Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.02

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure this is an error on my part. After loading new firmware, my FC-12 switch screens are blank. Did I inadvertently stuff something up?

I'm sure this is an error on my part. After loading new firmware, my FC-12 switch screens are blank. Did I inadvertently stuff something up?

If I remember correctly, when this happened to me troubleshooting another issue, all I did was unplug and replug the XLR with everything on, and that worked.

Strange. This wasn't reported by anyone in beta testing and a lot of people checked this build. If you have a backup, try to restore it. If not, you can load the factory default layouts by going to SETUP: FC Controllers: Reset.

That didn't answer my question. What did I do wrong with the update?
I just uploaded the 19.02!
There was no problem!
I had a problem with the previous 19.02 Beta version.
The external switches did not work properly.
Now! With the 19.02 update, everything works perfectly.
I have no problem!
I don't know what you did wrong?
I have an MK II AX FX.
Unfortunately I can not help!

It selects between two different interpolation/decimation kernels. Best Performance yields the least aliasing and best phase response at the expense of latency. This is the kernel used in prior firmwares. Min. Latency trades aliasing and phase response for reduced latency. The Amp and Drive block have about 0.5ms less latency each when using Min. Latency. You can achieve total latency of around 1.5ms or less when using Min. Latency.

An interesting new feature. Is this something that's exclusive to the AFX-3's hardware or something that may trickle down to the FM3/FM9 eventually?

Strange. This wasn't reported by anyone in beta testing and a lot of people checked this build. If you have a backup, try to restore it. If not, you can load the factory default layouts by going to SETUP: FC Controllers: Reset.
Thanks Matt. The FC-12 is working again. For the record, and to the best of my knowledge...
I updated: the USB Firmware, Axe-Edit III, and the 19.02 Firmware. They were all on the previous versions.
I also set the AMP Blocks.
If I did something out of order or incorrectly (and I must have because you'all rock), please release the hounds and let me know, lol.

Thanks Cliff and Fractal gang, for this update. You're the best.

My FC-12 switches will not work when in Layout-7 Perform1 after this upgrade. I unplugged, replugged, powercycled, restored from backup, reset the controller etc.

I think the update bricked my FC12 ?

Thanks Matt. The FC-12 is working again. For the record, and to the best of my knowledge...
I updated: the USB Firmware, Axe-Edit III, and the 19.02 Firmware. They were all on the previous versions.
I also set the AMP Blocks.
If I did something out of order or incorrectly (and I must have because you'all rock), please release the hounds and let me know, lol.

Thanks Cliff and Fractal gang, for this update. You're the best.

Did you previously install 19.02 beta 1?

My FC-12 switches will not work when in Layout-7 Perform1 after this upgrade. I unplugged, replugged, powercycled, restored from backup, reset the controller etc.

I think the update bricked my FC12 ?
I doubt your FC12 is bricked. It's just a terminal. If it is displaying text and responding to switch presses then it's not bricked. Most likely that layout got corrupted somehow and you will need to rebuild it.

Added “Oversampling Mode” to Global menu. This parameter allows selecting between BEST PERFORMANCE and MIN. LATENCY.
Going to "min. latency" almost sounds like converting a 48KHz/24bit wav to an mp3 :sweatsmile:

Btw, is min latency basically running at the same oversampling rate as the fm3/fm9 or is it even lower?

So I dug further, basically when I hit the footswitches the effects seem to get toggled
I doubt your FC12 is bricked. It's just a terminal. If it is displaying text and responding to switch presses then it's not bricked. Most likely that layout got corrupted somehow and you will need to rebuild it.
Cliff, I am a brand new Axe-3 user and just got this a month ago. I generally differentiate companies by their customer service, and you Sir, are definitely setting the standard for the industry ! I will try to rebuild the layout and go from there to see if it fixes it. As a kernel dev myself its some interesting work you do. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom