Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.06 Public Beta

I would prefer to have 12 sections available rather than 6 as I believe it would accommodate I think most songs (with the 3 verse, 3 chorus, bridge, intro/outro) setups. I LOVE this new feature and will use it either way, just saying that I think for me, I would like to have more "sections" available per song! Thanks for the quick replies!!

+1. I would prefer to have 12 sections available per song instead of 6 also.

It would be nice to have 12 layouts available also.

Last edited:
How I see this is that it stands between Preset-per-Song and DAW project for MIDI automation.

So, if I want to play a set of 15 songs, I would create 15 different presets and I will manage it with every new firmware or if I have to change some core sound.
With MIDI I can create a project and run through scenes on one or even several presets, automate every parameter with external modifiers, basically can do anything, but it costs some time to fully prepare everything for it to work with no actions needed during rehearsals\gigs.

With Setlist function it is possible to create a set with scenes sequences from selected presets, bind +1\-1 scene on tap and +1\-1 song on hold, and with just two switches "simulate" MIDI switching for a whole set (of course this do not include External controllers assigned to, say, Reverb mix, that is controlled via CC).

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/19p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_19p06_beta1.zip

NOTE: Starting with firmware 19.06, Axe-Edit III 1.11.00 (or greater) is required to communicate with the Axe-Fx III.
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-00-to-support-fw-19-06-public-beta-1.182924/

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Added new Setlists/Songs feature, which can be used with an FC Controller to access presets and scenes in custom order during live performance. A new Setup menu area provides full access from the front panel, with a corresponding new area of Axe-Edit which offering import/export and more. For additional details, please see the Setlists & Songs Mini-Manual, located at: https://www.fractalaudio.com/sss-manual

Fixed Parametric EQ and Megatap blocks can cause GUI hang if modifier attached to parameter and update rate is set to FAST.

Fixed crash in Plex block for certain types if Master Time is set to zero.

Fixed Amp block output transformer turns ratio being incorrectly calculated.

Fixed IR Player block displayed IR number off by one after preset recall.

Fixed Stand-in switches will now work correctly when assigned to a footswitch configured as a Per-Preset: Placeholder.
Thanks for fixing the bug I reported!

This duplicates the "song" functionality of the old MFC controller and then kicks it into the stratosphere!! The idea of having 6 sections per song where each section can call up a different scene and/or preset is fricken genius. Been playing around with this briefly and it's very straightforward to get the basics down. This will free up some switches on my FC-12 to make things even more flexible! Thank you Cliff and everyone at FAS!

i did a livestream showing how to set things up and some ideas for using it. thanks to everyone who stopped by! had some great ideas from others :D

i'm going to unlist the video for now since an internet outage hit my entire street during the stream.... but i'll try to edit an excerpt together with the best parts.

such a cool feature, and really powerful for many uses.
lol yea I was wondering why it suddenly stopped and went to private. Thanks for doing the livestream

I use MIDI to accomplish this sort of behavior, HOWEVER, this seems like an excellent back up plan in case midi network goes down

Back
Top Bottom