Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.02 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
In programming, which this is, “exactly”, the exact changes, occur in the code underlying what was affected, which is what would be shared in a team/peer-review meeting discussing the fix. If you work in programming the processors then you’d geek out, if you didn’t then your eyes would glaze over. And, it’s highly unlikely that Cliff would share the exact changes because they’re proprietary and company-confidential intellectual property which none of us has a need, or right, to know.

What you want is the mid to high-level overview of what changed which would be given to customers or upper management, and that’s what Cliff typically gives us.

I programmed in a lot of languages on a lot of systems and processors over a long time, and when Cliff starts talking “exactly” I have to reread several times just to get a general idea. His idea of “exactly” is very precise and esoteric and the threads are deep. “And, that’s what I appreciates about you”, @FractalAudio.
😂

@FractalAudio, @Admin M@, et. al.

I’m seeing errors importing a preset with a VolPan block from the FM3 to the FX3.
  • Both the FX3 and FM3 are on the latest firmware, v19.02b and v5.01 respectively and Edit versions v1.10.08 and v1.05.07 respectively.
  • The block uses the “External 1” modifier with “Med Pos” to auto-engage and the “Off” value is 95%.
  • “MIDI > External > External Control 1” on both are set to “FC 1 PEDAL 1” and the "Initial Value" for "External Control 1" is 100% on both.
  • The VolPan block is in my Block Library, shared by both FM3-Edit and Axe-FX Edit and that block was used when I added it to the preset.
  • The foot controller is defined as External 1 on both systems.
  • The FC12 is attached to the FX3. The FC6 is normally attached to the FM3 but for updating the firmware I didn’t connect it.
  • The volume pedal is attached to port 1 on the FC12 and I have confirmed it is toe down.
  • Switching to another scene or preset and back doesn’t help, so it doesn’t seem to be a refresh problem.
  • On import to the FX3, the block immediately engages instead of being disengaged.
  • Operating the foot pedal after import into the FX3 doesn’t change the block’s “Volume” setting or engage/disengage the block.
    The Editor recognizes the library entry and shows a grayed “VolPan”, but no joy. Clicking the “VolPan” entry in the Library selection box immediately changes it to white text and the block disengages as I’d expect, and operating the controller shows the FX3 can see the pedal moving.
I’ve been puzzling over this since yesterday trying to triangulate the problem. I attached a .zip of the preset, the block, and the system settings for both machines. I'm probably missing something on my side, but what it is I don't know.

Attachments

• test.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
In programming, which this is, “exactly”, the exact changes, occur in the code underlying what was affected, which is what would be shared in a team/peer-review meeting discussing the fix. If you work in programming the processors then you’d geek out, if you didn’t then your eyes would glaze over. And, it’s highly unlikely that Cliff would share the exact changes because they’re proprietary and company-confidential intellectual property which none of us has a need, or right, to know.

What you want is the mid to high-level overview of what changed which would be given to customers or upper management, and that’s what Cliff typically gives us.

I programmed in a lot of languages on a lot of systems and processors over a long time, and when Cliff starts talking “exactly” I have to reread several times just to get a general idea. His idea of “exactly” is very precise and esoteric and the threads are deep. “And, that’s what I appreciates about you”, @FractalAudio.
Man this is not an internal review meeting at fractal , or a post on git hub,it is foolish to assume someone asked for the source code changes because they used the term "exactly" . Whether Cliff shares or not is his call, i just asked something if they cant answer that no worries.

But i get it you're tryin to be funny and i appreciate your attempt.

Yep the precise and esoteric , deep threads or responses are the best part about Fractal/ Senor Cliff Chase, no other company gets into such detail, while it is tough to grasp at first, once you do understand makes you appreciate what you have more and use it better.

Last edited:

I thought he was asking for something way simpler, the "specific" changes that were made, not in the sense of which lines of code or anything, but more like, as 100% made-up examples, "compressors may be louder", "Plexi type amps may have more gain", that sort of thing. Something to guide users towards what they might want to compensate for, revisit etc, in light of these changes.

You must realize all this. You're pulling our legs maybe?

Thanks a lot again for these FW releases, with continuous improvements , such a lesson for other companies...
May be now a good time to have some factory presets update to fully explore these last FW ? I would really like that.

Hi,
I'm not sure if it's since this new beta firmware but I have a little problem on the fpi "stand-in switches page" setting controllers.
i'm using since approx. a year FC1 SW 1/2/3/4 to control a dedicated action on layout switches 7/8/9/10 set on my MLM Layout but its no longer send the right commands.
my FC1 SW 1 cmd view inc/dec send a -3 preset decrement
my FC1 SW 2 cmd layout select send a -2 preset decrement
my FC1 SW 3 cmd layout master layout send -1 preset decrement
my FC1 SW 4 cmd utility/tap tempo send a +1 preset increment

maybe a new parameter has been implemented in the meantime that can affect this function?
i use a fc6 and i've tested the FC6 layout mode in normal (sw1-6) and FC12 mode-(sw1-3/7-9), the results are the same.

Last edited:
Hi,
I'm not sure if it's since this new beta firmware but I have a little problem on the fpi "stand-in switches page" setting controllers.
i'm using since approx. a year FC1 SW 1/2/3/4 to control a dedicated action on layout switches 7/8/9/10 set on my MLM Layout but its no longer send the right commands.
my FC1 SW 1 cmd view inc/dec send a -3 preset decrement
my FC1 SW 2 cmd layout select send a -2 preset decrement
my FC1 SW 3 cmd layout master layout send -1 preset decrement
my FC1 SW 4 cmd utility/tap tempo send a +1 preset increment

maybe a new parameter has been implemented in the meantime that can affect this function?
i use a fc6 and i've tested the FC6 layout mode in normal (sw1-6) and FC12 mode-(sw1-3/7-9), the results are the same.
I rolling back to 19.01 and lost all my FC layers configurations!! :mad::confused::eek:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom