Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.05

Thank you for your continuing care and attention to your craft and all of us Axe users. I know I sound like a broken clock, but I do feel it is important to let those that have positively impacted me be alerted to their deeds. I have only had two Fractal products (the Ultra and the III) but I feel like I have had a lifetime worth of inspirational moments using them across my thirteen years of being a user from updates that really didn't need to be free. There is a lot of hard work that goes into them, especially at the speed they are released. So, thank you.

Seriously though, how would I apply this new scene ignore feature? I don't understand genius so I can't see Cliff's description in my head. I have scenes with blocks either bypassing, staying the same or switching channels. How would ignore make a difference? Or, maybe its something I wouldn't need with basic scenes?

Seriously though, how would I apply this new scene ignore feature? I don't understand genius so I can't see Cliff's description in my head. I have scenes with blocks either bypassing, staying the same or switching channels. How would ignore make a difference? Or, maybe its something I wouldn't need with basic scenes?
I plan on using it to make my amp/cab channels not be affected by scenes. I never change amps in the middle of a song, but sometimes in rehearsals I try a new amp for a song, and it does not sit right. At the moment, I have to switch the amp and cab in all eight scenes, but with scene ignore, I can just change the channel once, and not have to waste rehearsal time fiddling with my gear.

I'm kind of with you on this one. Scene 1 basic patch, scene 2 with a boost and chorus/delay, scene 3 basic with chorus, etc...I'm already doing this. Though for some of the more complex patch users here, I can see it being useful for what they need. I'm also thinking how a user sets up his FC and uses the switches will also be a factor. Again, I'm pretty straight forward with mine. Scenes 1-5 on the bottom, different effects (like a stomp box mode) on the top 5. The 2 switches far right are used for patch up and down.

Yeah, I'm a bit baffled by what Scene Ignore is for. Perhaps a tutorial from @2112 would show how it can be used...:D

Heres an example.
If you use a pitch block at the beginning of the chain to allow a semitone detune (to play some songs in Eb when needed), youd want that to be engaged on all scenes when the detune was needed, and disengaged on all scenes when playing in standard tuning. So you can get that block to ignore scene changes and it will now stay engaged/or disengaged across all scenes as required.

1647028771968.png

I get the concept of scene ignore. What I dont understand is why it is on a per-channel basis. If you want the same amp for all scenes then I would think it would be on the entire block.

I get the concept of scene ignore. What I dont understand is why it is on a per-channel basis. If you want the same amp for all scenes then I would think it would be on the entire block.
Say you have an amp block channel you want to use every time for a solo but your other scenes could be any of the three other channels and not change unless you do it manually

I might be doing something wrong, but I was really hoping that one could set up scene ignore so that only channel selections is ignored, byt not bypass state (on/off) of the block.

EDIT: I think I found a bug. Scene ignore is on for all channels of a block, the block is bypassed. Switch to another scene, and switch channel of that block. The block turns on, for some reason?
What if you turn on the block and save the preset with it on and on the channel you want for scene 1

I very often work in Artist Support, where techs and pros design rigs ranging from very simple to extremely complex.
The most common request in that space is to have Amp and Drive blocks be able to be separated from scene control, so the pedalboard feels like a separate Amp Switcher and Effects Switcher.

I very often work in Artist Support, where techs and pros design rigs ranging from very simple to extremely complex.
The most common request in that space is to have Amp and Drive blocks be able to be separated from scene control, so the pedalboard feels like a separate Amp Switcher and Effects Switcher.
Yup. I'm dialing up a preset exactly like this now. Where I've got a control switch to change the AMP/CAB block to new combos and everything else in the various scenes stays the same.

It's like getting a HUGE boost in the amount you can do with a single preset!

Thank you @FractalAudio !

Edit: Here it is with pictures and a preset: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...iscussion-how-you-use-it.182158/#post-2235230

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom