Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, of course that would be a possibility. however, they are factory presets that one could expect optimized and adjusted as a buyer of a fractal device. meanwhile there are also some presets that no longer fit in terms of sound. would it be too much effort for fractal to regularly adjust the presets?
As history has shown, FAS will update them, but that process takes time, especially when you have Cliff ripping away on updates and improvements. You've got two options: adjust the presets yourself on your own time or wait for them to be updated. Patience, my friend.

Yes, of course that would be a possibility. however, they are factory presets that one could expect optimized and adjusted as a buyer of a fractal device. meanwhile there are also some presets that no longer fit in terms of sound. would it be too much effort for fractal to regularly adjust the presets?
Yes it would, they have updated the factory presets and its a very lengthy process. Most users don't use the factory presets so I believe FAS spends most of its time improving the product. You can take Cooper Carters masterclass if you want to learn how to use the fractal better to dial in your own sounds or tweak the factory presets to your taste.

ok my dude. glad you know everything, I bow to your superb knowledge

Having factory presets up to date it’s nothing if you do it at every firmware release, because most of the time, only a few amps or parameters are concerned . Sure if you wait a year before doing it is more work … but you don’t need a week to verify all the presets and scenes one by one.
to me it’s the #1 in the “to do list”as this is the first thing a new customer see .

So sorry to laugh when you tell to a new user to “read the manual” To fix bad factory settings .

I buy a new car, the engine don’t start, and a guy with a can in his hand told me “yeah the constructor got no time for that, read the book about how fixing the motor” 🤣. What a f**** advice man ! 🤣👍🏻

Last edited:
Hello Arni61, People occasionally make these kinds of requests without understanding that amount of work involved. Ask someone like @austinbuddy , who sells preset packs, about updating presets. It is a LOT of work and takes a lot of time. So it is a lot of effort to update factory presets to keep up with firmware upgrades. I would not underestimate what would be required to do frequent preset updates, especially when considering the break neck speed at which the firmware is updated.

It is a LOT of work and takes a lot of time
I do commercial presets that’s why I talk. I manage 500 sounds. That’s part of the game and the job. I cannot imagine selling a pack with one of the preset completely dead sounding and out of date, no. Then factory presets is another story as this is a “presentation” of the product, but that’s important too . As I said, this is the really first thing we experience with the product.

If they want, they pay me 100 and I fix all the factory presets in 24h 😅🍋

Hello Arni61, People occasionally make these kinds of requests without understanding that amount of work involved. Ask someone like @austinbuddy , who sells preset packs, about updating presets. It is a LOT of work and takes a lot of time. So it is a lot of effort to update factory presets to keep up with firmware upgrades. I would not underestimate what would be required to do frequent preset updates, especially when considering the break neck speed at which the firmware is updated.
+imo 3rd party presets are often best used as examples/starting points not so much plug and play - so given this I don't see how its necessary to have factory presets updated with every fw update - the idea
that something is quite broken when factory presets are not updated with fw updates is silly imo as Fractal's factory presets tend to be far more usable than are those in other similar products.

You guys sometimes really amazed me how you are against perfection .

Anyway the fake knobs, anyway the factory presets in 16x 😅

Hey ! That’s not a Ali express product that we are talking about. That’s the axe 3 !

The basics ! Don’t forget the basics !

The first thing that a new user do is trying the factory presets AND turning the knobs ! So if he tried one sounding weird and then turn a knob that do nothing , imagine the cocktail 😅

but yes . If they are only one guy that manage the whole factory it’s complicated yes .

Last edited:
+imo 3rd party presets are often best used as examples/starting points not so much plug and play - so given this I don't see how its necessary to have factory presets updated with every fw update - the idea
that something is quite broken when factory presets are not updated with fw updates is silly imo as Fractal's factory presets tend to be far more usable than are those in other similar products.
I am not an expert on patch design. If I setup my own patches they are typically pretty simple. My only regular gig at this time is a Sunday morning church gig. My patches are simple so I don't generally have much to change. I'm just happy to have a product that gets regular updates. I'm my old Line 6 days we rarely got patches, so what I bought was what I got. Long ago (mid-90s), when I bought an original Line 6 AX2, there was one update that manually required removing an EPROM chip and replacing it with a new one. Though L6 promised many updates there was only one. I had several varieties of PODs, an HD500 and a Vetta 2x12 combo. All of them got once in a while updates. So I'm just happy to get updates and don't worry about things like updating Factory preset updates. I see how hard Cliff/Fractal audio works on firmware that I'm just thankful and don't worry about preset updates. But that's just me. YMMV

You guys sometimes really amazed me how you are against perfection .
Amazes me how many still think factory presets are the best way to introduce
oneself to a modeller. Do we all not know by now that even with factory presets updated with every fw, many new users will not get their ideal sound with those out of the box and will be here looking for dialing in advice - far better to pull up yur fav amp/cab blocks (instantly up to date with latest fw) only and start turning the
authentic knobs - just like Mr Mud likely would if he got a new real amp.

You underestimate the amount of work involved and the details of these presets. A relatively small company always has to decide where to spend resources on.
Yes I imagine that they won’t hire a guy just to have their factory presets up to date, and that they are a “small company” with a lot of things to do. But never forget the basics

Amazes me how many still think factory presets are the best way to introduce
oneself to a modeller. Do we all not know by now that even with factory presets updated with every fw, many new users will not get their ideal sound with those out of the box and will be here looking for dialing in advice - far better to pull yur fav amp/cab blocks only and start turning the authentic knobs - just like Mr Mud likely would if he got a new real amp.
for this I totally agree . But they are many guys that stay and play with the factory presets, as I read left or right in the forum, so this is for them, not for me. The factory presets for whatever guitar product are pure **** most of the time, and that’s not the case for fractal ones, even if I prefer mine 🍋🍓

In my opinion, customized factory presets are the flagship of a product for potential buyers. Poor factory presets are a deterrent and allow wrong conclusions to be drawn. It only affects a small proportion of the factory presets. In this respect, the effort is not that great. The Fractal experts also know exactly where to adjust the settings!
so dear fraktal people please adjust the factory presets because your presets are worth it. It doesn't have to be with every new firmware. But with larger updates which have a direct influence.

Last edited:
In my opinion, customized factory presets are the flagship of a product for potential buyers. Poor factory presets are a deterrent and allow wrong conclusions to be drawn. It only affects a small proportion of the factory presets. In this respect, the effort is not that great. The Fractal experts also know exactly where to adjust the settings!
so dear fraktal people please adjust the factory presets because your presets are worth it. It doesn't have to be with every new firmware. But with major updates the sound dies out significantly.
I think the factory presets are another aspect of the machine that helps sell the system. I also understand that Fractal is a small, very busy, company. Cliff is quite open about what changes occur after an update, and what needs to be tweaked, and we all have access to the factory presets distribution, so perhaps a small group of us could voluntarily tweak them (somewhat appropriately) and release them back to the community each time an update affects them.

If we did a reasonably good job it’d speed the job for Fractal when they get to their normally scheduled round of adjustments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom