Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the other day, but I reversed the installation. I was getting a strange compression effect on attack. I didn't remember. How did you know - that's spooky, lol.
My guess is that the previous beta affected your layouts in some way. There were several bugs.

My guess is that the previous beta affected your layouts in some way. There were several bugs.
Well, let me just say that I have a bunch of bugs, but you guys do virtually flawless work. I can make this equipment sound like anyone’s rig.

Well, let me just say that I have a bunch of bugs, but you guys do virtually flawless work. I can make this equipment sound like anyone’s rig.
If you have a backup for 19.01, roll back the firmware and install your backup, then upgrade.

I tried 19.02 beta last weekend and lost external switch function so I rolled back to 19.01 but ended up losing all FC layouts. Installed the backup for 19.01 and everything worked great. Updated to 19.02 final release this morning with no FC or external switch issues.

Globally all the Mesa boogies needs to be leveled up since 19.02

Dont know if it is related with the little mess the beta does in my system or it is some new things in these amps that cause this 🤔

Just installed 19.02. Reinstalled all the factory presets to revisit them. Didn't make any adjustments to anything. The first two Bassman presets sounded so good. I couldn't stop playing the Vibrato Verb. It held my attention for about an hour... that drive scene. Added a Dimension Chorus at default settings after a little while. Everything sounds great! I can't express how glad I am to own this black box. Cliff and the FAS Team are the absolute best! And a shout out to many, many awesome forum members as well! Thank you all!

Last edited:
If you have a backup for 19.01, roll back the firmware and install your backup, then upgrade.

I tried 19.02 beta last weekend and lost external switch function so I rolled back to 19.01 but ended up losing all FC layouts. Installed the backup for 19.01 and everything worked great. Updated to 19.02 final release this morning with no FC or external switch issues.
Hi Joker,

I read that @skydog was joking about the bugs - you know, more about fleas and lice, than software issues. But I could be wrong. What with me having kids and pets, I might just be projecting my own nightmare memories of dealing with both. YMMV, of course.

😺

There's a minor bug in 19.02. I'm posting it here as an FYI. I've already noted it in the beta forum and alerted the engineer.

When a per-preset switch is used to override 11th switch in any layout, the switch functions as expected, but the Mini-Display and LED ring color are not shown correctly. Instead of the per-preset settings, the underlying global settings remain in effect.

Thanks to @sammycoolster for the report that put us on the trail to find this one.

Last edited:
There's a minor bug in 19.02. I'm posting it here as an FYI. I've already noted it in the beta forum and alerted the engineer.

When a per-preset switch is used to override 11th switch in any layout, the switch functions as expected, but the Mini-Display and LED ring color are not shown correctly. Instead of the per-preset settings, the underlying global settings remain in effect.

Thanks to @sammycoolster for the report that put us on the trail to find this one.
Thanks Matt for the great support, as a new fractal user I definitely will be a customer for life.

I went ahead and dug some more and with the preset I pointed you to, effect footswitch LEDs don't light up either when in Perform-2 (layout 8) especially 1, 2, 3, 5 , 6 , 8, 9 . So definitely some more info there for you to continue testing.

Last edited:
It selects between two different interpolation/decimation kernels. Best Performance yields the least aliasing and best phase response at the expense of latency. This is the kernel used in prior firmwares. Min. Latency trades aliasing and phase response for reduced latency. The Amp and Drive block have about 0.5ms less latency each when using Min. Latency. You can achieve total latency of around 1.5ms or less when using Min. Latency.

That is absolutely NUTS!!! Amazing job!!!👏

Speaks also to very efficient algorithms and coding, this is kinda crazy to be honest, I don't think there's any other audio device I know of that does this kind of and amount of processing at THIS speed!

I'll almost always going to use 'Best Quality' over speed, but it's quite an accomplishment and milestone, kudos!

Thanks Matt for the great support, as a new fractal user I definitely will be a customer for life.

I went ahead and dug some more and with the preset I pointed you to, effect footswitch LEDs don't light up either when in Perform-2 (layout 8) especially 1, 2, 3, 5 , 6 , 8, 9 . So definitely some more info there for you to continue testing.
This means the corresponding blocks are not in the preset. The footswitch LEDs will only be lit if the block the switch is assigned to control is in the preset.

In a preset I was using, there were several unlit LEDs in Layout 8. I added each of the blocks that did not have a lighted LED on a footswitch and each LED turned on as the block was added.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom