Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.06 Public Beta

This is great. It's gonna take me a while to work out what layout is going to suit me best.. too many choices..

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/19p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_19p06_beta1.zip

NOTE: Starting with firmware 19.06, Axe-Edit III 1.11.00 (or greater) is required to communicate with the Axe-Fx III.
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-00-to-support-fw-19-06-public-beta-1.182924/

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Added new Setlists/Songs feature, which can be used with an FC Controller to access presets and scenes in custom order during live performance. A new Setup menu area provides full access from the front panel, with a corresponding new area of Axe-Edit which offering import/export and more. For additional details, please see the Setlists & Songs Mini-Manual, located at: https://www.fractalaudio.com/sss-manual

Fixed Parametric EQ and Megatap blocks can cause GUI hang if modifier attached to parameter and update rate is set to FAST.

Fixed crash in Plex block for certain types if Master Time is set to zero.

Fixed Amp block output transformer turns ratio being incorrectly calculated.

Fixed IR Player block displayed IR number off by one after preset recall.

Fixed Stand-in switches will now work correctly when assigned to a footswitch configured as a Per-Preset: Placeholder.
This is a great update but a shame only usable if yo have a FC! Shame no midi command options.

I can't reproduce this using factory preset 0334 Solar Eclipses
The preset works fine across all scenes. I also loaded the neighboring presets before and after.
This sounds like the same thing I and others have experienced on the FM9 and FM3. I was using a self-created preset. The one commonality I've noticed is that it seems to happen just after updating but others can correct me if I'm wrong. There are threads in both sub-forums about it.

I guess having 6 sections is based on a FC6 having 6 buttons but I could imagine it would be limiting if you play in a prog rock band where you might actually need more sections than that, especially if you were previously utilizing all 8 scenes. There's also the few users who have extremely complex needs because they play in some theater pit etc.
Can't you just switch to the Scenes layout if you need accesss to all 8 scenes? Then switch back to the the SS layout at end of song.

It's not a minority of us that play to a click and if the song tempo needs to be accurate from the beginning there's not enough time to tap it in.
When you guys play to a click, do you all use the same master clock? The reason I ask is that I recently recorded a song in Logic using the same tempo listed in the preset that I was using. Within 15 seconds there was drift. I think the preset used 135 BPM, and I finally got them to work together with Logic at 135.15 BPM.

When you guys play to a click, do you all use the same master clock? The reason I ask is that I recently recorded a song in Logic using the same tempo listed in the preset that I was using. Within 15 seconds there was drift. I think the preset used 135 BPM, and I finally got them to work together with Logic at 135.15 BPM.
That sounds like a conversation for another thread, or for support.

Sounds to me like the set list feature could benefit from "use sections" vs "don't use sections" per song functionality. Because this functionality has not been available on the unit, many people have built their presets maybe around preset = song, scenes = sections workflows.

I'll second that. I built my songs around one presets with scenes, so Song Sections are useless to me. Being able to choose from "no sections -> longer setlist" and "sections -> 32 song per setlist limit" would be great, and should please everyone.

You are missing the point. And please take no offense. I'm in multiple bands, I'd like to keep multiple set lists (a couple per band). I don't think the idea of setlists being long enough to accommodate a nights work is a radical idea. The idea of breaking my set lists into groups of six seems like unnecessary work. Clearly, I'm not in the target group. But thanks for the idea. :)

The point is: how can you remember more than a hundred songs? That really amazes me, I have trouble remembering 30 :)

I’m liking this so far. One thing that would be really cool would be to set a tempo for each song that would override the default tempo of a preset. I usually only use a handful of presets but it’d be cool to have the tempo linked to the song.

The point is: how can you remember more than a hundred songs? That really amazes me, I have trouble remembering 30 :)
If some makes a request and you have to shuffle off of your set list and it's got 150 songs, how long would that take? Reminds me of a lead vocalist using a teleprompter and doesn't do request , even songs he plays, as he cant shuffle his teleprompter easily enough. Maybe it's a house gig.

If some makes a request and you have to shuffle off of your set list and it's got 150 songs, how long would that take? Reminds me of a lead vocalist using a teleprompter and doesn't do request , even songs he plays, as he cant shuffle his teleprompter easily enough. Maybe it's a house gig.

I guess I would select the preset using the front panel.

Back
Top Bottom