Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 17.00

FAS Buttery amp and new Drive Maxoff 808 and VS9 preset MF Buttery downloadable on G66.eu

Thanks for this Marco. The Buttery was one of my favourites and I never like the Buddha as much, for some reason. Really glad it’s back.
Was messing around with it tonight on a Tele and I have no idea why, but started playing the verse of Teachers Pet from School of Rock by accident. Figured the rest out and couldn’t stop smiling playing along. Something very wholesome about that song. Inspiration comes from the strangest of places.

Absolutely. I pulled out my Godin Glissantar 11-string fretless semi acoustic guitar and dropped it an octave…incredible stand-up bass toneage..
Nice! I had noticed a slight warbling of higher notes (eg, F above the high e string) when playing clean arpeggios tuned down a 4th, and just a very slightly-noticeable latency. Looking forward to trying it, but I'm holding out for 17.01.

Thanks for this Marco. The Buttery was one of my favourites and I never like the Buddha as much, for some reason. Really glad it’s back.
Was messing around with it tonight on a Tele and I have no idea why, but started playing the verse of Teachers Pet from School of Rock by accident. Figured the rest out and couldn’t stop smiling playing along. Something very wholesome about that song. Inspiration comes from the strangest of places.
My friend had a Budda. I played it once. And I never thought the Axe's version sounded anything like it. It does now :)

My friend had a Budda. I played it once. And I never thought the Axe's version sounded anything like it. It does now :)
I haven't seen any indication that the re-introduced Buttery model was changed from what it was before...

Curious if you know which model of Budda he had?

@TSJMajesty @My name is mud I think it's the pitch detection, not necessarily the pitch shifting, that has improved. This is all just my conjecture, so take it with a grain of salt, but I imagine it will only have an effect on how it reads what you're playing, which would have the ancillary benefit of tracking better for certain note sections for pitch shifting. I know, e.g., I had trouble with some high notes tracking well with pitch shifting when I applied wild vibrato; maybe that would've improved. But I haven't used the pitch shifter in probably four or five months, so I'll have to play with it again to see if that has changed. Regardless, the Fractal pitch shifter is the best I've seen; I've never seen another that has this low of a latency with this level of quality, and, importantly, the ability to set so many parameters; it really is remarkable.

My first thought when reading about this enhancement was that it would help to make the pitch detection modifier more stable perhaps, like @2112's great idea of assigning it to reverb, to increase with pitch, or however else you choose to assign it; that's really a world of possibilities in itself. In other words, I think, though I'm not sure, the only way you'd really notice the improvement might be if actually encountered any sort of problem with it before.

Well I have a couple arpeggiated intervals to compare, once I get on 17.01. One of which is simply playing open A, 4th stg 2nd fret, and open G (A7.) Letting the notes ring into each other causes the G to give this eh eh eh eh eh ehhhhh eh eh eh eh.... "warbling" effect, and then, for lack of a better way to explain it, it sounds as if the A "resets." If I touch the A string while the strings are ringing, it stops. I do have offsets applied to my tuning, so that could be part of it, or it's got something to do with being a wide interval. Come to think of it, that's pretty much when I hear it- when playing wide intervals. This is dropped 4 semi-tones, btw.

Still, it wouldn't stop me from using it live. Looking forward to trying this on the next FW, since it's easy to compare. Not like for example, for me anyway, trying to hear the difference between, say, a new diode in a Drive Block. "Hmmm, definitely sounds a bit warmer, eh?" ;)

Back
Top Bottom