Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.02 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't updated since right after Cygnus was released. If I go straight to this version would I have to do anything to maintain/update my existing presets, or would they stay the same without any extra steps?

Amazing. And to think that when I received my FXIII 2.5 years ago I recall it being on firmware 6.x. By my count that's ~58 firmware (major and dot) updates in the 30 months I've owned it, not counting betas. Funny that I was concerned when I bought it that it might be obsoleted soon. :oops:
I just looked at my archive, and I show 95, including the latest, along with betas from v6.0 on June 19, 2019, until now. Add in FM3 and FM9 and presets and we're up to 128.

I'm so tired of hearing the whining of people worried about Fractal obsoleting a device.

PS - I thought it was 129, but I had a misplaced *Edit file.

Last edited:
I haven't updated since right after Cygnus was released. If I go straight to this version would I have to do anything to maintain/update my existing presets, or would they stay the same without any extra steps?
First, export all your presets in a folder in your desktop so if you don’t like it,downgrade, and load them back . Depends if your presets are concerned or not by all the corrections we had since cygnus… but I doubt that you have nothing to do.

Does "Scene Level + Save" maintain correlation between Scene Levels and Scene Numbers when moving Scenes around within a Preset? For example if I have Scene 2 at +1.20dB, and then move it to Scene 4, will the Scene Level move to Scene 4, too?

Does "Scene Level + Save" maintain correlation between Scene Levels and Scene Numbers when moving Scenes around within a Preset? For example if I have Scene 2 at +1.20dB, and then move it to Scene 4, will the Scene Level move to Scene 4, too?
Not listed in this updates fixes, so probably not.

Some long awaited FC updates there, much appreciated 👍 particularly the 2nd press to the previous preset. I’ve been wanting that one for years!
OK, perhaps I got ahead of myself a little. Got all excited there after years of waiting....dammit!
So, I have banks of 5 presets. Simple enough. I need each button (in each bank) to be able to toggle back and forth to & from the previous preset (no matter where it was located) so, it might have been in a different bank. This was how the BAK function used to work on the old MFC's.

For this to work, I have to set the preset buttons to 'Select in Bank' which is correct. However in that mode, I don't see the '2nd press' function there. What am I missing?

So, for example, the first button in the bank should be set to: 'Toggle in Bank' - Primary preset = 1 - Secondary preset = 'previous preset'
But I don't see that option, unless there's another way to do it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom