Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.06 Public Beta

Yeah. I can do simple math. 128 songs is only 33% more than all the songs I play on the average weekend. 64-song lists * 4 might have actually been a benefit to me. But hey - only 4 years waiting. Maybe the Mark II version will be better.

Yeah. I can do simple math. 96 songs is less than all the songs I play on the average weekend. 64-song lists * 4 might have actually been a benefit to me. But hey - only 4 years waiting. Maybe the Mark II version will be better.
Your post said "45-50 songs" so I wasn't sure you got the multiples...

Did I miss something? My bands typically play 3 - 4 set shows with usually 45 - 50 songs on the list (put me in the "hard-working cover band" category). The set list feature only allows for 32 songs? And only 4 setlists? Please tell me I've misread the manual. @FractalAudio
Initially had a similar thought, but then saw mention of import and export in the mini manual. I haven’t tried anything out yet, but theoretically that would cover it.

Did I miss something? My bands typically play 3 - 4 set shows with usually 45 - 50 songs on the list (put me in the "hard-working cover band" category). The set list feature only allows for 32 songs? And only 4 setlists? Please tell me I've misread the manual. @FractalAudio
I'm in the same boat. I was hoping to put an entire show's worth of songs into a single "set" list. That way I could have four shows worth of "sets". In contrast, with the MFC-101 I could save 10 shows, with each show containing up to 100 songs.

I use a single preset per song, so unless I completely change my methodology and workflow, using individual scenes from different presets in a single song (Sections) won't be much help. Having either A: a lot more sets available, or B: a lot more songs per set, or C: both would be a big help.

That said, I appreciate what's in 19.06 firmware at this point, but would like to see the capacity expanded.

Thanks for clarifying...yea I guess since I only started using modelers when scenes/snapshots existed, I adopted the one preset per song. I'm always looking for ways to expand so I will have to sit on this. The axe fx really has very little noticeable preset gap in comparison to the other platforms so that would be something that would be a drawback this time if it existed on FM3/9. Not sure if they could even address that.
One preset/song works fine, and it’s what I’d have done, because it’s the digital equivalent of what we’d do with a pedalboard and amp. Almost all of us have been there.

Digital opens doors for us that we have to think about, how can we best use the new features. How can we use set lists if we’re not gigging? It’s not as easily seen, but messing with the Setlist manager and getting familiar with it certainly started my wheels turning.

Even a solo artist, such as someone working wedding gigs, could take advantage of the features, so dig in and see if it fits in an unexpected way.

Maybe you can combine several songs into one in the setlist ? Not all songs requires 6 sections, after all
That's one possibility but it's not very straightforward and could become a maintenance headache.
Initially had a similar thought, but then saw mention of import and export in the mini manual. I haven’t tried anything out yet, but theoretically that would cover it.
I've poked around and haven't yet found a way to import or export setlists either from the front panel or Axe-Edit.

Awesome! Can't wait to check this out!!!

I'm another one that could use more than 32 songs per set. We medley stuff together, so it's not uncommon for us to play parts of 50+ songs in one long set. I try to re-use the same presets as much as possible, but still would need to switch between them, i.e. Preset 1 / Preset 5 / Back to Preset 1 / Preset 8 / back to Preset 1 / etc...I could break the songs down into different sets I suppose but that would require some extra navigating.

But...awesome!!! Awesome!!!

One preset/song works fine, and it’s what I’d have done, because it’s the digital equivalent of what we’d do with a pedalboard and amp. Almost all of us have been there.

Digital opens doors for us that we have to think about, how can we best use the new features. How can we use set lists if we’re not gigging? It’s not as easily seen, but messing with the Setlist manager and getting familiar with it certainly started my wheels turning.

Even a solo artist, such as someone working wedding gigs, could take advantage of the features, so dig in and see if it fits in an unexpected way.
Well, for me one preset/gig works fine :tonguewink::)

[…]
I've poked around and haven't yet found a way to import or export setlists either from the front panel or Axe-Edit.
It's there. Look at the top-left down-arrow, next to "Setlists". "Export…" and "Export All…" along with "Import…" live there.

You'll never find an export or import from the front panel; Think about the scenario, the front panel is on a stand-alone device, and only the editor is actually on something that has a drive you can write to.

Looks all great - hoped to see a list of sections instead of a hardcoded set of 6, maybe something for the future to consider 👍 Me as a post metal/rock player, i have (most of the time) 10-15+ sections (8-15 minute songs)

Last edited:
I was hoping this feature would also bring improvements to preset organization as having 1024 presets in a large list is frankly crap. I thought it would be similar to how Line6 Helix implements Setlists which is basically just a folder of presets.

While Fractal's implementation is more granular and flexible for live, it's also not very useful for organizing presets for non-footswitch-in-order uses as the set list -> song -> sections format is too complex for that.

Could this be expanded to work with simpler organization for presets for those of us who don't need the feature for live but would like something better than a huge list of presets to work with? Basically set list aka named folder -> list of presets. I think that would also work for live use where maybe you want set lists and songs but not sections level granularity.

Thanks a lot for this feature!

Unfortunately I'm not home these days and couldn't test it yet, but I have a question: is it possible to bank up/down the songs, like done for presets? It would be nice to use FC-12 to show the songs and FC-6 the sections (and I desperately need a reason to buy a FC-12 to pair with my FC-6 😜)!

Back
Top Bottom