Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.04

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, you didn't get it either. First of all I would like to say that I am very satisfied with my Axe Fx3, FC-12 and FM3. I never claimed otherwise. but what is apparently not wanted here in this forum are occasional factual critical comments. I will not express any criticism here in the future. You get attacked for it. Let it be good now.
Factual critical comments and suggestions are welcomed here. Mentioning them over and over in multiple discussions over a period of months is what gets tiresome. Your intentions are good.

Factual critical comments and suggestions are welcomed here. Mentioning them over and over in multiple discussions over a period of months is what gets tiresome. Your intentions are good.

no he's right. the fanboy train is long and quick to jump. It's just the nature of the world we live in and the internet i'm afraid.

Sorry, you didn't get it either. First of all I would like to say that I am very satisfied with my Axe Fx3, FC-12 and FM3. I never claimed otherwise. but what is apparently not wanted here in this forum are occasional factual critical comments. I will not express any criticism here in the future. You get attacked for it. Let it be good now.
I think that you're missing the point,at least as I see it (YMMV). I can't speak for anyone else, but I can say for myself that I don't mind your expressing a request for updated presets. It is the way that you asked that is problematic.

First, you said "we" in one of your posts, implying that everyone feels the same way that you do. I don't feel the same way that you do, and clearly there are many other folks that don't either.

Second is that you posted numerous times on the same subject. I haven't counted how many, but is a dozen times too high?

Third, your criticism of Fractal had a "bite" to it that many of us don't agree with. I for one am very satisfied with Fractal Customer service and support. Sure, I enjoy updated presets, but I also understand that Cliff, for one, works countless hours to improve this product. And he gives us all of these improvements at no cost to us. Cliff grew this business out of his garage after he was disappointed in the sounds coming out of a Line 6 floor board. I have had numerous Line 6 products over the years. Line 6 either abandoned updates entirely, or comes out with them roughly once a year (see the update history for Helix). My numbers might be a bit off, but certainly not significantly so. So, after buying a Vetta combo and being promised numerous updates, and not even getting bug fixes for months/years, I'm grateful. Same was true of my Flextone II or my Pod XT Live, or my original AXsys 212, which got exactly 1 update that required replacing an EPROM chip, putting on a new sticky front panel and replacing all of the knobs. Oh, and this cost me $99.00.

Many of us are just thankful. So when one individual takes it upon him/her self to start harping on an issue multiple times, you're liable to get push back, which you did. What you call a "factual comment" is not "factual" for all of us. Updated presets are great. So is letting Fractal Audio give us incredible advancements at a break neck speed. Saying what you want once is cool. I don't mind that at all. But repeating yourself multiple times in a short period of time is over the top. I believe that this is why you have received so many negative comments. Of course, YMMV.

Confirmed here, not wrapping on my FC-6 either.
Could you possibly provide steps we can use to reproduce this?
I tested it here and it seems to be working fine. Here are the steps I used.

1. I connected an FC-6 (Mark II but that shouldn't matter) and loaded the FC-6 default layouts.
2. In Layout 1, I set the Bank -1 switch to Lower Limit 0, Upper Limit 3, Wrap ON.
3. In Layout 1, I set the Bank +1 switch to Lower Limit 0, Upper Limit 3, Wrap ON.
4. I made sure that the global setting Bank Switch Limits was enabled.

The footswitches work as expected. When I'm on Bank 3 and I tap Bank +1, it wraps around and loads bank 0. When I'm on Bank 0 and I press Bank -1, it loads bank 3. All of the preset switches in the currently loaded bank then work fine to load the assigned presets.

That was my mistake, DOH!. The BSL was set to "DISABLED", I had reset the FC to check something else then installed my backup FC settings. I neglected to double-check the FC Controller settings, apologies. Enabled the BSL and the wrap works perfectly.

@HereToday - Double-check this in your Setup>FC Controllers>Config page.

Could you possibly provide steps we can use to reproduce this?
I tested it here and it seems to be working fine. Here are the steps I used.

1. I connected an FC-6 (Mark II but that shouldn't matter) and loaded the FC-6 default layouts.
2. In Layout 1, I set the Bank -1 switch to Lower Limit 0, Upper Limit 3, Wrap ON.
3. In Layout 1, I set the Bank +1 switch to Lower Limit 0, Upper Limit 3, Wrap ON.

