Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 17.00

After initial testing this appears to be isolated to the firmware. I reported the issue to Cliff.

Thx Michael!

I know that Cliff had initially removed one of the two IR Player blocks and then was able to put it back... so maybe that has something to do with it... and/or something with the addition of the 3rd User bank and addressing the IR slots.

One of the best products for guitar there is and used by some of the biggest names there is. How could you not be a fanboy?!?! In my case a Fan-Man! No apologies, why would you? This update sounds better to me than the last and the last was great! Mk1 owner here and I've gotten way more than I payed for in my opinion. I love you all, goodnight.

"im a mk1 user and a bit disappointed I cant use new features"

Please explain what you thought would happen. Did owners really think that was it, nothing else will be made? Serious question because I dont understand the comment (also a mk1 owner).
I have already written everything before. I don't want to repeat myself.
Technology is moving forward, the product needs to be developed. But if the memory size of probably $ 5 is going to determine whether a fairly large upgrade is fully functional or not, that's not good.
When the MKIV comes with a new and faster processor, etc. and its new possibilities come out of it, that's okay. That's life. But the amount of memory ... ???
What did I expect? In that case, the option to buy a $ 50 card that I can put into FXIII will give me full functionality.

It is not my goal to fight Fractal, but only to present a different point of view of new functionality or its lack.
And this is only my opinion and does not make anyone agree with it.

But it always seemed to me that this forum is also for expressing your opinion. After some previous comments from some users, I am beginning to have doubts.

But please, let's get this over with. There are more problems with firmware 17 than the fact that MKI FullRes is not fully functional.

How many FullRes IRs can be stored in the scrathpads? 2 or 16? I'll create an RPA script that will load my favorite IRs to these slots.

I have already written everything before. I don't want to repeat myself.
Technology is moving forward, the product needs to be developed. But if the memory size of probably $ 5 is going to determine whether a fairly large upgrade is fully functional or not, that's not good.
When the MKIV comes with a new and faster processor, etc. and its new possibilities come out of it, that's okay. That's life. But the amount of memory ... ???
What did I expect? In that case, the option to buy a $ 50 card that I can put into FXIII will give me full functionality.

It is not my goal to fight Fractal, but only to present a different point of view of new functionality or its lack.
And this is only my opinion and does not make anyone agree with it.

But it always seemed to me that this forum is also for expressing your opinion. After some previous comments from some users, I am beginning to have doubts.

But please, let's get this over with. There are more problems with firmware 17 than the fact that MKI FullRes is not fully functional.

But what from fractal's track record made you expect a $50 card to increase functionality? Genuinely curious.

But what from fractal's track record made you expect a $50 card to increase functionality? Genuinely curious.
Well, I can see that nothing. And here is perhaps the main point of my surprise and disappointment. I didn't know enough about the company before I bought their top model. My mistake. Now I know and I will not make this mistake a second time.
Thank you for pointing it out :)

Well, I can see that nothing. And here is perhaps the main point of my surprise and disappointment. I didn't know enough about the company before I bought their top model. My mistake. Now I know and I will not make this mistake a second time.

Is there a competitor that offers this?

That kind is upgradeability is quite rare in dedicated guitar processors, far as I know. Are there any that offer that?

Among other reasons, it's hard to predict what will exist in the future that a design should allow for. For instance, the higher capacity memory chips used in the mk II didn't exist when the mk I came out, and they come in a different physical package, so it's not a drop-in replacement.

Last edited:

I don't know of any other device that gives you their latest tech in an upgrade for 50$. Buying anything is a mistake by that logic. I remember L6 selling an additional 5 amp models for $99 not so long ago. The III has had an overwhelming number of "free" upgrades since its release and will have more.

Sorry guys i ve the fm3 but i d like to know if the maxon and ts9 are available as booster in the preamp section in this update. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom