Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.02 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!
I'm experimenting with the FC-12 external switch!
In the meantime, it will completely frustrate the operation
Where can I find help for setting up FC-12 external switches?
Nowhere do I find any instruction that specifically explains this.
Thanks for the help.

T
Hi, you are correct, this is not a "wishlist thread", it is intended to report Bugs on Beta Firmware. BTW, according to Cliff, the issue at hand is no "small" request.

Right, I’m sure a group of people will be ready to chastise you for the next time you indulge any tangent on any thread, right? And you never engage in tangents in conversations or invite thoughts parallel to the subject at hand, right? And we all know ahead of time exactly how much effort will be needed for any wishlist request, right? But you have the class to call this out unimpeachably, and I admire that about you.

Threads always gonna "derail" but that's cause they involve humans. We each gotta throw in our two cents, positive, negative or irrelevant. [See here I go!] God love us (only he/she/it could).

Gods/Mods please delete this irrelevant post (#365 no less).

Edit: Done!

Hi!
I'm experimenting with the FC-12 external switch!
In the meantime, it will completely frustrate the operation
Where can I find help for setting up FC-12 external switches?
Nowhere do I find any instruction that specifically explains this.
Thanks for the help.
This apparently has to be done on the AxeFx III itself.
The switches are "Stand-In" switches for functions already programmed to a switch on the FC-12.

The basic process is to go to a Layout on the FC-12 (using AxeEdit III is easiest, hit the FC Edit button in upper right) - there are 9 FC-12 layouts total...
I happen to use 6 7 or 8 for these. Program a button on that layout to do what you want the external switch to do for Tap and Hold (you can also have it change to a new layout, eg Scenes at the same time).

Once the function is associated with the FC-12 layout's switch, you can go to [Home] Setup - FC Controllers and page right til you get to Stand In Switches. There you will see a line for each external switch on up to three FC's. Select the layout where you programmed the switch, then select the switch you want FC 1 Sw#1 and point it to the appropriate switch (1-12) in that layout.

As far as I am aware this is the only way to program functionality for the external switches.

PS - this is presently broken in the Beta 19.02 firmware but works fine in the 19.01 release.

Last edited:
is this still a beta version?, or final release, has the FC problems been solved or is it in the process of fixing it?, thanks in advance can't wait for the final release.

Lol, if you turn the knob and nothing changes, what did you think was happening :)
99.99% of the time I plug in, adjust bass, mids and treble, set the gain and play. I have never even pulled up the ideal page and don’t think I have changed IR’s more than once or twice in the last 3 years. Occasionally I remember that there were some settings someone mentioned were really cool for some amps but I have forgotten what they were! 😂 An old luthier in Sydney once told me years ago that people who could play guitar really well would come in ask him to set up their guitars with a few specifics and leave. He said those who came in with a laundry list of adjustments and changes and pickup diagrams and what not were the clients he tried to avoid as they were almost never satisfied and most times couldn’t play very well either. Sadly, describe me to a T.

Right, I’m sure a group of people will be ready to chastise you for the next time you indulge any tangent on any thread, right? And you never engage in tangents in conversations or invite thoughts parallel to the subject at hand, right? And we all know ahead of time exactly how much effort will be needed for any wishlist request, right? But you have the class to call this out unimpeachably, and I admire that about you.
With each new update there are several predictable responses. There are legitimate bugs that are pretty easy for anyone to replicate. The external switches this time round. Then there are the disappointed whose wish wasn’t incorporated. What??? No jumpered DC30??? Does Cliff personally hate me??? Then there are the ones who discover a new bug, mostly based on a new feature. The EQ only affects the cleans??? And, why don’t these buttons work??? What’s going? Does Cliff personally hate all guitar players??? Then there are the predictable reactions to these from the same fairly predictable group who think that Fractal is under personal attack and have to jump in. Why would you need that? Just don’t upgrade and my personal favorite, A real amp doesn’t work that way either! I would often find myself in the latter group especially when @My name is mud seemed to be spamming the forum constantly about a bug he had found that we all called BS on. Till Cliff posted that he was right 😂 Which meant I was wrong! 🙄

I'm so confused.

Did something happen to disable the 'ideal' controls...or some subset of them on some subset of sims?

If an unwashed mob coerces FAS into turning off 'ideal' controls entirely, Imma egg EVERYONE'S HOUSE.
I think some folks wanted it 'grayed out' only for the JMP1 OD models, because they don't actually do anything.

Any further thoughts/comments on the modeling changes besides the JMPre and UX? Differences in feel or overall tonal balance compared to 19.01? Has anyone tweaked all of their Transformer Match settings in response?

An old luthier in Sydney once told me years ago that people who could play guitar really well would come in ask him to set up their guitars with a few specifics and leave. He said those who came in with a laundry list of adjustments and changes and pickup diagrams and what not were the clients he tried to avoid as they were almost never satisfied and most times couldn’t play very well either. Sadly, describe me to a T.
Inhaber worked for a Luthier for year and yes this is true in most cases.

Axe FX Tutorials has a great tutorial on this. It gets more FC-12 specific near the end

Hello!
Thank you very much for your help!
I want to clarify the problems!
1., The FC-12 is an ingenious structure with lots of possibilities!
So I have no problem with the FC-12 pedal!
2., The FC-12 connected expression pedal works perfectly!
I use Volume and Wah pedals.
3. There is a problem with the operation of the external switches!
It worked perfectly with version 19.01!
I used to switch between "Preset" and "Scene"!
does not work with version 19.02!
I experimented a lot with the solution!
Unfortunately, I couldn't solve the logical operation!
So I can't even solve the logic because ...
I don't know English, so I won't detail the problem!
It's probably not understandable what I'm writing, because I have to put it completely differently than if I were writing the same thing in Hungarian!
I do not want to provoke an unnecessary debate with the possible wrong wording!
The point!
If I go back to 19.01 it works as I intended!
Maybe the problem is that my imagination is soaring ?!

Hello!
Thank you very much for your help!
I want to clarify the problems!
1., The FC-12 is an ingenious structure with lots of possibilities!
So I have no problem with the FC-12 pedal!
2., The FC-12 connected expression pedal works perfectly!
I use Volume and Wah pedals.
3. There is a problem with the operation of the external switches!
It worked perfectly with version 19.01!
I used to switch between "Preset" and "Scene"!
does not work with version 19.02!
I experimented a lot with the solution!
Unfortunately, I couldn't solve the logical operation!
So I can't even solve the logic because ...
I don't know English, so I won't detail the problem!
It's probably not understandable what I'm writing, because I have to put it completely differently than if I were writing the same thing in Hungarian!
I do not want to provoke an unnecessary debate with the possible wrong wording!
The point!
If I go back to 19.01 it works as I intended!
Maybe the problem is that my imagination is soaring ?!
This apparently has to be done on the AxeFx III itself.
The switches are "Stand-In" switches for functions already programmed to a switch on the FC-12.

The basic process is to go to a Layout on the FC-12 (using AxeEdit III is easiest, hit the FC Edit button in upper right) - there are 9 FC-12 layouts total...
I happen to use 6 7 or 8 for these. Program a button on that layout to do what you want the external switch to do for Tap and Hold (you can also have it change to a new layout, eg Scenes at the same time).

Once the function is associated with the FC-12 layout's switch, you can go to [Home] Setup - FC Controllers and page right til you get to Stand In Switches. There you will see a line for each external switch on up to three FC's. Select the layout where you programmed the switch, then select the switch you want FC 1 Sw#1 and point it to the appropriate switch (1-12) in that layout.

As far as I am aware this is the only way to program functionality for the external switches.

PS - this is presently broken in the Beta 19.02 firmware but works fine in the 19.01 release.
@Jozsef Kiss See @NeverTooManyGuitars message. The issue is with the current beta. Roll back to fw19.01p until the final version of fw19.021b comes out that will fix external switch issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom