Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.02

Status
Not open for further replies.
It selects between two different interpolation/decimation kernels. Best Performance yields the least aliasing and best phase response at the expense of latency. This is the kernel used in prior firmwares. Min. Latency trades aliasing and phase response for reduced latency. The Amp and Drive block have about 0.5ms less latency each when using Min. Latency. You can achieve total latency of around 1.5ms or less when using Min. Latency.
Does it also lower cpu usage?

It selects between two different interpolation/decimation kernels. Best Performance yields the least aliasing and best phase response at the expense of latency. This is the kernel used in prior firmwares. Min. Latency trades aliasing and phase response for reduced latency. The Amp and Drive block have about 0.5ms less latency each when using Min. Latency. You can achieve total latency of around 1.5ms or less when using Min. Latency.

I think the terms are a little confusing. I associate (BEST) PERFORMANCE with fastest = less latency, but it's the other way around.

Perhaps consider changing this into BEST QUALITY?

Thanks Cliff.

Regarding the oversampling settings, is this for software monitoring latency improvement? I don't do this and monitoring analogue I can't perceive a need to sacrifice any quality for a better response.

This update so far is pretty nice! However, I'm noticing much lower in overall volume on all presets. Going from say -14 to -5 or so.
Also, really digging the JMP models as always, but the tone knobs are all over the place not like increments of one.

This update so far is pretty nice! However, I'm noticing much lower in overall volume on all presets. Going from say -14 to -5 or so.
Also, really digging the JMP models as always, but the tone knobs are all over the place not like increments of one.
Ditto on the volume and freshness of the new update. Time to re-balance the volumes on my presets

Thanks for the update Cliff!
Those new JMP-1 models are sweet!
I just spent the last hour or so copying settings from my original JMP-1 over to the Axe.
The key to getting them more accurate was to leave the Master volume at a certain level (like on the preamp-the front panel volume knob) then use the Axe "Level" knob like you would inside the original JMP-1's "Volume" setting per patch.
BTW, it's so cool being able to change the preamp tubes. On my original I always used a Mullard for the clean chs and a JJ for the dirt.
The BMT&P knobs going from -12 to +12 is so much easier to get more precise.

Also, I noticed the "Authentic" tab is now "Tone".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom