Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.05

The Control Switch applies to the Bypass state.

If you use different channels on different scenes, the channel will change when you change scenes.

This is not the same behavior as Scene Ignore and does not allow the same things.
We don't need to argue the point. I understand what you're saying regarding channels and scene ignore. I was simply stating (again) if you want an effect to stay in it's current state (bypass or active) thru scene changes, you can do that with a control switch by assigning the CS per scene state. And you have the option to have the block on the same channel or different channels utilizing scenes. Nuff said

She didn’t say it hasn’t been implemented. She said it’s effect is primarily on the power amp, which matches Cliff’s statement in the thread you linked.

are we reading the same release notes differently?

Version 19.00 firmware represents the first use of the Chase Nonlinear Feedback (CNFB) technique for the solution of nonlinear ODEs. The power amp algorithm has been completely rewritten using the CNFB method.
CNFB? there hasn't been confirmation that anything other than power amp modeling will make use of it
The exact words you used were will make use of it, but in fact it's already implemented.

gotcha, trick of the light (or of possible interpretations). more precisely, "there hasn't been confirmation that any nonlinear parts of the signal chain will run CNFB, excepting power amp modeling which currently does."

Last edited:
on the topic of the firmware: my dual chieftain patch sounded crystal clear tonight after i loaded 19.05. can't wait to get it home this sunday and hear the factory presets with these power amp improvements 🤩

We read the description and draw the right conclusion about the possibility of implementing the method for a preamp, and not just a power amplifier.

Can simulate diodes, triodes, pentodes, etc. Far less error-prone than other methods (like K-method or DK-method, etc.) as you don't need to enter large matrices or tables.
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/the-cnfb-method.180088/

My boss said, read the documentation and you will be a competent engineer.

Last edited:
gotcha, trick of the light (or of possible interpretations). more precisely, "there hasn't been confirmation that any nonlinear parts of the signal chain will run CNFB, excepting power amp modeling which currently does."
Sorry if my post came off negatively! English is not my native language so I definitely interpreted your words as to-be implemented instead of how you've meant it :)

For some reason all my presets with a Wah Block was unable to see my FC 1 Pedal 1 connected either the FC12 or changing it to the expression external on the back of the unit. Once I deleted the block (did not try the reset first) and added it back in it was ok.

Anyone else?

For some reason all my presets with a Wah Block was unable to see my FC 1 Pedal 1 connected either the FC12 or changing it to the expression external on the back of the unit. Once I deleted the block (did not try the reset first) and added it back in it was ok.

Anyone else?
No, use the same config, changed presets several times and wha/pedal works fine. AF3 and FC12 Mk-I btw

Sorry if it's been asked: IIRC 19.04 "amps are smoother" - what parameters am I looking at to get the nasty grit back in certain presets? I have already tweaked negative feedback and xformer matching in previous FW's. Just want to keep my sludge preset as such ;).

Many thanks!

edit: voice coil resistance is one of them haha.

Back
Top Bottom