Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.04

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cliff, the JMPre EQ is so awesome, it makes it even easier than before to get an outstanding tone of that JMpre AMP BLOCK, I also utilize it with the Brit Pre AMP BLOCK!!! Thank you! The FC-12 issue I had with my AXE FX III MK II freezing between scenes change with that one preset hasn't happened again since, weird! Best!

In previous versions (19.01 and earlier) I was able to set the tap tempo color to none in the FC config in order to turn off the blinking for that button on the FC (it bugs me for some reason). However, with this new FW, even with it set to no color, it still blinks. Is this a bug or intended behavior? Thanks!

Edit with more info - it looks like (for me at least) choosing no color shows the same as choosing White for all buttons (which is why tap tempo is flashing white). I'm using the latest version of Axe-Edit and refreshed after firmware.
This will be fixed in the next release. If it's driving you crazy, as a work around you can set the Ring Color for the whole Utility category to Off (Ring Colors page under FC Controllers) and assign Blue to the other Utility switches. Apologies, I know that's a pain.

It seems this just happened with the new update. Does anyone else have this issue with assigning the control pedal for the wah block? All of the parameters are missing. This is happening to all of my presets with a wah block in them.
Can confirm but it's not just wah, it's whatever is assigned to an external pedal. The presets or the modifier has changed so it's not honoring the values from the stored preset when I operate the pedals.

I'm seeing it with two EV-2 on pedal inputs 1 and 2 on my FC-12 attached to the FX3. The FX3 is running the 19.04 firmware, the FC-12 is on v1.12, the editor is 1.10.10. Prior to this they've worked without problems.

My volume is on External 1 in the preset. MIDI Extern control 1 is assigned to FC1 Pedal 1. The Wah is on External 2 in the preset and correspondingly MIDI Extern control 2 is assigned to FC1 Pedal 2. Bypass is set to 95% (toe down) on both. Auto Engage is set to SLOW SPD, but no position makes a difference.

Recalibrating the pedals shows the FX3 can see them and responds to pedal movement.

I have the VOL and WAH blocks assigned in a number of presets, and they'd worked fine until this update.

I'm continuing to experiment to see if I can figure out how to get them working again. The next step is a reset of the system settings. :-/

@FractalAudio

PS - I reset the MIDI/External settings. No difference after reassigning them to the FC1 pedals. I reloaded the blocks from my block library, and they immediately bypassed, where previously they had been ignoring the settings. So, currently I think the solution is to reset and reassign the pedals in MIDI/External…. I saw some related confusion during the beta, but at that point simply reloading the block fixed it in several presets. Attached is a preset that I haven't touched, which is demonstrating the problem with both the Wah and Vol blocks.

Attachments

• E.J..syx.zip
    4.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
This is your personal point of view. I have a different view. Endurance is not always viewed negatively. Persistence can also make a difference. I don't know if FAS would actually have updated the factory presets at this point without persistence. I would like to ask you to finally end this tiresome topic.
It sounds like you do get it. You're just expressing your personal point of view. I'm glad that we cleared that up.

So yes, let's end this tiresome topic.

This is your personal point of view. I have a different view. Endurance is not always viewed negatively. Persistence can also make a difference. I don't know if FAS would actually have updated the factory presets at this point without persistence. I would like to ask you to finally end this tiresome topic.

I didn’t realize you were asking over and over for this. Believe me, FAS is reading requests, and there are so very many different requests. There’s no need to bombard anyone. What you may view as persistent may just come off as rude and entitled.

I have to add, if you find it tiresome for people to ask you not to bombard the forum with repetitious requests, how tiresome do you think the people at FAS, the moderators here, and your fellow forum members found it to read you posting the same request over and over? An occasional bump on an ancient thread is fine, but please understand this is one of many many requests (please peruse the wish list section). For many Fractal users, it's more interesting to have access to new features, and for the factory presets to be many versions behind. The pace of innovation by Cliff and the rest of the engineers (I'm sorry to refer to them en masse, but I don't know who does what there) is truly unmatched and incredible. I think it would be a terribly wasteful endeavor for them to update all factory presets for every single improvement. If the factory presets are very important to you as a musician, I suggest tweaking the ones you like best when there are updates, as another member has recommended. The other option is just to stay on the firmware on which the latest version of presets were made. There's nothing wrong with that, and musicians on tour seem often to stay on older firmware just to keep the sound consistent.

Can confirm but it's not just wah, it's whatever is assigned to an external pedal. The presets or the modifier has changed so it's not honoring the values from the stored preset when I operate the pedals.

I'm seeing it with two EV-2 on pedal inputs 1 and 2 on my FC-12 attached to the FX3. The FX3 is running the 19.04 firmware, the FC-12 is on v1.12, the editor is 1.10.10. Prior to this they've worked without problems.

My volume is on External 1 in the preset. MIDI Extern control 1 is assigned to FC1 Pedal 1. The Wah is on External 2 in the preset and correspondingly MIDI Extern control 2 is assigned to FC1 Pedal 2. Bypass is set to 95% (toe down) on both. Auto Engage is set to SLOW SPD, but no position makes a difference.

Recalibrating the pedals shows the FX3 can see them and responds to pedal movement.

I have the VOL and WAH blocks assigned in a number of presets, and they'd worked fine until this update.

I'm continuing to experiment to see if I can figure out how to get them working again. The next step is a reset of the system settings. :-/

@FractalAudio

PS - I reset the MIDI/External settings. No difference after reassigning them to the FC1 pedals. I reloaded the blocks from my block library, and they immediately bypassed, where previously they had been ignoring the settings. So, currently I think the solution is to reset and reassign the pedals in MIDI/External…. I saw some related confusion during the beta, but at that point simply reloading the block fixed it in several presets. Attached is a preset that I haven't touched, which is demonstrating the problem with both the Wah and Vol blocks.
From the front panel or using Axe-Edit?

What OS? Windows? Mac? Did you reinstall Axe-Edit? There was a bug in Mac build.

@FractalAudio

Guess I'm waiting for 19.05... :)

@Greg Ferguson I've tried to reproduce this using your preset and multiple different settings for External 1 as well as direct FC pedals. I am using Axe-Edit Mac 1.10.10 and release firmware 19.04.
I started a private message to get some more information from you and @kmachman

Having big problems with 19.04 and the latest usb driver for windows.
The axe3 delivers sound for 2-3 minutes then I have to reboot the axe to have another 2-3 minutes of sound..... :-(
I was on win10 and in frustration updated to win 11 hoping for a fix but the problem remains.....
Anyone here experiencing the same problems - I have already changed the energy save function from low to high
I was on 19.02 before and everything was working perfect.

The axe3 delivers sound for 2-3 minutes then I have to reboot the axe to have another 2-3 minutes of sound..... :-(
I was on win10 and in frustration updated to win 11 hoping for a fix but the problem remains.....
Anyone here experiencing the same problems - I have already changed the energy save function from low to high
USB functionality is handled by a different processor so it's unlikely the firmware is the cause of the problem. I suggest trying a different USB cable.

@FractalAudio and what about having a polyphonic tuner mode, like the tc electronic polytune pedal since the tuner is going better and better ?
God I would love that! My PolyTune is the only thing keeping me from using the built-in one. As mentioned, I’m pretty sure the algo is patented. I wonder when it expires.

@FractalAudio how about just “accidentally” adding an Easter Egg or secret menu to access the hidden code? ☺️

From the front panel or using Axe-Edit?

What OS? Windows? Mac? Did you reinstall Axe-Edit? There was a bug in Mac build.
Adding my 2 cents - I have an M1 Mac Mini running Big Sur 11.6.4. I'm on FW 19.04, with an FC-6 using FC 1.11 and Axe Edit 1.10.10. The wah block works as expected, as do both of my expression pedals.

I have exactly the same problem with 19.04.
it happened to me 2 times already... I didn´t change scene, fx, anything..just doing my thing on a guitar and suddenly, there´s drop out.
Input meter on axe was visually working but without any sound.
I had to reboot. then yesterday exactly same thing, again, no switching involved, and I used different preset.
Axe fx 3 mk2 with current axe edit and current usb driver using power amp/cab.
I had the drop out also without using axe edit, just straight into the amp/cab, playing live with band in the middle of a song.
I had also 19.02 before and no problem whatsoever..
Glad to see that I am not alone..

Last edited:
I have exactly the same problem with 19.04.
it happened to me 2 times already... I didn´t change scene, fx, anything..just doing my thing on a guitar and suddenly, there´s drop out.
Input meter on axe was visually working but without any sound.
I had to reboot. then yesterday exactly same thing, again, no switching involved, and I used different preset.
Axe fx 3 mk2 with current axe edit and current usb driver using power amp/cab.
I had the drop out also without using axe edit, just straight into the amp/cab, playing live with band in the middle of a song.
I had also 19.02 before and no problem whatsoever..
Glad to see that I am not alone..
Similar issue, the other night with 19.04, out of nowhere the unit appeared to have bricked, all the output lights were permanently on, no sound, and unable to change presets. I had to reboot the unit. It's a III Mk1, with FC12 connected, and I was using Axe-Edit (latest version) at the time.
No issues like that on the previous FW (19.02).
I'm hoping it doesn't happen at tomorrow night's gig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom