "Analog Compressor" (from a resetted block so changing from "Studio FF Compressor 1") attack time will be 2.000 ms.
Switching to "Dynamicomp" changes value to 3.600 ms.
Switching back to "Analog Compressor" value is now 0.360 ms.

Is it expected behaviour that when I scroll between compressors types some values stick even if parameters were not changed?
For example if I choose "Analog Compressor" (from a resetted block so changing from "Studio FF Compressor 1") attack time will be 2.000 ms.
Switching to "Dynamicomp" changes value to 3.600 ms.
Switching back to "Analog Compressor" value is now 0.360 ms.
I guess so, probably the analog comp has no default value since it replicates a comp that has an attack knob, so you can set it anywhere to your liking. The dynacomp otoh has no attack knob in real world, so the default value represents what it's set to in the circuit.

2. Extracted syx file.
6. Began file transfer
View attachment 101450

View attachment 101451

32 GB DDR4 RAM
Asus X99 Sabertooth MB

I always thought you werent supposed to have AxeEdit open when doing updates with Fractal Bot.

I'm having an issue with scene revert that I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing (or maybe to confirm I am having a senior moment lol). I use midi mapping for scene switching via midi controller (pc0=prst1/scn1, pc1=prst1/scn2, pc2=prst1/scn3, pc3=prst1/scn4 ... pc127=prst32/scn4), and I have scene revert turned ON so that when changes occur in a given preset/scene, the scene returns to original state if I go to another scene within the preset and return all via midi controller generated preset change (mapped to scene change via midi mapping above). This no longer seems to be working for me (scene changes not reverting on parameter change (block state seems ok)). Anyone else? (I'm not attaching a preset as this involves a midi mapping setup - Ax3Mk1, fw19.07 with MFC-101mk1 controller in AxfxMode=None mode - other related global parms: Program Change=ON, Ignore Redundant PC=0N, Send Midi PC = OFF, PC Mapping=ON). Turning off Ignore Redundant PC is a work around solution but as per the manual re using Ignore Red PC with PC mapping: "With this setting “ON”, redundant PC messages are ignored. When PC mapping is used, if the current Scene has changed, the preset will not reload but the Scene will still revert to that set in the map." so, Ignore Redundant PC should be able to stay on. Also, I am not using scene ignore anywhere, and have tested without AE running.

I did a "set it up and forget it" on these settings some time ago some maybe there is something I've forgotten, or tweaked in error, but at this point, I'm at a loss so want to rule out fw change as a possibility.

Edit: Could be I misread the manual excerpt above and it just means that, with PC Mapping ON/in use and Ignore Redundant PC ON, a preset will not be reloaded if = to the current preset, but the scene will change as per the mapping (not necessarily "revert" as per expected if scene revert = ON). Regardless, with Scene Revert ON, I expect that, when using PC Mapping and Ignore Redundant PC = ON, scene changes should revert when scenes change back and forth with midi initiated PC changes that change scenes via PC Mapping within the same preset - pretty sure it was working this way prior to FW 19.06 or .07 but whenever I review these few parms, some confusion tends to set in.

Last edited:
You can access FractalBot from the Tools menu in AxeEdit. Maybe if you open the two apps separately, they can conflict, but opening Bot from Edit obviously isn’t an issue.
This was correct for my problems some times ago, I now also only use Axe edit to access Fractal-Bot, and never had a problem since.

I'm having an issue with scene revert that I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing (or maybe to confirm I am having a senior moment lol). I use midi mapping for scene switching via midi controller (pc0=prst1/scn1, pc1=prst1/scn2, pc2=prst1/scn3, pc3=prst1/scn4 ... pc127=prst32/scn4), and I have scene revert turned ON so that when changes occur in a given preset/scene, the scene returns to original state if I go to another scene within the preset and return all via midi controller generated preset change (mapped to scene change via midi mapping above). This no longer seems to be working for me (scene changes not reverting). Anyone else? (I'm not attaching a preset as this involves a midi mapping setup - Ax3Mk1, fw19.07 with MFC-101mk1 controller in AxfxMode=None mode - other related global parms: Program Change=ON, Ignore Redundant PC=0N, Send Midi PC = OFF, PC Mapping=ON). Turning off Ignore Redundant PC is a work around solution but as per the manual re using Ignore Red PC with PC mapping: "With this setting “ON”, redundant PC messages are ignored. When PC mapping is used, if the current Scene has changed, the preset will not reload but the Scene will still revert to that set in the map." so, Ignore Redundant PC should be able to stay on. Also, I am not using scene ignore anywhere, and have tested without AE running.

I did a "set it up and forget it" on these settings some time ago some maybe there is something I've forgotten, or tweaked in error, but at this point, I'm at a loss so want to rule out fw change as a possibility.
Hmmmm, I wonder if this is related to what I am experiencing. I am going to post about it in a different thread once I gather a few more details. I know mine is not related to this FW or any other FW for that matter.

Most of the time I dont use different amps in channels because of that, I dont know if fractal can do something
There is a weird noise going to scene 2 to 1 everytime arghhh . the test preset is in 19.07

Attachments

• test.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 3
Most of the time I dont use different amps in channels because of that, I dont know if fractal can do something
There is a weird noise going to scene 2 to 1 everytime arghhh . the test preset is in 19.07
Not sure if you’re referring to scene revert, but if so, that’s a reason I haven’t set up custom layouts to change amp channels because scene revert never worked properly for this in my experiences. It would always keep the current amp on some scenes and do some strange behavior where it reverts everything but the amp, so I kinda stopped trying it out. It’s been a minute since trying it again; not sure if that behavior still exists. The last time I attempted was probably when 16.04 came out.

Not sure if you’re referring to scene revert, but if so, that’s a reason I haven’t set up custom layouts to change amp channels because scene revert never worked properly for this in my experiences. It would always keep the current amp on some scenes and do some strange behavior where it reverts everything but the amp, so I kinda stopped trying it out. It’s been a minute since trying it again; not sure if that behavior still exists. The last time I attempted was probably when 16.04 came out.
Yes it is … all the presets I play are with the same amp because of this, but it’s very limiting in a machine with tons of amps. A gap is already boring, but that noise 😕.

Axe 4?

Why don't you try it and see if it works. If it doesn't work post a preset and details on how to recreate the problem and we'll take a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom