Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.01

I'm in the 'burbs, Cedar Park. The storm may be relatively mild here but I'm still glad they're not running school buses today.

But back on topic... I've gotten to know Brit Silver, Gibtone Scout, Vibrato Lux, Wrecker Express, and Plexi 50W Jumped pretty well and have edited or created presets I like.

What new amp should I explore this afternoon??? There are still plenty I haven't gotten into yet. Maybe get out a bass and try the Blackglass pedal that's been the source of such forum ruckus???
RV50, dizzy, band commander, AC20.

Good grief. It's in the 20's here in Austin and lots of stuff is shut down due to ice. Everyone's a bit paranoid because of last year's Snowpacalypse and blackouts. I'll take the heat any day. Snow is fun for about 20 minutes but ice just plain sucks.
Another in Austin, hating the ice! Stay warm all.
Lee

Since you have the Brit Silver and the Plexi, might I suggest a quick run at the Freidman, the Soldano (I prefer to take Rhythm and boost the heck out of it) or, my current toy, the Engl.

Added Damping control to Modifiers. The default, EXPONENTIAL, is the classic damping style where the modifier value has an exponential attack/decay. LINEAR selects a linear attack/decay.

Added Type control to ADSRs. The default, EXPONENTIAL, is an analog style where the ADSR has an exponential attack/decay. LINEAR selects a linear attack/decay.

YES!! Thank you so much for this. While so much is focused on the amazing sounds in the Axe, the level of control offered is also a key differentiator for me as it allows me to do things that transcend the old world of analog gear.

Good grief. It's in the 20's here in Austin and lots of stuff is shut down due to ice. Everyone's a bit paranoid because of last year's Snowpacalypse and blackouts. I'll take the heat any day. Snow is fun for about 20 minutes but ice just plain sucks.
-6 in Iowa today, but my son is visiting a friend for a month in Dallas, and he said no one there knows how to drive in a light snow, so he’s keeping his Tesla in the garage!

Not as cold here, but lot of rain and wind, the picture shows why (I'm in Mauritius - "Maurice" in French ; the French map is here to show the size of the "thing" that just passed by)
I didn't have any electricity for a few hours.
apologies for the thread derail ;)

Attachments

• 272905356_2681824331962071_5561996834512531841_n.jpg
    272905356_2681824331962071_5561996834512531841_n.jpg
    377.4 KB · Views: 29
what feels different for you? i tried it at rehearsal tonight on bass and it sounded great but not markedly different from before imo
Well i was actually working on a rhythm preset in between this update and was struggling with it.
I couldn’t get the depth and thickness i like easily
as I usually do. Once i did this update it was pretty easy…

-6 in Iowa today, but my son is visiting a friend for a month in Dallas, and he said no one there knows how to drive in a light snow, so he’s keeping his Tesla in the garage!
Have you tried driving in DFW? It’s insane even in the best conditions. And they have some of the highest flyovers I’ve ever seen… your son has the right idea!

Back on topic (even though I’ve been a major derailer), last night’s preset turned out to be Austin Buddy’s XTC. I need to spend more time with it; I seemed to prefer the high gain channel with the gain relatively low but want to try some other options.

When I finally got stir-crazy enough to leave the house last night, I went to my mailbox to find a replacement Sperzel tuner I ordered… the high E went bad on one of my favorite guitars. Only took 10 minutes to swap it out and put a new string on.

I think today I’m going to try some of the presets I usually consider too weird. Definitely liking 19.01, so glad to have learned about the bias excursion setting!

I'm in the 'burbs, Cedar Park. The storm may be relatively mild here but I'm still glad they're not running school buses today.

But back on topic... I've gotten to know Brit Silver, Gibtone Scout, Vibrato Lux, Wrecker Express, and Plexi 50W Jumped pretty well and have edited or created presets I like.

What new amp should I explore this afternoon??? There are still plenty I haven't gotten into yet. Maybe get out a bass and try the Blackglass pedal that's been the source of such forum ruckus???
Dirty Shirley

Back
Top Bottom