The footswitches work as expected. When I'm on Bank 3 and I tap Bank +1, it wraps around and loads bank 0. When I'm on Bank 0 and I press Bank -1, it loads bank 3. All of the preset switches in the currently loaded bank then work fine to load the assigned presets.

Thanks Matt. Somehow switch limits got disabled. I'm thinking maybe it happened during the upgrade. Anyway, all good now!

I updated from 19.02 to 19.04, but after the 2nd set , I had the FAS modern bug reported in the 19.03 (meters from output1 full blocked and no sound, need to reboot)

Besides that , those updates are great, I'm also fan of the new cents and tuner frequency, just a bit too small on the display for me to be perfect but it's great!

EDIT: the FAS bug happened with the FAS HOT ROD amp, not the FAS modern

Last edited:
When did the tuner start displaying hz and cents? Cool update.
VERSION 1.10.10
MARCH 5, 2022

Current Axe-Fx III Firmware Version: 19.04

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
  • Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
  • Minimum firmware version 3.02

NEW IN THIS VERSION

* Support for firmware 19.03
o Modified Pitch "Dual Detune" layout and added "Dual Detune Delay" layout.
o Updated Output block meter's max dB.

* Added frequency and cent values to the Tuner.

VERSION 1.10.10
MARCH 5, 2022

Current Axe-Fx III Firmware Version: 19.04

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
  • Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
  • Minimum firmware version 3.02

NEW IN THIS VERSION

* Support for firmware 19.03
o Modified Pitch "Dual Detune" layout and added "Dual Detune Delay" layout.
o Updated Output block meter's max dB.

* Added frequency and cent values to the Tuner.
Ok so I havent just been missing it for 2 years.

In previous versions (19.01 and earlier) I was able to set the tap tempo color to none in the FC config in order to turn off the blinking for that button on the FC (it bugs me for some reason). However, with this new FW, even with it set to no color, it still blinks. Is this a bug or intended behavior? Thanks!

Edit with more info - it looks like (for me at least) choosing no color shows the same as choosing White for all buttons (which is why tap tempo is flashing white). I'm using the latest version of Axe-Edit and refreshed after firmware.

Last edited:
I think that you're missing the point,at least as I see it (YMMV). I can't speak for anyone else, but I can say for myself that I don't mind your expressing a request for updated presets. It is the way that you asked that is problematic.

First, you said "we" in one of your posts, implying that everyone feels the same way that you do. I don't feel the same way that you do, and clearly there are many other folks that don't either.

Second is that you posted numerous times on the same subject. I haven't counted how many, but is a dozen times too high?

Third, your criticism of Fractal had a "bite" to it that many of us don't agree with. I for one am very satisfied with Fractal Customer service and support. Sure, I enjoy updated presets, but I also understand that Cliff, for one, works countless hours to improve this product. And he gives us all of these improvements at no cost to us. Cliff grew this business out of his garage after he was disappointed in the sounds coming out of a Line 6 floor board. I have had numerous Line 6 products over the years. Line 6 either abandoned updates entirely, or comes out with them roughly once a year (see the update history for Helix). My numbers might be a bit off, but certainly not significantly so. So, after buying a Vetta combo and being promised numerous updates, and not even getting bug fixes for months/years, I'm grateful. Same was true of my Flextone II or my Pod XT Live, or my original AXsys 212, which got exactly 1 update that required replacing an EPROM chip, putting on a new sticky front panel and replacing all of the knobs. Oh, and this cost me $99.00.

Many of us are just thankful. So when one individual takes it upon him/her self to start harping on an issue multiple times, you're liable to get push back, which you did. What you call a "factual comment" is not "factual" for all of us. Updated presets are great. So is letting Fractal Audio give us incredible advancements at a break neck speed. Saying what you want once is cool. I don't mind that at all. But repeating yourself multiple times in a short period of time is over the top. I believe that this is why you have received so many negative comments. Of course, YMMV.
This is your personal point of view. I have a different view. Endurance is not always viewed negatively. Persistence can also make a difference. I don't know if FAS would actually have updated the factory presets at this point without persistence. I would like to ask you to finally end this tiresome topic.

This is your personal point of view. I have a different view. Endurance is not always viewed negatively. Persistence can also make a difference. I don't know if FAS would actually have updated the factory presets at this point without persistence. I would like to ask you to finally end this tiresome topic.
Thank you for motivating Fractal to update the presets. And, a big thank you to Al Gore for inventing the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom