Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.06

Awesome update!

What I have noticed is that now when I change a preset, unit's screen blinks for a half of a second instead of seamless switching.
It was not like that with 19.06 beta as I remember.

seems a little brighter / smoother but not a big difference to my ear during my few minutes today on a JP2C preset.

Awesome update!

What I have noticed is that now when I change a preset, unit's screen blinks for a half of a second instead of seamless switching.
It was not like that with 19.06 beta as I remember.
I am seeing the same thing with preset change (e.g. using the FC-12 to incr or decr the patch)

At the risk of being asking a redundant question...how does it sound compared to 19.05?

19.05 has sounded spectacular at the last 2 jams I attended.

I mainly use the Dumble, Wrecker, Fender amp models.

Burgs Dumbles, the Kid Charlemagne preset, and the odd SRV preset are the ones I have tweaked to suit my setup.

Apart from bug fixes is there a reason to move to .06?

I ONLY USE PRESETS, NO SCENES, AND HAVE NO USE FOR SET LISTS.

Your thoughts please.

Cab manager bug bummer. Tried rearranging some IR's, deleting old ones and adding some new ones. Now everything is all messed up. Looked ok at first, everything saved. But when I close cab manager and view cabs thru cab block, the new ones aren't there. Only my older ones. The deleted ones stayed deleted there. Reloading my backup file now, man is it s l o w.

Apparently the backup file loaded successfully, the cabs sound correctly but the names read as "empty". Has to be an Axe Edit glitch as the cab names read properly via front panel. Axe Edit version 1.11.01

Anybody have the previous version I can use?

Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 7.25.10 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-04-14 at 7.24.58 PM.png

Last edited:
Cab manager bug bummer. Tried rearranging some IR's, deleting old ones and adding some new ones. Now everything is all messed up. Looked ok at first, everything saved. But when I close cab manager and view cabs thru cab block, the new ones aren't there. Only my older ones. The deleted ones stayed deleted there. Reloading my backup file now, man is it s l o w.

Apparently the backup file loaded successfully, the cabs sound correctly but the names read as "empty". Has to be an Axe Edit glitch as the cab names read properly via front panel. Axe Edit version 1.11.01

Anybody have the previous version I can use?

View attachment 100028View attachment 100029
Refresh the cab list, the button on the upper-right corner in the cab manager (iirc)

just wrote a dual amp patch with the carol-ann od2 and porta-bass. sounds incredible on this firmware!! each model is a sweet complement to the other
gigged this tonight. couldn't be happier with how it sounded after some low cut tweaks on the od-2. it's a great confidence booster to know the models are that much closer now to the real world counterparts, likewise that we have tools to tweak them in ways that would never be possible on the hardware

Everything in "Manage Setlists & Songs" (Axe-Edit) appears to be correct now, however both FC Edit and my FC-6 still show 9-character Section and Setlist names. I am on an M1 Mac using Axe-Edit 1.11.01, and yes, I did do a Refresh just to make sure. Using a Mk I Axe-Fx III running 19.06 and a Mk I FC-6 running 1.11. I also edited the SSS layout to show Setlist info on footswitch 6, just for testing purposes.

The first two images are from "Manage Setlists & Songs". The third image is from FC Edit, and my FC-6 looks the same.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 8.26.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 8.26.47 PM.png
    119.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 8.39.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 8.39.35 PM.png
    74.9 KB · Views: 15
  • Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 8.26.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 8.26.18 PM.png
    64.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Dang it! Can't wait to try the new amp updates, but I've got everything dialed in for Easter Sunday so it will have to wait until Monday. :cry:

I tried installing this update and most of my presets had static almost like there was clipping in the signal chain, so I reverted back to the previous version and the static went away.

Update: I reinstalled version 19.06 again and the problem went away.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom