Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 17.00

I am the new owner of Axe FX III and a new member of the forum. Can anyone tell me how long the new firmware link will be posted on the forum before it is on the official download page?

I am the new owner of Axe FX III and a new member of the forum. Can anyone tell me how long the new firmware link will be posted on the forum before it is on the official download page?
Good question..it does seem a bit longer than usual…but that should not deter you from downloading it…as it is awesome. Welcome!

One of the key things about using any sort mic signal (that is not close miking the cab speaker) is use it like salt.

A little bit goes a long way, using too much makes things unpalatable.

If you are hating the room mics, try lowering the level of them.

The thing that separates a good ambient room amp recording from bad demo amp recording is the ratio of close amp signal versus room ambience signal.

Drop it to -20 dBFS and decide from that point if you need more or less of it.

It stays in the forums archive forever Im pretty sure. Its up on fractal bot ready to download.

Just tried the york audio / valhallir full res ir's out of boredom. And damn they sound sweet!. Adding with some multidelay they sound huge! Especially for some clean mathrock stuff along with the matchbox, something i'd totally use on the rare occasions that i play clean.

Last edited:
The forum is the also the place to be if you want to try out any beta versions of firmware before the official release appears on the Fractal website.
Even if this doesn't interest you, you can read what the guys think of the latest developments in beta stage.
Be warned: when you read 'Holy Sh^&balls' anywhere in the thread, it means it's something pretty awesome coming down the line.

When activating the tuner in Axe-edit it doesn't mute anymore, I checked and it's set to mute output. A bug or am I missing something?

Fractal-Bot does not download the firmware, but sends it to the device. And it is downloaded by the user.
Fractal Bot will notify you there is new firmware & provide a link after it's been pushed through to the server. The forum is always the first place to post new firmware.

Awesome Leon thanks so much - wondering why the user cab was not muted is it suppose to be on or off considering you are using the new full res cabs :)

I am loving the new update!!! I love the scratchpad FullRes IR option for MK1 users after all. thank you @FractalAudio!
I also wanted to report some buggy behavior. Everything updated to the latest.
I used only factory presets while adding the fullres irs in the cab block, slot 3 & 4, hard panned left right, 100% mix. The first factory preset had the predictable 10-12% cpu increase. The more presets I was playing through, the cpu usage was increasing significantly. By the time I used the sixth factor preset with FullRes irs I eventually ran out of cpu. I had to restart to fix the issue.

For the last few months I've had Axe FX III MkII I've been amazed at how it's made and how smoothly and securely the backup works, the firmwate update is perfect. I am a professional hardware engineer in IT and an electronics so from my many years of experience I can say that the Axe FX III is really King and my first digital love because I loved exclusively analog amps and pedalboard effects. For the first time with the processor, I could hear the amp breathing, recognizing the soul of my old Stratocaster when I change the pickups of each pickup. A colleague with a private studio complained about the complexity of being lazy and looking for quick and easy tasks, but the Axe Fx III is for professionals who want to be creators of their own sound with endless possibilities. Quad Cortex not finished with endless promises that it will be, Helix for me somehow old, Kemper very good but little opportunity for personal tone expression. Axe FX III - the King.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom