Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.02

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up one from Andy Wood's site - $4 and it sounds great. I want to use my Axe so bad with my acoustic but I just haven't found the right preset, nor have I made one that I've liked. The one from Andy is pretty good!
I have a “go to“ for a real acoustic guitar. It may be a factory preset or i found it on the xchange, if i can get to it tonight, i will post it. I think its called fender acousticsonic or something like that. It sounds Really good with my setup. I don’t remember if I tweaked it or left as is.

My 2 cents is you need at least a 5” speaker but preferably 7” to feel like you are playing rock and roll. Headphones are kinda of weird to get used to also.

I just happen to have a nice set of Adam A5x for sale for a great price.. shameless promotion!

but really I just went to an 7” speaker from a 5” and that helped a bunch. I can’t imagine being happy playing through a 3” speaker and trying to cop tones that are meant to sound like a 4x12 cab.

Edit.. not sure what happened.. this was supposed to be a reply to another thread, the Struggling with FM3 thread.

Last edited:
And so do the presets. I think that some of the best patch makers are involved in making these. Anytime I feel uninspired I’ll just scroll through a few for some inspiration. There is some really good stuff in there I would not come up with myself. For all FAS does, let’s crowdsource it and have @My name is mud do it in a day for $100 and put them out here for everyone. I’ll put $20 towards it.
Same with me.
I just can't do what Simeon does with Synth blocks, I don't have enough knowledge for that.
Once a patch is selected, it's just a matter of adjusting it for your own guitar.
Might find a trippy clean patch, if you have your own clean sound you like, have it saved as a block and just put in the Amp block slot, just takes seconds. Or you can copy and paste an Amp from a preset you like.
You can even replace a clean one with your favourite hi-gain lead sound.
The Axe is so flexible and the presets are great.
It's like being in the ultimate guitar shop after hours, no messy cables, and you can select things quicker then the staff can unbox it and hook it up. Everything's always in stock, and you can get away with playing forbidden guitar riffs, without being unplugged.

I picked up one from Andy Wood's site - $4 and it sounds great. I want to use my Axe so bad with my acoustic but I just haven't found the right preset, nor have I made one that I've liked. The one from Andy is pretty good!
@Brian Coonan try this for a real acoustic guitar going into the axefx 3, scene 1 (not sure where i got this at ) but I have a YA Mesa 4x12 trad mix 18 , so mess around with your IR's. I use Adam7X monitors,. Just be carefull as this seems to load on Scene 8 , which is a Diezel. Turn your headphones or monitors down before you load this please. hopefully this translates well,

Attachments

• Fender Acoustisonic Strat.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 7
@Brian Coonan try this for a real acoustic guitar going into the axefx 3, scene 1 (not sure where i got this at ) but I have a YA Mesa 4x12 trad mix 18 , so mess around with your IR's. I use Adam7X monitors,. Just be carefull as this seems to load on Scene 8 , which is a Diezel. Turn your headphones or monitors down before you load this please. hopefully this translates well,
Thanks man - will give ‘er a try later on and let you know how it sounds on my stuff!

I'm on FW 19.02 with an FC-12 MKII version 1.12. I can't assign PP switches to switches 11 and 12. I assign a PP to 11 or 12 but it still shows Preset +1 and Tuner (from the scenes layout). Those 2 switches only work if I un-assign the PP switches.

I'm on FW 19.02 with an FC-12 MKII version 1.12. I can't assign PP switches to switches 11 and 12. I assign a PP to 11 or 12 but it still shows Preset +1 and Tuner (from the scenes layout). Those 2 switches only work if I un-assign the PP switches.
There was this post from Matt;
There's a minor bug in 19.02. I'm posting it here as an FYI. I've already noted it in the beta forum and alerted the engineer.

"When a per-preset switch is used to override 11th switch in any layout, the switch functions as expected, but the Mini-Display and LED ring color are not shown correctly. Instead of the per-preset settings, the underlying global settings remain in effect.

Thanks to @sammycoolster for the report that put us on the trail to find this one."

There was this post from Matt;
There's a minor bug in 19.02. I'm posting it here as an FYI. I've already noted it in the beta forum and alerted the engineer.

"When a per-preset switch is used to override 11th switch in any layout, the switch functions as expected, but the Mini-Display and LED ring color are not shown correctly. Instead of the per-preset settings, the underlying global settings remain in effect.

Thanks to @sammycoolster for the report that put us on the trail to find this one."
Yep, that's what I'm experiencing - Thank you!

Played 19.2 tonight with the rest of the band. I am really wondering why I am holding onto my room full of vintage Marshalls...
Cuz you're afraid you'll see one of the same model some day for sale at a higher price than you got, and wish you hadn't sold it?
I did that with a vintage JTM45 that I didn't realize what I had, and it bothers me for a short time. Until I remind myself that it didn't do half of what I wanted it to do as what I bought with the money I got for it.

I had a strange one yesterday. Since upgrading 19.02 the other day I hadn't got round to using it with my FC12 yet. I found that my external stand in pedals were all fine, which was good. However, while in Scene Layout, when I pressed footswitches 1 or 5, both footswitches lit up and both went to Scene 5. I have not made any changes for my FC layout in well over a year so it had to be 19.02 that did this.
I didn't have my laptop with me last night to check and so when I checked it today in FC Edit there is was. It had set both switches to 5. Easy fix but annoying

I had a strange one yesterday. Since upgrading 19.02 the other day I hadn't got round to using it with my FC12 yet. I found that my external stand in pedals were all fine, which was good. However, while in Scene Layout, when I pressed footswitches 1 or 5, both footswitches lit up and both went to Scene 5. I have not made any changes for my FC layout in well over a year so it had to be 19.02 that did this.
I didn't have my laptop with me last night to check and so when I checked it today in FC Edit there is was. It had set both switches to 5. Easy fix but annoying
I'm interested in trying to reproduce this problem. Do you happen to have a backup of your configuration from 19.01 (or earlier)? If not, I'd appreciate it you could upload your current "System + Global Blocks + FC" backup from Fractal-Bot, if you have a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom