Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.06 Public Beta

is anyone hearing a difference/is this change perceptible?
I needed to back off the 80Hz slider on a JP2C preset I built on 19.05.

@rossipedia did a comparison between two FM9 firmwares, which demonstrated how the incorrect turns ratio made his preset sound a bit anemic. There are more variables at play in this comparison--namely, I'm not sure if CNFB had been implemented at all--but FW2.01b did sound thinner with the incorrect ratio vs his baseline.

FYI: Display issue after update. Using latest FBot, during the update to 19.06b, the progress bar stopped at 85.2%. I clicked begin and it started over and completed.
On reboot there appeared a thin red line at the lower 3rd of the screen very noticeable on the first 'white screen' during boot up and the line has remained thereafter on all of the display pages. Coincidentally, it wiped my system settings but I always do a back prior to update.

I'll send an email to support but thought I'd put here as well. Everything is functioning normally as far as I can tell. Just zapped the display some how.

Ok good, I get to share what a maroon I am/was. I get very fast reply from Mark at support. It was the screen protector. Yea, I'm one of those that just leaves it on bc I can! 🤦‍♂️

So Cliff needs to add that updates may zap your screen protector....

2963519_0.jpg

It may be psychology, but the chewiness is back for me. I can only assume this is related to the OT turns. The last FW felt weak and slightly muffled, and now it's chewy again. Yummy yummy.

heh, sorry about that! i just made the longer video public again, i think i'll just make a new video rather than trying to cut the livestream up.

lots of ways to use this new feature, wanna be more specific with it.
I need to go back and watch you explain things further. Messed with it and used Matt's layout just to see some examples, and while it a very cool feature, I am trying to figure out how I would use it in my workflow without it creating more work. I've never changed presets to get different sounds within a song, and have always used a new preset for the next song so this is a unique workflow I'm not used to. I guess folks like to pull sections/scenes from other presets per song. I may be overcomplicating it.

I need to go back and watch you explain things further. Messed with it and used Matt's layout just to see some examples, and while it a very cool feature, I am trying to figure out how I would use it in my workflow without it creating more work. I've never changed presets to get different sounds within a song, and have always used a new preset for the next song so this is a unique workflow I'm not used to. I guess folks like to pull sections/scenes from other presets per song. I may be overcomplicating it.
Not over complicating I think, that’s basically what it’s for. Some of use one or two presets all night, others use many more. The “many more” crowd could use this to their advantage to keep presets stored anywhere but organize and access them in an easier way.

It may not be very advantageous for a single preset used all night, but if we do need it, it’s there.

Not over complicating I think, that’s basically what it’s for. Some of use one or two presets all night, others use many more. The “many more” crowd could use this to their advantage to keep presets stored anywhere but organize and access them in an easier way.

It may not be very advantageous for a single preset used all night, but if we do need it, it’s there.
Thanks for clarifying...yea I guess since I only started using modelers when scenes/snapshots existed, I adopted the one preset per song. I'm always looking for ways to expand so I will have to sit on this. The axe fx really has very little noticeable preset gap in comparison to the other platforms so that would be something that would be a drawback this time if it existed on FM3/9. Not sure if they could even address that.

Even so, there is now a very easy answer answer for inquires to support asking, "How do I create a custom bank of my favorite presets that doesn't break when I install new versions of the factory sounds?"
Oh, I thought setlists were just for the FC controllers and I didn’t even look at it since I have a 3rd party controller. I should read the notes.

@Admin M@

Is this an FC exclusive feature or is it possible this can be implemented on a portion of the foot switches on the FM9? I have an FC-6, but that makes my mobile footprint start to really spread out. Just wondering! Thx.

@Admin M@

Is this an FC exclusive feature or is it possible this can be implemented on a portion of the foot switches on the FM9? I have an FC-6, but that makes my mobile footprint start to really spread out. Just wondering! Thx.
I'm pretty sure it was previously stated elsewhere that this will apply to FM9 and FM3.

No reason it can't... Just like any other switch behavior, you don't have to rely on a default layout.

Back
Top Bottom