Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.06 Public Beta

I think, I will stick to my SetListMaker workflow, but I do like the thought of the new setlist workflow. I agree, it would be a great addition, if it becomes possible to store the tempo with each song.

I've heard no bugs so far? I just updated almost all my basic amp sounds (global blocks) and I am happy, but if there is a bug fix that affects the amp sound, I would rather update sooner than later.

I noticed that a few songs load the wrong scene when recalled via FC-6. I have set up my Axe-FX III to always load Scene #1 as default, but some presets load Scene #2 or Scene #3 even though the Scene song parameter is set to "Default Scene".
Thanks for this report. We're looking into it.

I know the turns ratio thick are supposed to give the amps more girth, but I must say, I feel like some of the mid-gain amps (Plexi 50W 6CA7 and Class A30 TB) have become girthy to the point of sounding dark and muffled. I am having difficulty getting them to cut like before.

Edit: I started from scratch on the saved amp blocks. It is back to good now.

Last edited:
All I ask(ed) for is the ability to place 45-50 or so songs per single list and have enough lists that I'm not revising them weekly or having to back them up to my PC.
When I was doing cover bands, our set lists tended to break down into predictable groups of songs which got moved around depending on the venue/audience. It isn’tperfect, but if your situation is similar, you could use the “songs” as frequently used song groups, presets as songs, and scenes as parts. Maybe not a great idea…but a possible alternative?

Appreciate the thought. A workaround isn't what I'm looking for. This should have been simple - the possible alternatives all require more time. equipment, money and / or effort than continuing to reorder presets. And memory (which wasn't an issue when this subject was broached years ago) apparently now limits the ability to modify the system such that it would be a usable feature.
I'm probably missing something here (usually the case), but if I read correctly, you use 45-50 presets per night. Six sections is not good to use for one song, because you're using up to 8 scenes per song.

Why not use each section for one "real" song, so you'd have 6 "real" songs per song? You could put 8-9 songs in each setlist, which would actually be 48-56 "real" songs. I could set this up with my FC-6 and stand-in switches.

Appreciate the thought. A workaround isn't what I'm looking for. This should have been simple - the possible alternatives all require more time. equipment, money and / or effort than continuing to reorder presets. And memory (which wasn't an issue when this subject was broached years ago) apparently now limits the ability to modify the system such that it would be a usable feature.

Lots of 'shoulds'. It blows my mind, the sense of entitlement from some people here and TGP. Like others have said, there are workarounds.

I'm probably missing something here (usually the case), but if I read correctly, you use 45-50 presets per night. Six sections is not good to use for one song, because you're using up to 8 scenes per song.

Why not use each section for one "real" song, so you'd have 6 "real" songs per song? You could put 8-9 songs in each setlist, which would actually be 48-56 "real" songs. I could set this up with my FC-6 and stand-in switches.
You are missing the point. And please take no offense. I'm in multiple bands, I'd like to keep multiple set lists (a couple per band). I don't think the idea of setlists being long enough to accommodate a nights work is a radical idea. The idea of breaking my set lists into groups of six seems like unnecessary work. Clearly, I'm not in the target group. But thanks for the idea. :)

If I was playing hundreds of songs in multiple bands, diff set lists each night, Id probably sequence everything midi and automate all the changes. No way Id remember which buttons to press and when. Then Id quit music. I know like 20 cover songs all the way through. Ive never been a big fan of learning other peoples music, always focused on my own creations. I get a headache just thinking about learning 1 whole song to cover 😅

Its a unique use case for sure. But sounds to me like all that is needed is to creat the set lists, export them to the computer, then load up the ones needed before each show.

Its a unique use case for sure. But sounds to me like all that is needed is to creat the set lists, export them to the computer, then load up the ones needed before each show.
Wow. I never thought of myself as a "unique use case" - playing clubs and knowing hundreds of songs used to be the norm. However, I have updated my profile accordingly. :cool:

This should have been simple
You're a guitar player, not an embedded software engineer. Please refrain from telling others how easy their jobs are when you really don't have a complete understanding of how that work is done and what their constraints were to begin with.

The feature doesn't meet your needs. We get it. You've made that abundantly clear. No need to belabor that any more and, in the process, turn this into something that is no longer constructive.

It's been a long time since I played more than 1 or 2 sets a night. Usually between 40 and 60 minutes tops.

The most I ever played a night was five 45 minute sets a night (which was common), or four 60 minute sets a night. Even if the songs were only 3 minutes long each you wouldn't need more than 20 songs a set. So the setlist/songs feature as it is more than enough for me. I don't know if anyone has to play 5 sets a night nowadays or not.

I think you can export and import your setlist/songs so that would be a way to be able to have completely different setlist for different bands if you are playing in more than one band.

It's been a long time since I played more than 1 or 2 sets a night. Usually between 40 and 60 minutes tops.

The most I ever played a night was five 45 minute sets a night (which was common), or four 60 minute sets a night. Even if the songs were only 3 minutes long each you wouldn't need more than 20 songs a set. So the setlist/songs feature as it is more than enough for me. I don't know if anyone has to play 5 sets a night nowadays or not.

I think you can export and import your setlist/songs so that would be a way to be able to have completely different setlist for different bands if you are playing in more than one band.
The norm where I was playing was three one hour sets....but I guess we had it easy. ;) Things might be different where I am now. I guess I'll learn soon enough.

Depending on the songs, it worked out to 12-14 songs per set. We usually had a few extra songs in the last set...just in case. Most times, we didn't get in that entire long set and called audibles to cut to the 'finale'.

Reading through these comments, I used to think the drywall and painting business is/was tough dealing with the different type of personalities, but it has got to be much tougher dealing with some musicians. Thanks Fractal, most of us on here are very appreciative of what you do and what goes on behind the scenes.

Yes, but each "song" on the MFC was just a single preset.

If there's a band on earth who needs more than 128x6=768 sounds to get through a show, I'll pay them double to come and do my yardwork.
The one song = one preset methodology is what I've been using since my first Axe-Fx. The ability (and memory consumption) of having six presets * eight scenes available for each "song" is a powerful feature, but it's lost on me. Might work great for some, but it won't for me. The current implementation will indeed get me through a single show, but I'd been hoping to be able to store more than one show's worth of songs within the unit. I see from your later post that the memory available for this feature is limited. Having three lists of 42 songs would at least allow me to store three shows worth of lists, and use essentially the same amount of memory space. (I guess I could store two shows worth now by putting one show in Setlist 1 and 2 and another in Setlist 3 and 4.) Heck, I'd be willing to give up a bank of User IRs to be able to store several more shows worth of lists than that on the unit itself.

I don't mean to sound ungrateful for this new feature. It will at least eliminate the need for me to have duplicates of each of my gig presets. (One copy in my master collection and another copy in each setlist I create from that collection.) And being able to import and export lists will be convenient. It will be faster than creating the setlist manually using Manage Presets in Axe-Edit. It looks like the only way I'll be able to store more than two shows worth of setlists without the need to connect my computer to the unit before each show will be to wipe out one or more banks of factory presets and use that space for additional lists created with Manage Presets. But then that gets me right back to having to manage duplicate copies of each preset...the problem I was hoping this new feature would eliminate. I guess I'll still need to unpack my Axe-Fx and connect it to a computer between every show.

If you really only need the preset, not the scene, you can use 1 song to store 6 songs (each being a "section"). ..
That's workable until you need to want to change the order of the songs in that 6-preset cluster. Then it's back to the computer or front panel...something I was hoping to avoid.

Back
Top Bottom