Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 17.00

Hi Team , Seems the tunner in the the AXE-Edit lost the mute function but from AXE FX3 side works . Are you facing this issue too ?
I had this happen also. I'm not with the AxeFX at the moment but from what I remember ... Use the front panel select tuner, go to page 2, select input mute and exit.

My MKI didn't take anywhere near that long. Maybe a couple of minutes, I wasn't timing it but it didn't seem any longer than any other update I have done.
Thanks for you reply, that is good to know. Still, thinking (MKI) I may wait for 17.01 ...

Last edited:
iPhone too like to do updates that slow your phone 😅. I prefer to not have updates anymore in this case
This rightly ,happened only once i think when it had to do something with the batteries on phones 6/6s etc. i still use X from 2017 and my phone is faster than what it was when i got it, due to the updates.

Fractal would do the same and improve things throughout the product lifecycle. I Don't think they would resort to cheap tactics such as slowing stuff down.

This rightly ,happened right only once i think when it had to do something with the batteries on phones 6/6s etc. i still use X from 2017 and my phone is faster than what it was when i got it, due to the updates.

Fractal would do the same and improve things throughout the product lifecycle. I Don't think they would resort to cheap tactics such as slowing stuff down.
In my 7 back in the day every updates make it slower. After some scandals about it it seems they changed strategy . (Own the 11)

In my 7 back in the day every updates make it slower. After some scandals about it it seems they changed strategy . (Own the 11)
I Have tried 7 on ios14 and it is really smooth. yeah a year or so was bad with the updates i remember as well.

Its an axe edit issue i think, the update also took really long to come no one had it during beta, So i guess some stuff went awry.

when installed 17 it was great. only after the axe edit update it seemed to slowdown reading stuff

Hi Team , Seems the tunner in the the AXE-Edit lost the mute function but from AXE FX3 side works . Are you facing this issue too ?
Come to think of it, I did notice this yesterday on my MK1. Tuner mute was disabled. Just had to turn it back on and all was well.

Cliff has already stated that they aren't doing that setup because it would be a nightmare to implement.
I don't think Cliff has hardcoded the size of user bank, so if both units have the 3 user banks, i think it will be easier to manage. But without the Source code, i agree it's just basic assumptions 😉 and the user bank 2 convertion could be also tricky.

Therefore, you should carefully consider whether to buy anything new from Fractal at all. After all, it may not work with the new software in a moment.
Now we have FX III Mark I, Mark II, Mark II Turbo, and maybe in a week's time there will be Mark II Turbo Extra?
It was similar with FM3. First without a headphone output, then a version with a headphone output.
I wonder what awaits those who have just bought FM9?
IMHO does not build trust in this manufacturer.

Either:

A. You have a seriously skewed idea about how technology products work, and are ignorant of Fractal's track record of supporting their hardware (not to mention the numerous statements Cliff's made on this topic), or

B. You're trolling.

Don't buy a new car, right? Because there could be another model next year!!!! God forbid you still drive an older vehicle when a newer one has obviously made yours obsolete.

Can't trust those car manufacturers. Don't waste your money /s

Gimme a f**kin break

(Normally I try to be a bit more diplomatic but my patience for this kind of crap is wearing thin).
B

Therefore, you should carefully consider whether to buy anything new from Fractal at all. After all, it may not work with the new software in a moment.
Now we have FX III Mark I, Mark II, Mark II Turbo, and maybe in a week's time there will be Mark II Turbo Extra?
It was similar with FM3. First without a headphone output, then a version with a headphone output.
I wonder what awaits those who have just bought FM9?
IMHO does not build trust in this manufacturer.
This post will not age well.

All computers get updated frequently if they didn't people would get upset. It doesn't bother me at all. It's progress. The real question is does your equipment do what you need it to do. I still have an iPhone 6s plus and I have no need to upgrade as it does what I need it to do just fine but others need the new iPhone 13 Pro Max. In the case of the AxeFx III Mark II, this is so much more than I need that the extra 25% clock speed would be wasted on me so I see no reason to send mine back and get a new one.
My comment was regarding "in the next 6 months".

Axe Fx doesn't get "frequent updates" of the hardware.

Full Res IRs are basically for "amp in the room" sounds. More or less convolution reverb that you can mix in with your existing tones. May or may not be actually useful to you. None from Fractal just yet. There's a beta thread where Valhalla IR provided some free IRs to try. Similar results can be found with the Reverb block. IIRC, they use ~12% more CPU.
I would say "more or less simulating room mics"... ;)

Back
Top Bottom