Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.05

With MIDI control (CC > Ext Ctrl > bypass modifier) you can also maintain bypass state through scene changes. If you don't send a new CC value the bypass state won't change.
Interesting. I use sysex for bypass so didn't realize behavior was different for CC/modifier.

This is not correct. The CS will maintain the bypass state. It doesn't maintain the channel. The channel will follow scene changes.
What I stated IS correct. You can set it, for example 1/2 step down tune and it will maintain through scene changes. But you are correct in that it won't do channels.

The idea is to be able to turn a block on on the fly with a footswitch, and have it stay on when you change scenes. The classic example is a song where you want the virtual capo on, but other than that it's your same preset. Turn it on before the song starts, and it'll stay on when you change scenes. You'd need to turn it off manually too at the end of the song.

EDIT: Another example is a preset where you choose an amp with footswitches. Turn scene ignore on on the amp block, then use scenes as effects presets that leave the amp block alone.
So I understand what it does and how it might be used, however, in your example, isn't it easier to duplicate your preset with the VC on so all you have to do is press one button to switch presets? I understand block ignore it provides another option for doing the same without using up a preset but it seems easier to do so. Perhaps there is another example of how the block ignore is used?

Perhaps there is another example of how the block ignore is used?
Works perfectly for any fx one wants to toggle on or off and have it stay that way through scene changes, until you either toggle it again, or exit the preset.

Good candidates are those single added fx tones that one may want on or off across multiple scene triggered core tones:
  • Pitch
  • Enhancer
  • Geq, Peq
  • Volume
  • Fx Loop

Last edited:
So I understand what it does and how it might be used, however, in your example, isn't it easier to duplicate your preset with the VC on so all you have to do is press one button to switch presets? I understand block ignore it provides another option for doing the same without using up a preset but it seems easier to do so. Perhaps there is another example of how the block ignore is used?
Here’s what I’m eyeing it for:

Goal: change between 4 different configurations of single or dual amps/cabs with one button for each, while keeping all effects “stomp box” style.

Method: use scenes to change the amps/cabs and put scene ignore on all effects.

About "scene ignore", we will then have to dedicate a switch button (FC6 or FC12), to change the channel, if we want to go to another channel, when it's active? Right..? But we can just change scenes to go back again.. Could be useful, but in the moment, I don't see how this would be helpful.

Here’s what I’m eyeing it for:

Goal: change between 4 different configurations of single or dual amps/cabs with one button for each, while keeping all effects “stomp box” style.

Method: use scenes to change the amps/cabs and put scene ignore on all effects.
That is a cool idea. I tend to like the same effects array. That would allow me to apply that to different amp combinations. Thanks!

About "scene ignore", we will then have to dedicate a switch button (FC6 or FC12), to change the channel, if we want to go to another channel, when it's active? Right..? But we can just change scenes to go back again.. Could be useful, but in the moment, I don't see how this would be helpful.
You can turn it on for all channels of a block and just switch that block's channel separately.

Or, you can leave it set to 'off' in some channels, and scenes will capture the block when switching to a scene with this set 'off' and switch as it normally would, until a scene where that block has this set 'on' is encountered again.

What I stated IS correct. You can set it, for example 1/2 step down tune and it will maintain through scene changes. But you are correct in that it won't do channels.
The Control Switch applies to the Bypass state.

If you use different channels on different scenes, the channel will change when you change scenes.

This is not the same behavior as Scene Ignore and does not allow the same things.

Hey, is work in progress on reworking the NBFM preamp and has it improved in sound? Waiting for a beta version soon?

Back
Top Bottom