Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.02 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joke appart once you have reloaded your fc12 layout it works like before with the beta (here) . I m on it since day one .
The thing is to not turning back to 19.01 if you don’t want to see them erased .
So if you have all your backups go !

Last edited:
The graying out of knows will likely be a global change, and might more than likely break things

Which is why I suggested a little text 'notes' section that alerts the user to 'use only in stereo', or 'tonestack inability for this model' or something like that

Doesn't break anything but still alerts to the fact that you can't really do certain things or that there's a point of interest or concern with a model

There are literally decades of UI design behind things being grayed-out/ghosted if they are present, but disabled.

Following reasonable UI design standards is not an unreasonable request....
There are plenty of instances where controls don't do anything in Ideal mode. That's the nature of the beast. The default mode is Authentic and if you aren't prepared to deal with controls that may not do anything you should use that mode.

There are literally decades of UI design behind things being grayed-out/ghosted if they are present, but disabled.

Following reasonable UI design standards is not an unreasonable request....
again falls under development resources are not infinite and it comes down to do you want greyed out knobs or new features and/or bug fixes? Text notes to me sound like a happy medium if it were ever up for a vote.

Joke appart once you have reloaded your fc12 layout it works like before with the beta (here) . I m on it since day one .
The thing is to not turning back to 19.01 if you don’t want to see them erased .
When you say reload your fc layout from backup, do you mean system backup from fractal bot? Because system backup gives warning to make sure you're on the same firmware that the backup was made from. I don't see any other way to backup fc layouts.

When you say reload your fc layout from backup, do you mean system backup from fractal bot? Because system backup gives warning to make sure you're on the same firmware that the backup was made from. I don't see any other way to backup fc layouts.
You can export your fc layout only in your desktop and load it back through axe edit, in the fc screen where you « program » it. I don’t use fractal bot for that . In the end I only use fractal bot to update or downgrade .

There are many amp models with inactive parameters in the Ideal page, I made a spreadsheet of these parameters for my reference should I be using an amp model and a particular parameter doesn't seem to be working.

That's awesome that you've created that. Would you be open to adding that to the wiki? I believe it's open to anyone to edit.

There are plenty of instances where controls don't do anything in Ideal mode. That's the nature of the beast. The default mode is Authentic and if you aren't prepared to deal with controls that may not do anything you should use that mode.
It's more about not having knowledge ahead of time (those of us who don't know the in and outs of various amp) if/when certain controls will or won't be active.

Some controls seem to work across all amps (like Tone Stack or Cathode Compression) but maybe they don't. Or they used to work in prior FWs but they don't any more. It's more about transparency for the median user than being trolls/complainers (for most of us).

EDIT: UI design/coding is a PITA. And you can't please all of us, ever.

Last edited:
You can export your fc layout only in your desktop and load it back through axe edit, in the fc screen where you « program » it. I don’t use fractal bot for that . In the end I only use fractal bot to update or downgrade .
Thank you and DAMMIT!!!! All along I thought I was saving everything by doing a system backup before updating. I didn't realize FC layouts were saved separately, so now I don't have a layout backup done prior to update to 19.02. I've tried again and again and can't get stand-in switch to work with tap/tuner function.

les switchs externe fonctionne pour toi sur la Beta ? car c'est le soucis que j'ai eu avec du coup revenu au 19.01

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom