Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.02 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm finding that the further the core development advances in the amp models, the easier it is to dial in a useable sound, even if I am unfamiliar with the amp. It doesn't take going into the Advanced Parameters to get a tone that is in my comfort zone anymore, although I do use a few to fine tune. This has been a trend for a while now, but the last several updates have really enabled me to dial in a sound quickly so I can get on to the slow process of writing and recording music.
I'm really enjoying my revisit with the JMPre models. I still need to spend more time on the Jumped models that were added, but I look forward to it.
It really is special to me, that with whatever else is going on in life, I have a device that gives me the choice to either block it out or express it in a way that leads to music. To have the opportunity to try a new amp model or an effect and feel inspired to create something positive or expel something negative is wonderful. I like filling my days with music as much as possible, and Cliff's and his teams hard work, grant me a space to contribute to that. It's not something that I take for granted. So thank you for your continued hard work. It matters in ways that are not easily expressed.

Hi Cliff,
I’m no longer a developer but I do have tales of ‘excrement’ from the old days when I had to try and explain why certain features may not make it into production.
Thanks for you and your teams great work! For the last ten or fifteen years, I’ve been enjoying my fractal products and your never ending quest to perfect them. Always the absolute pinnacle of my musical purchases. Your products have the same feel as Neumann microphones and Quested monitors, but with improvements every few weeks!. I’ll always appreciate the work that goes into this, and your constant struggle to improve.
Thanks
Pauly

I'll simply remove the Ideal controls and that will solve the issue once and for all.

I do not understand the approach of some people!
We have been getting innovations and new features from Cliff since we bought the products.
And you have nothing better to do here pages and pages to nag whether elements are visible or invisible or grayed out.

I can only support Pauly in his statement.
Cliff keep up the good work and thanks for the good ideas.

I can only imagine what it feels like to put the hours in----the countless and collective hours---and then
offer an upgrade for free, only to find in a day or two that the free upgrade is so full of lack for
some that they will turn the latest firmware thread into their own personal wishlist thread. I can't
imagine that it reads that well to someone who has made this their life's work.
I don't know why Cliff doesn't put a disclaimer at the top of these beta threads that reads: Only post bugs. If I were him, I wouldn't want to read through pages of gripes to find the things he needs to know to fix the beta version. Imo, wishes don't belong in beta threads.

If we should just be thankful that we get any updates at all and never request or suggest new features or changes then why do we have a wishlist thread?

And why are people acting like being appreciative and also making requests are mutually exclusive?

Yes, totally. I am completely surprised by the vitriolic reaction to what I view as an innocent, and benevolent, request. How many people telling the rest of us to "shut up and give thanks" shun the wishlist thread based on the same reasoning? I truly don't understand.

What I do think is that most of this happened because this is not a wishlist thread. I would have recommended creating a separate thread for this request, but that's a moot point now that Cliff has noted. considered, and responded to it.

Lastly, once again, I view requests of this nature as going right in line with what Cliff already does. He doesn't think his designs are incapable of being better, and I don't know why this is considered so personally offensive to so many people. This just betrays to me how much we all the love the FAS products, to the point where we'll defend small requests like they're major battles.

Yes, totally. I am completely surprised by the vitriolic reaction to what I view as an innocent, and benevolent, request. How many people telling the rest of us to "shut up and give thanks" shun the wishlist thread based on the same reasoning? I truly don't understand.

What I do think is that most of this happened because this is not a wishlist thread. I would have recommended creating a separate thread for this request, but that's a moot point now that Cliff has noted. considered, and responded to it.

Lastly, once again, I view requests of this nature as going right in line with what Cliff already does. He doesn't think his designs are incapable of being better, and I don't know why this is considered so personally offensive to so many people. This just betrays to me how much we all the love the FAS products, to the point where we'll defend small requests like they're major battles.

An army of a few is not really a sign of a majour battle being fought---near as I can tell. :)

I hope you know I dig you and Joe. It's not personal for me. I can't speak for anyone else,
though.

It's debatable if the "wishes" cited in this thread are improvements and push the unit
forward. Seems like they would cost Cliff a lot of menial coding labour, and if that is
the case is that where you guys want his efforts to go?? I think that is a fair question to
ask.

Oh, and if some people poked the Bear here that is not on us who just merely noticed it, is it?

Leave it be Cliff! It’s not worth a bunch of work and time by any means. Spend your time and genius on further development. It’s much easier for the few to adjust their thinking than for you to make a easy button for them! Just sayin 🙃

I'm astounded at how many post were made here (on a firmware release thread) about how all the ideal parameters don't need to be there if some don't do anything on certain amps. Ghost them out? Must mean it's pointless to be there if it's not for everything. Really?
Relentless to the point of aggravating the main man. Seriously kids?

Anything else we'd like to complain about? I mean... if it offends you, please continually voice your dissatisfaction... rather than move past something that cannot help your creativeness, nor help you improve as a player.

Here's an idea... You don't need to touch every parameter. Get over the fact that some of us LIKE ideal controls, and can accept not every amp can use them all. If you can't hear a difference... maybe there is none, even if your placebo tells you otherwise. Geez, how upsetting that must be.
Can't you be happy with what you have here... or is it to much for you?

To much maybe? Than get the QC or the Kemp. Less to tweak, even though nobody told you to adjust everything there is to get a great sound.
Shame on you to get the genius mad, but I can see why.
It would be a LOT of work he said... and time wasted on what? ... B.S.

Please don't invest your time into this FAS... and thank you from the rest of us who don't whine about nonsense.

I'm astounded at how many post were made here (on a firmware release thread) about how all the ideal parameters don't need to be there if some don't do anything on certain amps. Ghost them out? Must mean it's pointless to be there if it's not for everything. Really?
Relentless to the point of aggravating the main man. Seriously kids?

Anything else we'd like to complain about? I mean... if it offends you, please continually voice your dissatisfaction... rather than move past something that cannot help your creativeness, nor help you improve as a player.

Here's an idea... You don't need to touch every parameter. Get over the fact that some of us LIKE ideal controls, and can accept not every amp can use them all. If you can't hear a difference... maybe there is none, even if your placebo tells you otherwise. Geez, how upsetting that must be.
Can't you be happy with what you have here... or is it to much for you?

To much maybe? Than get the QC or the Kemp. Less to tweak, even though nobody told you to adjust everything there is to get a great sound.
Shame on you to get the genius mad, but I can see why.
It would be a LOT of work he said... and time wasted on what? ... B.S.

Please don't invest your time into this FAS... and thank you from the rest of us who don't whine about nonsense.
Touche! (Thanks for the laugh!)

Guys just let it go, both Cliff and Matt have suggested that they have ideas on how to solve this minor (but noteworthy) gripe, so let's let them do what they do best and enjoy the firmware now for the impressive one that it is.

They're already looking into it, leave it alone now and go play some guitar 🎸

Testing 19.02 beta with both friedman and mesa cabs at the same time - sounds huuuuuge and chewy !

friedman cab - 2x celestion alnico cream, 2x celestion redback

mesa cab - 4x mesa UK V30’s

First played around 85db, then around 2:35 mark cranked to ca. 120db.

As you can hear, the compression kicks in, but you can also hear that cranked character, which, in the room, sounds amazeballs :fearscream:

Please, switch the quality to at least 1080p.

Last edited:
switch the quality to at least 1080p
youtube serves the same audio (160 kbps opus) at all quality options, even 144p, since 2019. it only serves lower quality audio if your network conditions are very poor (i.e., under 1 mbps)

edit: it looks like they updated it so that 144p serves 70 kbps opus, so pick 240p or above and you're good lol

Last edited:
T

Hi, you are correct, this is not a "wishlist thread", it is intended to report Bugs on Beta Firmware. BTW, according to Cliff, the issue at hand is no "small" request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom