Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.05

I've really been enjoying this FW. For the first time, I did block resets on my main amps and dialed them in again. Almost identical settings as before, but with the DC30 EF86 for example, there's now a raw-ness in the upper mids that sounds so realistic. Just stellar!

Potential bug: If you save an IR Player block to a Preset, when you reload that Preset, it will load an IR that is one number down from what you saved.

Example: Create a new preset with only an IR Player block, select IR #54 in any bank. Save the preset. Go to another preset, then go back to the one you just created. The IR Player will now load IR #53.

Potential bug: If you save an IR Player block to a Preset, when you reload that Preset, it will load an IR that is one number down from what you saved.

Example: Create a new preset with only an IR Player block, select IR #54 in any bank. Save the preset. Go to another preset, then go back to the one you just created. The IR Player will now load IR #53.
Confirmed.

To reproduce:

• Put an IR Player block in an empty grid
  • Load up Factory 1, IR #10 in the player
  • Save preset
  • Change to new preset, change back

Expected behavior: IR Player is using Factory 1, IR #10

Actual behavior: IR Player is using Factory 1, IR #9

Test was performed from the front panel. Axe-Edit was not runnig at the time.

CC @FractalAudio

Added “Scene Ignore” to most blocks. When set to ON, Scene Ignore instructs the block to ignore scene changes. Scene Ignore is a per-channel parameter. This allows turning Scene Ignore to OFF on one or more channels which will then allow a scene change to set the block to a desired state if the block is on that channel.
Don't think I've ever specifically wanted a feature added in the Axe-FX before this one (and I've used an Axe-FX II and now a III for ten years this year). From one dev to another, thanks Cliff for taking the time to build it out, it's going to be an immense help to my setup. 👍

Confirmed.

To reproduce:

• Put an IR Player block in an empty grid
  • Load up Factory 1, IR #10 in the player
  • Save preset
  • Change to new preset, change back

Expected behavior: IR Player is using Factory 1, IR #10

Actual behavior: IR Player is using Factory 1, IR #9

Test was performed from the front panel. Axe-Edit was not runnig at the time.

CC @FractalAudio
It's actually loading the correct IR, the displayed number is incorrect.

Forgive me if this has been addressed and if I missed it :)

I’m going to be updating from 16.04 if I recall correctly; after I update to 19.05, do I need to reset the amp blocks to reap the benefits of the updates?

Reactions: hmj

I’m going to be updating from 16.04 if I recall correctly; after I update to 19.05, do I need to reset the amp blocks to reap the benefits of the updates?
Backup your 3rd party and personal presets. Download the new factory presets. I move all my factory presets to start at bank B. So A is B, B is C and C is D. This way my entire bank A is available for my personal and 3rd party presets. I reset my amp blocks and then tweaked the settings.

You'll also need to check any presets that use Auto Make-up in the Compressor block (got updated in firmware 18). I went from 16.05 to 17 (something), updated presets, then updated to 19.0x and had to run back through everything again (just 150 or so patches).

Was there a note saying to reset the Amp block, or is that just common practice now for every firmware update?

Anyone else seeing weird stuff with the scene ignore? I have ignore on for my geq blocks, and as I switch scenes using the fc sometimes the block turns off. Then I press the button on the fc to turn it back on and it says "disabled" like it thought it was on. Seems to only happen the first few scene changes then it stays on.

Are you changing channels in the GEQ block? The Scene Ignore parameter is separate for each of the block's channels.
Yes, I use diff channels for diff instruments. Ill double check all channels are set to ignore, I thought it was a block level setting for some reason...

I havent' sifted through this entire thread but Im wondering if I should reset the amp blocks in my presets. I cant remember the last time I really did. Been puddle jumping from one FW update to the next for sometime. I should just test out on one or two of my main presets I suppose by duplicating the preset to A/B the difference

Anybody getting random pops?
If they're random, it's often a sign of pushing the CPU too hard. Check your CPU level for all scenes in the preset and make sure it's 80% or below. I keep mine below 80% because CPU usage can go up a little as the sound starts flowing.

I havent' sifted through this entire thread but Im wondering if I should reset the amp blocks in my presets. I cant remember the last time I really did. Been puddle jumping from one FW update to the next for sometime. I should just test out on one or two of my main presets I suppose by duplicating the preset to A/B the difference
If they sound good then don't bother. Or, try, see if it sounds better, and if not then revert the preset to the original state.

I’m wondering this too. One poster mentioned that if the firmware release doesn’t state to reset the amp block, then you’re good. However, in the wiki release notes, there’s no mention of resetting the amp block from the release notes since 14.01 until now, but I feel like I’ve read this over several updates on the forum (could be wrong), so I’d like to know the scoop on this too. I’m coming from 16.04.

Back
Top Bottom