Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.05

Gotcha. But groups would have made this easier. Especially if you wanted to change amp/cab during a song.

Edit: Scene ignore on a per-scene basis would have given us a group.

After playing with FW 19.05 I checked some of my presets and even started making some scratch by ear and when I was finished there was even less AMP parameters (almost nothing!) to tweak it to my likings. Just the normal amp stuff like bass, mid, treble, gain, master, and precence.

I did also noticed that the width is more pronounced in tone when you change stuff. (for example chorus).

I was happy with my FX2 MK1 and thought it was noce to have all those amps. But with 19.05 and my axe fx 3 mk2 turbo it sounds & feels extremely close to the real amps (and recordings) trough my monitors.

Some extra studiostuff like maximize and limiter and we can even get even more close to the recordings ;)

FAS: Thank you very much!!!!

I think the pitch block explanation (like using virtual capo for example) is one of the best. I've had to set up whole presets that are either 1/2 up or 1/2 down that I have to switch to at some point in the night - if I set my virtual capo channel to Scene Ignore On I can turn it on and my whole current preset will go into that 'tuning'. When I shut it off, back to normal. But I only had to set up a button or whatever I choose to control the on/off state of the pitch block and then not worry about if I jump to my lead channel and didn't have the VC on. And also not worry about changing presets. Not like it's a huge inconvenience, but one of the reasons why I got the FC12 was to cut down on a lot of 'tap dancing' and this feature aligns with that (for me anyway). :). Thanks for implementing it FAS!

Also just to clarify - I read this example earlier in the thread, so I was just regurgitating it.. :)

Last edited:
My, the reactions to the ignore switch are….passionate....big can of worms opened. 🤣

It's obviously very useful. Thanks Fractal!

I think the pitch block explanation (like using virtual capo for example) is one of the best. I've had to set up whole presets that are either 1/2 up or 1/2 down that I have to switch to at some point in the night - if I set my virtual capo channel to Scene Ignore On I can turn it on and my whole current preset will go into that 'tuning'. When I shut it off, back to normal. But I only had to set up a button or whatever I choose to control the on/off state of the pitch block and then not worry about if I jump to my lead channel and didn't have the VC on. And also not worry about changing presets. Not like it's a huge inconvenience, but one of the reasons why I got the FC12 was to cut down on a lot of 'tap dancing' and this feature aligns with that (for me anyway). :). Thanks for implementing it FAS!
That's a really good use case for Scene Ignore!

Fun fact: Say it fast and it sounds like "Señor"! ;-]

Scene Ignore is a Block function, per channel, not a scene function.

Let's use the Amp block as an example. Channel 'A' has Scene Ignore ON, Channels 'B', 'C' and 'D' are OFF:
  • When selecting Channel 'A', every scene from that point on will use Channel 'A' regardless of which channel is used in any other scene.
  • When choosing a scene that uses Channel 'A', each scene from that point on will use Channel 'A' regardless of which channel is saved in the other scenes.
In either case, selecting Channel 'B', 'C' or 'D', will "turn off" Scene Ignore and the scenes will resume changing to the saved channels.
I've tried this and understand it from this scenario but I can do the same thing without it.. Wouldn't you also need a dedicated switch to change channels then?

Turned on scene ignore for all channels of my pitch1 block to make it sticky across scenes (I use pitch1 channels at beginning of chain for whammy up, or dive bomb, or drop, or octave). Works great! whatever I select stays put within the patch. Just make sure that, if you are utilizing preset mapping with a standard midi controller like I still use (mc101😔), that "Ignore Redundant PC" is turned on in midi settings.

Thanks FAS!

Last edited:
Looks like a lot of guys love the Scene Ignore option.
Too much tweaking for me. LOL.

With the Austin Buddy presets it is already an embarrassment of riches I am still working through.

19.05 sounds great. Thanks FAS!

When I asked for scene ignore 4 years ago everyone jumped on to tell me how stupid the idea was and that I didnt understand the workflow. Glad its finally in and happy to see other now see it as useful! (My original use case was for pitch block, and also scenarios running multiple guitars at once).

I've tried this and understand it from this scenario but I can do the same thing without it.. Wouldn't you also need a dedicated switch to change channels then?
Yes, you would need at least one dedicated switch for most scenarios using Scene Ignore. If your presets utilize scenes with different channels so you don't need to manually change them, Scene Ignore isn't a feature you'll use.

The ability to do the same thing without it? Yes and no. You can use one channel for all scenes and have a switch or switches assigned to select the other channels. No, there isn't another way I'm aware of to change channels or Bypass state of a block across all scenes by pressing one switch.

Scene ignore doesn't exactly do something we didn't already have a workaround for. If you are used to having a multi-channel amp and a pedal board or switcher, this is a more familiar approach/workflow to changing sounds.

Scene ignore doesn't exactly do something we didn't already have a workaround for. If you are used to having a multi-channel amp and a pedal board or switcher, this is a more familiar approach/workflow to changing sounds.
That's true, but workarounds to some users means settling for an option that works to an extent but doesn't really do what they want. Like a lot of features, some will never use it, some will rarely use it but others will find it indispensable.

To paraphrase the famous quote; "It's better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it".

Scene ignore doesn't exactly do something we didn't already have a workaround for.
It certainly does.

A simple example: I have a preset with the Amp block having 4 different "base" amp settings. This is the "pedal platform" I have adjusted the rest of the preset for.

By turning on scene ignore on all channels of the Amp block, I can decide on the fly which one I want to use across all scenes. I simply need to select the Amp block channel on any scene.

It certainly does.

A simple example: I have a preset with the Amp block having 4 different "base" amp settings. This is the "pedal platform" I have adjusted the rest of the preset for.

By turning on scene ignore on all channels of the Amp block, I can decide on the fly which one I want to use across all scenes. I simply need to select the Amp block channel on any scene.
Sounds like a winner if you only need to adjust the amp block channel and not an accompanying cab block channel. A big help, certainly, but ability to change a handful of blocks as a group would help, too. In my scheme of operation, I often have two amps (for rhythm and lead sounds) and choice of two accompanying cabs each (1x12 or 2x10, for example, to tailor the lows and mids just so), with the impedance curves in the amps set to match the cab, so it would be important to be able to keep them sync'ed together. I could split them out to separate presets, but that just doubles the maintenance....

It certainly does.

As a self-proclaimed simpleton, I think I might be finally getting it. You'd need a switch (instead of a scene) to choose which Amp channel you want, is that right?

Sounds like a winner if you only need to adjust the amp block channel and not an accompanying cab block channel. A big help, certainly, but ability to change a handful of blocks as a group would help, too. In my scheme of operation, I often have two amps (for rhythm and lead sounds) and choice of two accompanying cabs each (1x12 or 2x10, for example, to tailor the lows and mids just so), with the impedance curves in the amps set to match the cab, so it would be important to be able to keep them sync'ed together. I could split them out to separate presets, but that just doubles the maintenance....
Yes, I think we absolutely need a way to handle things like "linking" channel changes or bypass states of multiple blocks with a single button press (that's not a scene change).

In my case, the presets in question always share the same Cab block and single custom blended IR.

Back
Top Bottom