Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.01

I always say that I am going to freeze my units and not update for a few months. Take a break from updating presets. And, then, like a damn junkie I start getting the shakes and I just have to install the latest firmware. I literally can't stop!

I seem to have a bit more high end clarity with just a smidge of less lower mids to my presets now. I just did a comparison on a DI reamp I did this morning using 19.01 Beeta, and after using the 19.01 full release. I used the stock Djentlmanly preset other than I turned off the reverb on both and changed the gate to modern on both. Anyone else noticing any differences?

Unfortunately I don't have the AXE FX III with me at the moment and I can't understand what the "dumping" parameter can do in the modifiers, can someone give some examples?

Unfortunately I don't have the AXE FX III with me at the moment and I can't understand what the "dumping" parameter can do in the modifiers, can someone give some examples?

"damping" can slow and smooth response or speed it up and make it more abrupt? there's probably a better definition

It's -26 degrees here in Minnesota
That sounds like hell to a Texan! But hell is supposed to be hot so I'm totally confused...

On the bright side my 19.01 update is complete, my 3 favorite presets are tweaked, and since my wife is staying with her sister today - I'm scaring the cats. Today's implements of feline terror are the "Try Axes" preset (LD2 Red) and my much mutilated Lone Star Strat (which may get a new setup today if I feel ambitious).

Stay warm, friends!

e4HvbNE.jpg

It's -26 degrees here in Minnesota, but the day is about to warm up! The gift that keeps giving! Thanks to all at Fractal!
Good grief. It's in the 20's here in Austin and lots of stuff is shut down due to ice. Everyone's a bit paranoid because of last year's Snowpacalypse and blackouts. I'll take the heat any day. Snow is fun for about 20 minutes but ice just plain sucks.

Good grief. It's in the 20's here in Austin and lots of stuff is shut down due to ice. Everyone's a bit paranoid because of last year's Snowpacalypse and blackouts. I'll take the heat any day. Snow is fun for about 20 minutes but ice just plain sucks.
That was bad. I still think of that video where that FJ Cruiser gets squashed like a tin can by the semi plowing into it. That was a bad day for a lot of people :(

I'm in the 'burbs, Cedar Park. The storm may be relatively mild here but I'm still glad they're not running school buses today.

But back on topic... I've gotten to know Brit Silver, Gibtone Scout, Vibrato Lux, Wrecker Express, and Plexi 50W Jumped pretty well and have edited or created presets I like.

What new amp should I explore this afternoon??? There are still plenty I haven't gotten into yet. Maybe get out a bass and try the Blackglass pedal that's been the source of such forum ruckus???

Back
Top Bottom